Post Match Wolves 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that if we are to dominate possession (or be allowed to) then we need to take more risks. If if doesn't come off then the likelihood is that person will be ceded back to us shortly.

Perez was anonymous, I wish Tielemans was. His conditioning seems awry.

I felt Choudury was unlucky. The first booking was wrong, the second would have been fine a few years ago. When was obstruction dropped from the laws?

Miserable bastards.

Decent point against the second best team in the world the way Wolves have been talked about recently.

They camped behind us anytime we had the ball and it wasn't until they had the man advantage they started to put more pressure on. Still never felt like we were hanging on at all though.

Not our greatest attacking display but it doesn't help we are almost always a man down as I'm not sure what Perez adds to the team out wide. Not necessarily his fault as it's not his position but he offers little attacking threat there and no defensive cover either.

Point away against a challenger is a good result - no one has gained any significant ground on us and worst case scenario by the end of the weekend is we still have a 10 point gap to 5th and one less game to go.

We are only about 6 points short on our title winning season right now - we could be doing a hell of a lot worse!

Plus wolves love a draw. Probably why they're so much better than us as they've got 12 to our 5

On aside note, VAR was bought in to stop, amongst other things, the Boli goal against Man City.
He has now had 2 goals cancelled out against us by VAR
Karma, ****ing love it

Am I the only one who wouldn't have settled for a point before the game? Circumstances as they were a point is good. But why settle for one beforehand?

Am I the only one who wouldn't have settled for a point before the game? Circumstances as they were a point is good. But why settle for one beforehand?

Nah. I'm disappointed we didn't win....i wouldn't really have wanked off a badger for a draw. That said I'm not too down about a draw as wolves draw nearly half their games as they make themselves hard to beat. No ground is gained on us either and over the next few days the ones panicking at our form will see everyone else are shite.

0-0?

Well done to whatever knobhead decided to stick this on TV on a Friday night Valentine's.

The marriage won.

When Pep, first took over Man City, their football was possession but very predictable
Almost Puelball
We can be at times (tonight)
This season is about,what can we do, with what we have?
The future is very bright
Let’s see what next season brings

I’d have taken a draw, and I think I’ve said before I might have taken 3 draws from the Chelsea, Wolves and Man C games.

Once we’re through this lot we’ve played Liverpool, Man C, Chelsea and Wolves all twice. We know we’re better than the dross at the bottom so five/six wins should be manageable.

When Pep, first took over Man City, their football was possession but very predictable
Almost Puelball
We can be at times (tonight)
This season is about,what can we do, with what we have?
The future is very bright
Let’s see what next season brings

Tonight was quite Puelball, but at least it wasn’t Puelball at home to West Ham.

Tonight was quite Puelball, but at least it wasn’t Puelball at home to West Ham.
You have to give some of the blame to Wolves
If they were bottom 5, I could understand their tactics
It gives BR food for thought

Lol

The Premier League is absolutely garbage.

2nd to 20th is mind numbingly boring.

Football is wank

The idea that the Premier League is shit this season appears to have come about because most of the big clubs are underperforming. **** ‘em.

We’re about to to see a side win their first title in thirty years. The competition from 4th to 19th is wide open. All English sides are through to the knock out stages of European competition and, last season, all four European finalists were from the Premier League.

Sky and co spent years wanking on about the Premier League being the best in the world when La Liga (and even the Bundesliga, fleetingly) was streets ahead and now the evidence points to the Premier League being the strongest league in the world people are falling over themselves to tell us how bad it is.

The one thing lacking this season is a title race. Italy and Germany have them this time around, but both have been dominated by a single side for 7-8 years so it’s about time really. Spain might get a new winner but it’s still going to be one of the two sides who always take the title. No other major league has a more interesting competition to qualify for Europe than the Premier League this season and none have as open a relegation scrap either.

There’s a lot to criticise about the Premier League. I’m a big detractor, generally. But I suspect there would be no conversation about the quality of the division if the teams challenging for Champions’ League spots were Man Utd and Arsenal rather than Leicester and Sheff Utd.

The idea that the Premier League is shit this season appears to have come about because most of the big clubs are underperforming. **** ‘em.

We’re about to to see a side win their first title in thirty years. The competition from 4th to 19th is wide open. All English sides are through to the knock out stages of European competition and, last season, all four European finalists were from the Premier League.

Sky and co spent years wanking on about the Premier League being the best in the world when La Liga (and even the Bundesliga, fleetingly) was streets ahead and now the evidence points to the Premier League being the strongest league in the world people are falling over themselves to tell us how bad it is.

The one thing lacking this season is a title race. Italy and Germany have them this time around, but both have been dominated by a single side for 7-8 years so it’s about time really. Spain might get a new winner but it’s still going to be one of the two sides who always take the title. No other major league has a more interesting competition to qualify for Europe than the Premier League this season and none have as open a relegation scrap either.

There’s a lot to criticise about the Premier League. I’m a big detractor, generally. But I suspect there would be no conversation about the quality of the division if the teams challenging for Champions’ League spots were Man Utd and Arsenal rather than Leicester and Sheff Utd.
Exactly. Tonight to me looked like two teams completely nullifying each other, rather than teams that weren't very good.

Brilliant post!

On reflection I think this game shows why going and getting a top class winger in the January transfer window was important.

Perez did little, as did Barnes. Both completely nullified by the lack of space. We struggled to create anything when team stop us on the wings and this was one of those games.

I wonder whether we'll see five at the back against Man city

On reflection I think this game shows why going and getting a top class winger in the January transfer window was important.

Perez did little, as did Barnes. Both completely nullified by the lack of space. We struggled to create anything when team stop us on the wings and this was one of those games.

I wonder whether we'll see five at the back against Man city

Barnes needs space to do his job most effectively. We need that magical player who can create his own space. We need a Riyad Mahrez. It's clear as day. We might even need two of them. I say take a punt on a Championship player and pull someone from French lower leagues again. Jealous to see Ziyech going to Chelsea as he's pretty much what we needed. France seems to be churning these "street footballers" out.

Fantastic post.

Man Utd, Man City, Leicester City, Chelsea and soon to be Liverpool. That's five clubs who have won the Premier League in just 8 seasons.

How many other top leagues can boast that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566