Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are they ?

For the love of God, where are they ??

I know how you're feeling Homeypants!

Need to get them in NOW! There's only 4 days until the glamour tie with Real! Even if we get them now, how on Earth will they settle in time?

Doomed I tell thee, doomed!

I know how you're feeling Homeypants!

Need to get them in NOW! There's only 4 days until the glamour tie with Real! Even if we get them now, how on Earth will they settle in time?

Doomed I tell thee, doomed!

That's what I'm worried about

Getting them in for the Swansea game is just an added extra as far as I'm concerned - but it is the glamour fixture that is the most important. We've been looking forward to it for weeks now, and we need those big signings in now or it's Pearson Out

That's what I'm worried about

Getting them in for the Swansea game is just an added extra as far as I'm concerned - but it is the glamour fixture that is the most important. We've been looking forward to it for weeks now, and we need those big signings in now or it's Pearson Out

26th September is the deadline for me..................when we play the behemoth that is Preston North End.

So Nige tells us mongies that he has got to spend wisely. Well what a shock hey, just what Mandy told you through the media weeks ago.
Basically he does not have the dosh. Not saying its or good or bad thing, but just bemused by the fact that people couldnt see through it.

One week to prove me wrong folks:102::icon_bigg

Remembering Nathan Blake and Carl Cort I am cynical about big signings. However, I would like to see three loan signings - a goalkeeper, a striker and Tom Cleverly. Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have not yet started sending out their young players and last year Pearson/Walsh used the loan system very well.

Players who have been released by Wolves are not traditionally thought of as big signings, even if they are 6'4 (Cort) or 19 stone (Blake).

They are on the OS

The OS doesn't count. Ever. Can't even produce an accurate match report, how do you expect it to be honest about signings?

I wasn't being entirely serious.

One week to prove me wrong folks:102::icon_bigg

Sadly, there are plenty of other though who can never smell the coffee. MM was never going to splash out loads more money at this stage on the off chance of another instant promotion followed by the big cash in.

If we are in with a shout in January he might well spend a few quid but otherwise NP is going to have to make do with loanees and cheapos.

In my book its quite rightly so too.

The OS is the biggest pile of wank iv ever come across in all my interweb life, not only is it 24 hours behind reality, it also contains no critiscm of any sort.

Even the day we were relegated it still tried to put it out as family-friendly. It gave Carl Corts release a glowing review!

It's like LCFC propaganda, all is well and good in the world of Leicester city.

Sadly, there are plenty of other though who can never smell the coffee. MM was never going to splash out loads more money at this stage on the off chance of another instant promotion followed by the big cash in.

If we are in with a shout in January he might well spend a few quid but otherwise NP is going to have to make do with loanees and cheapos.

I agree that we were never going to make £5mill+ bids but, we were fairly sound defensively in the season that we went down to the First; it was in the scoring department that we struggled. We now seem to be going in to the season with one less out and out striker than we had that season (Hume). Were Fryatt to pick up a long term injury or even worse, not score for a few games and lose his confidence, I fail to see how goals would come.

Obviously I have not reading threads carefully enough. Was the Cox 'bid' entirely ficticious to fool us into thinking Milan was going to splash some cash, or is there still some money available if Pearson and Walsh can identify a good value, available player?

Presumably as both Milan and Hoos were on record as having bid, it was a significant one of say £1million + but obviously not the £2million the Baggies eventually offered.

Without seeming to be too negative I'm a little dissappointed in the quality of the signings so far

Weale - A reserve goalie from another Champs team
Wellens - Been around a long time hardly a player with potential
Neilson - Scots Prem "veteran" who can't get into a poor Scotland national team.
N'Guessan - A lot to prove but probably the one who could go the furthest.

I had hoped we'd have gone more down the route of last year e.g. imaginative signings like Tunchev and Prem up and coming loanees like Martin, Cleverley, Hobbs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566