Wedding Reception Venues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFCmonkey

My fiancée and I are looking at setting a date for our wedding next year, and wondered if anyone knew of any places that are suitable to hold a reception.

We need room for around 80-100 guests, near(ish) to Leicester, and reasonably priced.

Thank you much...

Plenty of hotels etc that will do that.

Sketchley Grange and t'other one which changes it's name al lthe time in Hinckley are both nice for receptions.

The Marriott near Fosse Park is also supposed to be good but wouldn't know about prices!

You could also see about prices at the football club, been to a couple of receptions there and it's been good, food is always top notch(which is important!)

We just got married at the City Rooms in Leicester (well, we got married in a church, had the reception there though) and it was superb. Friendly and very helpful staff that went above board to help the missus organise stuff (I did sod all!).

Ignore the placement, you spend all your time inside and the main hall is superb

http://www.thecityrooms.co.uk/

edit:

a photo of everyone inside, this is half of the hall, the other half is as big and is for the disco etc

17964_450491565483_619020483_10906186_435314_n.jpg

Oh and speak to me about photographers, when you need one, ours was superb and we got full copyright of all of the photos he took (about 600+) so we don't need to pay for anything else from him.

Last edited:
Oh and speak to me about photographers, when you need one, ours was superb and we got full copyright of all of the photos he took (about 600+) so we don't need to pay for anything else from him.

Matt, just out of interest what was the cost of this?

My sister is getting married in September, and she's weighing up what to do on the photography side of things.

We just got married at the City Rooms in Leicester (well, we got married in a church, had the reception there though) and it was superb. Friendly and very helpful staff that went above board to help the missus organise stuff (I did sod all!).

Ignore the placement, you spend all your time inside and the main hall is superb

http://www.thecityrooms.co.uk/

edit:

a photo of everyone inside, this is half of the hall, the other half is as big and is for the disco etc

View attachment 5314

Just out of interest, what was the approximate cost of hiring the venue, and what was included? Also, how many guests did you have at the reception?

We just got married at the City Rooms in Leicester

ah i know the bloke who owns that, think his son runs it now Kieron

or at least he did last time i went

ah i know the bloke who owns that, think his son runs it now Kieron

or at least he did last time i went

It's an Asian fella now. He owns some of Leicester's most protected and oldest buildings. He currently lives in Western Park in the Lodge. He's after Brauny Hall next which he can have for a penny but he'll have to spend £7 million plus on it. Also the idea of a hotel/select restaurant in Braunstone Park is comical.

Don't do it............. save your money now, don't get married!

It's an Asian fella now. He owns some of Leicester's most protected and oldest buildings. He currently lives in Western Park in the Lodge. He's after Brauny Hall next which he can have for a penny but he'll have to spend £7 million plus on it. Also the idea of a hotel/select restaurant in Braunstone Park is comical.

Not really braunstone park though.

We just got married at the City Rooms in Leicester

A photo of everyone inside, this is half of the hall, the other half is as big and is for the disco etc
Why are some people wearing party hats at your wedding reception?

Not a wedding, but have been to and organised events at Beadles Golf course in East Goscote. The food is a decent standard and a pleasant setting. The room is £150 for the evening, the DJ £190 and the food is £16.50 per head.

Matt, just out of interest what was the cost of this?

My sister is getting married in September, and she's weighing up what to do on the photography side of things.

He was £1000, that includes all the photography (he would have done the photos of the girls getting ready as well in that price but the missus didn't want an extra person in a crowded house). He takes photo's up until the end of the food then he sets up a booth in a corner and takes prop based photos of people if they want them, which they can then purcahse for £10 each. The grandmas etc love it and he must make a fair bit of money from it, which allows him to keep his main prices down.

This is our gallery of evening pics http://www.pellierevents.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=1336

For that price you also get 50 thank you cards with a picture that you choose and about 20 prints at 10x8 or similar. With you having full resolution copies of the photos though you can just nip to tesco to get more. Plus he will go through and apply some black and white effects to ones he thinks appropriate.

You also get a DVD slideshow of all of the photos (ours was just over an hour long) which you are free to distribute to family if you choose.

Just out of interest, what was the approximate cost of hiring the venue, and what was included? Also, how many guests did you have at the reception?

I think it was about £3200 all included. That included:

The main hall hire from 3pm until 1am
The reception room downstairs for canapés etc
Canapés
Main 3 course meal with champage (we opted for fizzy wine instead) for about 70 guests
Evening buffet for ~95 guests
Chair covers (or incontinence sheets apparantly)

The service was very good and we accounted for 80% of the evening guests with the buffet and there was more than enough.

The beer/drinks were reasonably priced as well, about the same as a normal bar in time ~£3 a pint

Why are some people wearing party hats at your wedding reception?

We got married day after boxing day so had Christmas crackers on the table as place cards, some people wore the hats.

He was £1000, that includes all the photography (he would have done the photos of the girls getting ready as well in that price but the missus didn't want an extra person in a crowded house).

Or she didn't want photos of her in just her pants broadcast all over the internet!

I went to wedding last week and the bride and groom had Tv aerials on their heads.

yep, that's him, nice bloke, family friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670