Who's Voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In locals BNP,
In euros, UKIP.

Made my vote, will it make a difference, have to wait and see.
If you don't vote, don't moan about the outcome?
As for not having enough time to vote, balderdash, the polling stations are opened late enough for Highland to vote when he finishes work. (Did you know he works until 9.30pm?)

It's better to vote for the lesser of three evils than not vote at all.

I agree - I was only offering you an alternative, didn't say it was a sensible one :icon_wink

Why?

Are you a nazi, racist, stupid, or just making a protest by voting for the most obnoxious option?

A bit of stereotyping there Jeff?
Maybe we shouldn't all believe what we read in newspapers :102:

I've let you know who I voted for, but won't divulge why.

just voted

Lib Dem

don't think i'll ever vote Tory... but maybe i will one day if the agree to cut taxes & benefit

and Labour can feck off...they fecked the economy up and went to war in Iraq

the BNP are twats....the main reason i voted

A bit of stereotyping there Jeff?
Maybe we shouldn't all believe what we read in newspapers :102:

I don't necessarily believe what I read in newspapers.

But I do believe what Mrs Jeff tells me. When she's doing the counts the BNP candidates try to intimidate the people doing the counting, and have had to be removed from the count due to their behaviour.

I believe what I see in pictures. Nick Griffin doing nazi salutes etc.
I believe Nick Griffin has been convicted of inciting racial hatred.

I don't believe what the BNP say on the leaflets they've been bombarding us with for the last few weeks. Some of their claims are ridiculous.

I had a good look at their website a couple of years ago and their policies were racist and unworkable, written by people in a fantasy world.
I've just had a look at their website to see their latest manifesto, and I get this message: "Error: Document deleted by user". So presumably they don't want us to know what they stand for.

I voted... was quite surreal looking out of my front window last night and seeing the house across the road with 3 posters in the window saying "Vote Jo Fox" :icon_eek: ...........it just missed off the "you tossers" bit

I voted Lib Dems in the locals as the candidate is a friend.

My usual trick of eeny meeny miny mo failed me in the Euros as there were too many parties to chose from, most of whom I'd never heard of before, but disappointingly no monster Raving Loonies this time.

I voted Labour. First time since Iraq, which lead me to resign from the party which I'd been a member of since I was 14.

Of course you all could have done something completely crazy and genuinely bizarre, like actually assess which of the prospective candidates before you would do the best job at effectively representing you and your constiuency on the local council and/or within the European parliament, regardless of which party badge they have or which blind national political claptrap you choose to be hoodwinked by

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe what I read in newspapers.

But I do believe what Mrs Jeff tells me. When she's doing the counts the BNP candidates try to intimidate the people doing the counting, and have had to be removed from the count due to their behaviour.

I believe what I see in pictures. Nick Griffin doing nazi salutes etc.
I believe Nick Griffin has been convicted of inciting racial hatred.

I don't believe what the BNP say on the leaflets they've been bombarding us with for the last few weeks. Some of their claims are ridiculous.

I had a good look at their website a couple of years ago and their policies were racist and unworkable, written by people in a fantasy world.
I've just had a look at their website to see their latest manifesto, and I get this message: "Error: Document deleted by user". So presumably they don't want us to know what they stand for.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jun/02/bnp-far-right-local-elections

Another reason Stoke is a 'orrible place.

I voted for Conservatives in my local election because I like what they plan to do. And they have been doing fine for the last 20 years or so.

I voted UKIP for the Euro's because I liked what they plan to do.

Pretty easy really.

I voted for Conservatives in my local election because I like what they plan to do. And they have been doing fine for the last 20 years or so.

I voted UKIP for the Euro's because I liked what they plan to do.

Pretty easy really.

Copy cat

From the NOTW.............

Reading Political Hack's piece about Caroline Spelman's misuse of taxpayers money, I fell to wondering why she felt she had to abuse her position. Because she's not poor. According to the News of the World, she's worth £1.5million. So why the desire to filch money from the public purse?

The NOTW article is interesting in other ways too. They point out that 19 of 29 of the Conservative shadow cabinet are millionaires - as they put it, if they get elected "Britain could be on the way to its wealthiest government since the mid-19th century—when the aristocracy relinquished power", 150 years ago. Wow - that's going way back to before the franchise was widened to male householders with a certain amount of savings.

For those interested, here's the list:

Lord Strathclyde, Leader of the Opposition in the House of Lords - £10 Million

Phillip Hammond, shadow chief secretary to the Treasury - £9 million

George Osborne, shadow chancellor - £4.3 million

Jeremy Hunt, Shadow Secretary for Culture, Media & Sport - £4.1 million

David Cameron, Conservative party leader - £3.2 Million

Dominic Grieve, shadow Home Secretary - £3.1 Million

Francis Maude, Shadow Chancellor of Duchy of Lancaster - £3 Million

William Hague, Shadow Foreign Secretary - £2.2 MIllion

Alan Duncan, Shadow Secretary for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform - £2.1 Million

Andrew Mitchell, Shadow Secretary for International Development - £2 Million

David Willetts - £1.9 million
Theresa May - £1.7 million
Oliver Letwin - £1.5 million
Caroline Spelman - £1.5 million
Owen Paterson - £1.5 million
Cheryl Gillan - £1.4 million
Liam Fox - £1 million
Grant Shapps - £1 million
Michael Gove - £1 million

Not exactly "people like us" or "people in touch with ordinary folk", are they? No wonder one of the few concrete policies the Conservatives have is to cut inheritance tax.

Look out for other policies that will specifically help millionaires and ignore everyone else. The last time we had such a concentration of interests in the early 19th century, we got such horrors as the New Poor Act, which massively expanded brutal workhouses, and which the Times criticised at the time as a "disgrace [to] the statute-book."

Does it really matter about their background? I just want somebody who can do the job properly. Somebody who know's how to manage a balance sheet. Somebody who know's how control a Government. I couldn't care less where that person comes from or how well off they are.

People need to be ruled and will be happy to be ruled if they respect their leader.

I more or less had to vote Tory in the Locals. There were only three candidates, and I couldn't bring myself to vote Labour. And I definately wasn't going to be voting BNP.

I can't bring myself to vote UKIP, as if they pulled us out of Europe, i'm sure it would affect some of my foreign work colleagues.

Of course you all could have done something completely crazy and genuinely bizarre, like actually assess which of the prospective candidates before you would do the best job at effectively representing you and your constiuency on the local council and/or within the European parliament, regardless of which party badge they have or which blind national political claptrap you choose to be hoodwinked by

Spot on homeypants and kind of what I was saying earlier in respect to why do people vote based on what a party did, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. Madness it is.

I'm in the North West constituency for the Euro elections, and all the stuff we got was talking about what they'd do for Liverpool and Manchester, 120+ miles from here, I'm not aware of any of the candidates being local.

In the local election I only had three options, and I know two of them are twats, so I voted for the other one. He may also be a twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669