Post Match Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose away, we all panic. Win at home, we all calm down.

Finish 9th, sack the boss, spend a shed load, weigh down squad with expectations, repeat until bust.

Last edited:
Moore taking a bit of shit on this site. Morgan the only defender etc. I thought Moore looked very composed for the most part, first time I've really seen him play and can understand why there is interest in him. Made a few mistake but I don't think he was at fault for the goals.

I think our weakness at the moment is that our strikers are piss poor in front of goal, Nugent, Beckford, Vardy and now Waggy have all been wasteful and missed guilt edged chances that have cost us points. All 3 away games we have been the better side creating more chances.

Somehow we need to do something move either or both of the big earners on in Becks and Nugent and look to bring in a quality loaned or two Failing that I would change our set up for away games. With James and Drinkwater lining up as the holding type midfielders and Kingy being released to play a freer role breaking into the box. I would have Marshy and Knocky then playing off one of Nuge or Futacs.

Konchesky did have a bad game. Scored a screamer but he gave away too many loose passes in defence and of course he was at fault for the opener. BUT let's face it, how many of us would have given Konchesky the task of marking Ebanks-Blake on set pieces? I'd have wanted Morgan or Moore on him. I know Wolves are a big team with the lieks of Johnson and Stearman coming up but I really think this was short sighted by our coaching staff

Unless we were employing a zonal marking system.

Konchesky did have a bad game. Scored a screamer but he gave away too many loose passes in defence and of course he was at fault for the opener. BUT let's face it, how many of us would have given Konchesky the task of marking Ebanks-Blake on set pieces? I'd have wanted Morgan or Moore on him. I know Wolves are a big team with the lieks of Johnson and Stearman coming up but I really think this was short sighted by our coaching staff

It's pretty usual for central defenders to mark each other at set pieces. But it really shouldn't matter that much who marks the threats so long as they do the job properly.

Both our full backs left the eventual scorers totally unchallenged - Konchesky for the first, De Laet for the second. It was schoolboy stuff. We've allowed these situations several times this season already but mostly got away with it.

Moore taking a bit of shit on this site. Morgan the only defender etc. I thought Moore looked very composed for the most part, first time I've really seen him play and can understand why there is interest in him. Made a few mistake but I don't think he was at fault for the goals.

It was his poor clearance that led to the corner for the first goal. He had plenty of time but still rushed his kick and passed it to Doyle who then brought a great save out of Schmeichel.

I'm not totally blaming Moore because Konchesky should have been tighter on Ebanks-Blake for the corner, but Moore definitely contributed to the chaos.

I think our weakness at the moment is that our strikers are piss poor in front of goal, Nugent, Beckford, Vardy and now Waggy have all been wasteful and missed guilt edged chances that have cost us points. All 3 away games we have been the better side creating more chances.

Somehow we need to do something move either or both of the big earners on in Becks and Nugent and look to bring in a quality loaned or two Failing that I would change our set up for away games. With James and Drinkwater lining up as the holding type midfielders and Kingy being released to play a freer role breaking into the box. I would have Marshy and Knocky then playing off one of Nuge or Futacs.
}

We don't score enough so we need to get rid of the two strikers who scored 30+ goals between them last season?

Maybe we should give Beckford and Nugent the opportunity to play together and recreate the partnership they started towards the end of last season?

I think our weakness at the moment is that our strikers are piss poor in front of goal, Nugent, Beckford, Vardy and now Waggy have all been wasteful and missed guilt edged chances that have cost us points.
Do you think they feel gilty at all?

Neil Danns not on the bench? Seems Nigel is still angry with him for the Burton game. He needs to get over that. Danns should be playing I believe.

I blame Gally. Useless feckwit.

We don't need that crap player!

Admittedly Dyer was so bad he got subbed at half time, Marshall didn't put a decent cross/free kick/corner into the box all game and Knockaert consistently held onto the ball for too long and lost it, but at least they put a good shift in not like that lazy f*cker!!

Vardy = 50p feet

Worst first touch of any striker I have seen at Leicester in a very long time, managed to **** up excellent breaks at least twice yesterday by smashing the ball 20 yards up field when trying to control the ball. I hope to god he can improve that part of his game because he would be a good little player if he did.

Nugent is so quiet, took me 25 minutes to realise he was actually playing, I'm quite sure Beckford is deserving of a chance to actually get a few continuous games rather than 1 minute here and there.

RDL is a constant disaster waiting to happen defensively, his adjacent partner Konchesky is a total and utter steaming pile of animal dung so far this season, I have no idea how such a horrific decline is even possible. He's rash, flies towards wingers and misses the ball totally, allowing them to float lovely calculated balls into our box.

Bit of a shambles really, Oh and how the French lad is still not getting a start is totally bewlidering, he must be wondering what kind of a decision he's made to join this bunch of under achievers.

As I have said perviously, the club is cursed.

Poor defending, poor retention of possession, poor marking, poor finishing.

Wrong team, wrong formation, wrong application from the first whistle again.

NP keeps saying that he knows what's wrong when we lose but he doesn't correct it. He blames players mistakes which is a sure sign of a man not in control. There are numerous decisions at the moment that are bizarre and his mistakes keep being repeated. I can't see how Dyer is good enough for the bench, let alone a start. Why alienate senior pros like Beckford and Danns and then have them hanging around? Either play them or get rid.

Is De Laet better than Peltier? Not so far.

Is James worthy of keeping Danns sitting at home not even selected for the squad? I don't think so. Do we have any two men that can control the centre of midfield? I don't think so.

Is Moore good enough for the first team? He's getting there but not yet. Far too many errors today for example.

Why is Konchesky a shadow of the player he was a year ago? Maybe NP trying to replace him in the summer didn't help.

One goal from a striker in five games. And that was a gift back pass. Not good enough.

And we're such a tiny team. No physical presence of note. Easily bullied off the ball. Too pissy-passy, with no end product.

We're going nowhere and these gung ho second half consolation displays should not mask the fact that there is something very wrong with this team.

Back to back home games this week, and six point required to stop us slipping behind the pace too far. Several personnel changes are needed too. We're now piling on the pressure on our home displays and the nerves will start to show there soon. Then the wheels could properly fall off.

I can't see a happy ending with NP right now.
f*****g brilliant great thread spot on

I can't wait to see the reaction on here when we lose and actually play bad too. Anyone on the outside reading this would think we've been playing like Coventry in fact we've come extremely close to winning all our away games.

I would be worrying if we had been dicked on in all of our games but it's been a hairs width in each away game and if things had gone our way we would be sitting pretty at the top with everyone saying the league is ours already.

Im not saying it is not frustrating at all but just relax and get behind the team for a change at the game because at this rate the atmosphere is going to be akin to walking on eggshells against Burnley.

Knockers and becks in for Dyer & vardy who looks very poor so far. He only seems to get praise for his work rate which is strange as other players in the same position get slated as that is supposedly all they offer.

Well I, for one, remain cautiously optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, the manner in which we conceded two goals yesterday (and at Charlton, and at Blackburn) pissed me right off. It was schoolboy stuff from Konchesky and De Laet and Pearson has to take his share of responsibility for any set-piece weakness. In fact, I was generally livid with a lot of the carelessness that we showed yesterday.

But, in my opinion, ignoring the potential of this team and some of the football we're playing is being overly hasty and too willing to be negative. In the five (relatively tough) league games we have played, we should have won them all. I'll stop short of saying "deserved" to win them, because if you gift goals to the opposition, you don't deserve anything, but on each occassion, we have played better football and created more chances than the other team. Of course I'm aware that playing decent football is quite literally pointless if you don't get the results as well, but it at least shows that if we can iron out the defensive lapses then we have the potential to pick up points quickly.

I think the squad that we have and the way we're playing for large periods of games leaves us in the best position that we have been in for quite a few years. We have genuine creativity, we will have a real goalscoring threat when confidence and/or form returns and I like the look of our back five (notwithstanding the need for more defensive discipline from our full backs).

I'm not in any way trying to suggest that everything's great or that I like our points tally, but it's only five games into the season and it would be very hard to argue that we haven't shown promise. The results have not been good enough as yet and it is absolutely right for Pearson and the squad to come under scrutinty, but stick with it, we'll get there, just maybe slower than some on here and in the media would have expected.

Don't get me wrong, the manner in which we conceded two goals yesterday (and at Charlton, and at Blackburn) pissed me right off. It was schoolboy stuff from Konchesky and De Laet and Pearson has to take his share of responsibility for any set-piece weakness. In fact, I was generally livid with a lot of the carelessness that we showed yesterday.

But, in my opinion, ignoring the potential of this team and some of the football we're playing is being overly hasty and too willing to be negative. In the five (relatively tough) league games we have played, we should have won them all. I'll stop short of saying "deserved" to win them, because if you gift goals to the opposition, you don't deserve anything, but on each occassion, we have played better football and created more chances than the other team. Of course I'm aware that playing decent football is quite literally pointless if you don't get the results as well, but it at least shows that if we can iron out the defensive lapses then we have the potential to pick up points quickly.

I think the squad that we have and the way we're playing for large periods of games leaves us in the best position that we have been in for quite a few years. We have genuine creativity, we will have a real goalscoring threat when confidence and/or form returns and I like the look of our back five (notwithstanding the need for more defensive discipline from our full backs).

I'm not in any way trying to suggest that everything's great or that I like our points tally, but it's only five games into the season and it would be very hard to argue that we haven't shown promise. The results have not been good enough as yet and it is absolutely right for Pearson and the squad to come under scrutinty, but stick with it, we'll get there, just maybe slower than some on here and in the media would have expected.

This just about sums up everything I'm thinking at the moment. Going forward, despite missing obscene amounts of opportunities so far this season, there is plenty of promise. If only Dyer was cast aside for Knockaert we might have a little bit more to get excited about. Sadly though, none of our strikers have done much to suggest they deserve a regular place. I do, however, think Vardy should be persisted with.

Defensively we are a shambles at set-pieces and have been for far too long. Moore has done OK at the start of the season but he isn't quite ready for me yet. How we fix it I don't know but if we don't, Pearson will more than likely be shown the door early in the season and we'll be getting even more familiar with this division.

It's been a frustrating start but at least there is cause for genuine optimism. We've dominated each game this season (at least in parts) without fruition and I think there is a lot to be said for that.

:038:

I'm completely on board with everything you've said there. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566