Post Match Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really poor and really annoying.

We were poor as anything for their goals but played well for the rest of the game. I still feel we are just one thing away from clicking, I just have no idea what that is.

In Pearson's previous stint as manager I remember us doggedly winning games. We were often awful to watch and route one. The style he has adopted this time round appears to be so different.

In Pearson's previous stint as manager I remember us doggedly winning games. We were often awful to watch and route one. The style he has adopted this time round appears to be so different.

I think the big difference last time was that the squad was right behind him and everybody was in it together, we just seem so disjointed now, too many factions and cliques.

not always micky - QPR away always springs to mind. superb football and a result to go with it. he wasnt able to spend as much on players that season either and hadnt inherited so many acutely overpaid players from holloway's reign.

once wolves were 2-0 up, they took their foot off the gas and we took control, especially after the break. when it mattered with the game level and 1-0 down, we were woeful. this was a performance a long way short of charlton and blackburn. that was the most disappointing aspect for me.

I really don't know how anyone can consider us to be a contender for promotion on that showing (or any of the other showings either this season).

Does anyone consider us to be contenders for promotion?

As poor a Wolves side as I've had the misfortune of seeing for some years.

There are some decent players in the starting eleven but overall today we seemed like just another average Championship team. Capable of creating and scoring goals, very capable of weak play allowing other teams to score. Nothing dynamically better than average.

When things click we could score five but then so could Ipswich, Burnley, Watford or Middlesborough. We don't look like promotion favorites but it might not take much to change to make us better. Ipswich, Burnley, Watford or Middlesborough etc etc are probably thinking the same.

Onwards and Upwards. Hopefully, one day soon.

Yes its very puzzling why he hasn't adopted an approach thatworked well the first time round.

I assumed that he needed time to get the players and systems in place - but seemingly not so.

I have no doubt now that he has lost the plot - the pattern is set we can get by much of the time at home but we are a soft touch away that ill always make enough mistakes to put the opposition in the box seat.

For once I'm at a loss to say what should be done about it. I have no faith in Pearson and no faith that anyone else would do any better in the short term.

Ridiculous management has got us to where we are now.
- No one rates de laet, Moore has a storming end to the season at right back = move moore to centre back delivering defensive inexperience.
- dyer and Marshall drift narrow most of last season, meaning too many stifled attacks and not enough by line balls for strikers to gamble on = keep n doing it.
- Beckford and Nugent start to gel = never play them together.
- sit 4 strikers on the bench and don't use 3 of them even when we miss 5 gilt edged chances and dont win a single header of note all day.

Dyer, Konchesky, De laet out for the net game.

Schmeichel,
Moore St Ledger Morgan Schlupp
Knockaert Drinkwater James Marshall
Futacs Nugent

More direct, Schlupp and Moore offering support to the wingers. Nugent, Knockaert and Marshall working off futacs - the sort of striker that we can't defend against.....

- No one rates de laet, Moore has a storming end to the season at right back = move moore to centre back delivering defensive inexperience.
- dyer and Marshall drift narrow most of last season, meaning too many stifled attacks and not enough by line balls for strikers to gamble on = keep n doing it.
- sit 4 strikers on the bench and don't use 3 of them even when we miss 5 gilt edged chances and dont win a single header of note all day.

Schmeichel,
Futacs Nugent

More direct, Schlupp and Moore offering support to the wingers. Nugent, Knockaert and Marshall working off futacs - the sort of striker that we can't defend against.....

Interesting that people still rate nugent, he was poor today and hasn't scored for ages.

Interesting that people still rate nugent, he was poor today and hasn't scored for ages.

Maybe Beckford should start sending stroppy tweets to get a game? :102:

Schmeichel,
Futacs Nugent

So you get annoyed for playing Moore, who apparently had a storming finish to the season, out of position, then want to play Schlupp there?

You get annoyed that we only used one attacker of the bench despite the fact that King was injured and Dyer was awful and both were valid substitutions?

How many times have you seen Futacs play?

We played well in the second half and didn't deserve to lose.

Poor defending cost us the game, Wolves were shit and we gifted them two chances which they took. With the possession we had and Ikeme looking unconfident we should have tested him more. Knockaert looked sharp when he came on. Brave move to leave Beckford on the bench and bring Waggy on. Nearly paid off but Waggy missed two great chances. The header which he completely missed contact with, then Knockaert putting him through.

Nugent didn't look great, Vardy didn't do much. Drinkwater looks up for it but was quilty of being wasteful. I was so sick of seeing shit shots on goal when Konchesky looked to shoot I thought "he we ****ing go again" Great goal but we need out strikers scoring and quickly.

Some good football to watch from us but we wil never set the world on fire playing like that.

Yadda yadda yadda. Pearson, we need points and fast mate _ or it's another season of rebuilding and you don't have that luxury.

Yadda yadda yadda. Pearson, we need points and fast mate _ or it's another season of rebuilding and you don't have that luxury.

Konchesky did have a bad game. Scored a screamer but he gave away too many loose passes in defence and of course he was at fault for the opener. BUT let's face it, how many of us would have given Konchesky the task of marking Ebanks-Blake on set pieces? I'd have wanted Morgan or Moore on him. I know Wolves are a big team with the lieks of Johnson and Stearman coming up but I really think this was short sighted by our coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669