Post Match Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing. End of. Possibly the most disappointing thing was Pearson's admission that it's promotion or bust and that he's asking for patience. The fact that every media article concentrates on Pearson whose managed 6 points as opposed to Stale's poor performance as a manager of favourites highlights Football's fickleness.

Fail to see how another x million spent on replacing a manager, hiring another a manager and then having a squad re-shuffle is going to solve any problems.

As for all why isn't he playing etc.? Maybe it is as simple as they are workshy feckers on the training ground. For example, going off twitter St.Ledger appears more occupied with the bright lights of London than getting his head down and winning his place.

Last edited:
Disappointing. End of. Possibly the most disappointing thing was Pearson's admission that it's promotion or bust and that he's asking for patience. The fact that every media article concentrates on Pearson whose managed 6 points as opposed to Stale's poor performance as a manager of favourites highlights Football's fickleness.

Fail to see how another x million spent on replacing a manager, hiring another a manager and then having a squad re-shuffle is going to solve any problems.

As for all why isn't he playing etc.? Maybe it is as simple as they are workshy feckers on the training ground. For example, going off twitter St.Ledger appears more occupied with the bright lights of London than getting his head down and winning his place.

And Danns seems more interested in that stupid Spitter thing he has invested in.

I don't understand the Beckford situation. It's almost a carbon copy of the Carroll situation at Liverpool except they ain't paying for him to rub paint off the bench anymore. Quality player who should either start or be moved on. Only squad member I think I'd be happy taking a place off a current Cardiff player(Helguson ideally).

Makes me think that Nige is struggling a bit.

I don't understand the Beckford situation. It's almost a carbon copy of the Carroll situation at Liverpool except they ain't paying for him to rub paint off the bench anymore. Quality player who should either start or be moved on. Only squad member I think I'd be happy taking a place off a current Cardiff player(Helguson ideally).

He's demonstrated his qualities in the past but it's fair to say he's never really hit it off here. Nine goals in 43 league appearances, most of them from the start, tells its own story. There have been highlights - notably a hat-trick against a woeful Forest side in the FA Cup last season - but he's hardly a shoe-in for a place. I'm yet to be convinced.

I perfectly understand it, he's not played particular well here.

I'm with you on this one. When Pearson first came back, he, publicly, threw his arm around Beckford's shoulders and heaped encouragement on him. It was then that he seemed to settle and start scoring (not under Sven).

This season it was Nugent who was ousted and Beckford was the partner for our new wonder boy. Within three games, Beckford is being touted for loan, to a team that we are supposedly challenging for a promotion spot.... :102:

Last edited:
I think the club is following the example of some of the fans and becoming bipolar.

He's a confidence player and struggled to start with. The fans started getting on his back which didn't help but he started scoring anyway. The fans didn't really take to him and he's never scored consistently here, so he's doing some time on the bench. For all we know, he asked to leave for first team football.

He's a confidence player and struggled to start with. The fans started getting on his back which didn't help but he started scoring anyway. The fans didn't really take to him and he's never scored consistently here, so he's doing some time on the bench. For all we know, he asked to leave for first team football.
I understand the mechanics of the situation, just can't quite understand how Nigel allowed it to happen. Maybe he's gonna be managed back into the team along the lines of Tevez. You should be so lucky.

It was his poor clearance that led to the corner for the first goal. He had plenty of time but still rushed his kick and passed it to Doyle who then brought a great save out of Schmeichel.

I'm not totally blaming Moore because Konchesky should have been tighter on Ebanks-Blake for the corner, but Moore definitely contributed to the chaos.

First goal came from a free kick

I can't wait to see the reaction on here when we lose and actually play bad too. Anyone on the outside reading this would think we've been playing like Coventry in fact we've come extremely close to winning all our away games.

I would be worrying if we had been dicked on in all of our games but it's been a hairs width in each away game and if things had gone our way we would be sitting pretty at the top with everyone saying the league is ours already.

Im not saying it is not frustrating at all but just relax and get behind the team for a change at the game because at this rate the atmosphere is going to be akin to walking on eggshells against Burnley.

Knockers and becks in for Dyer & vardy who looks very poor so far. He only seems to get praise for his work rate which is strange as other players in the same position get slated as that is supposedly all they offer.

Ok I can buy into the argument that we played well for the first 2 games, but we didn't pay well against Wolves. We had an ok 2nd half but we rarely threatened them and it took a 40 yard wonder strike to get us on the score sheet. There was no bad luck involved in this game either, Wolves were the better team. They defended better and finished better and that's why they got all 3 points.

It was his poor clearance that led to the corner for the first goal. He had plenty of time but still rushed his kick and passed it to Doyle who then brought a great save out of Schmeichel.

I'm not totally blaming Moore because Konchesky should have been tighter on Ebanks-Blake for the corner, but Moore definitely contributed to the chaos.

The former Leicester City striker Alan Young blamed Moore completely for the first goal last night on the Monday Mong Fest.

Ok I can buy into the argument that we played well for the first 2 games, but we didn't pay well against Wolves. We had an ok 2nd half but we rarely threatened them and it took a 40 yard wonder strike to get us on the score sheet. There was no bad luck involved in this game either, Wolves were the better team. They defended better and finished better and that's why they got all 3 points.

I think you saw a different game to me.

Wolves were better than we were. We were both rubbish in the first half, but they were less rubbish. And in the second half we were only able to threaten because they were in a position to sit back and invite pressure. They deserved the win. We certainly didn't.

The quicker people realise that this league is absolutely shite, the better.

You don't need to play well in every game. We did enough to beat Wolves but 2 errors cost us. Another day we could have won.

We need a settled team and a few better team decisions when away from home to grind out more results. This result is hardly the end of the world.

Well I, for one, remain cautiously optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, the manner in which we conceded two goals yesterday (and at Charlton, and at Blackburn) pissed me right off. It was schoolboy stuff from Konchesky and De Laet and Pearson has to take his share of responsibility for any set-piece weakness. In fact, I was generally livid with a lot of the carelessness that we showed yesterday.

But, in my opinion, ignoring the potential of this team and some of the football we're playing is being overly hasty and too willing to be negative. In the five (relatively tough) league games we have played, we should have won them all. I'll stop short of saying "deserved" to win them, because if you gift goals to the opposition, you don't deserve anything, but on each occassion, we have played better football and created more chances than the other team. Of course I'm aware that playing decent football is quite literally pointless if you don't get the results as well, but it at least shows that if we can iron out the defensive lapses then we have the potential to pick up points quickly.

I think the squad that we have and the way we're playing for large periods of games leaves us in the best position that we have been in for quite a few years. We have genuine creativity, we will have a real goalscoring threat when confidence and/or form returns and I like the look of our back five (notwithstanding the need for more defensive discipline from our full backs).

I'm not in any way trying to suggest that everything's great or that I like our points tally, but it's only five games into the season and it would be very hard to argue that we haven't shown promise. The results have not been good enough as yet and it is absolutely right for Pearson and the squad to come under scrutinty, but stick with it, we'll get there, just maybe slower than some on here and in the media would have expected.

Great post, lets get behind the team tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Great posy, lets get behind the team tomorrow night.

fn17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570