Pre Match Wolves v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Hopefully all the players will return back fully fit. Although NP prefers to name an unchanged team following a good performance i think RDL and Whitbread may get into the starting 11 and Wellens on the bench.
Normally id say a draw from this fixture would be a good result but im hoping the momentum built up from the recent decent performances and the Blackpool win will spur us on to victory, im predicting 1-2 Vardy Marshall

Never a happy hunting ground for us here, best moment at Mollineux has to be Benjy scoring a penalty much to everyone's surprise but even then I still don't think we won so I'd be happy to come away from here with a point.

Agree with RDL coming back in if fit but don't see any reason why Moore should be dropped as he hasn't really done anything wrong for us this year and will only develop more by playing. Whitbread looked good against Burton until a monumental ****-up that would get laughed at on your local park so would personally stick with Moore.

Perhaps see Knockhaert come in for Dyer as he should be fully fit now but as it's a tough match, Pearson may go for a more solid, defensive set-up so who knows. Knockhaert defintely the long term replacement for Dyer though once fit.

Never a happy hunting ground for us here, best moment at Mollineux has to be Benjy scoring a penalty much to everyone's surprise but even then I still don't think we won so I'd be happy to come away from here with a point.

Agree with RDL coming back in if fit but don't see any reason why Moore should be dropped as he hasn't really done anything wrong for us this year and will only develop more by playing. Whitbread looked good against Burton until a monumental ****-up that would get laughed at on your local park so would personally stick with Moore.

Perhaps see Knockhaert come in for Dyer as he should be fully fit now but as it's a tough match, Pearson may go for a more solid, defensive set-up so who knows. Knockhaert defintely the long term replacement for Dyer though once fit.

A solid, defensive line up and playing Dyer are mutually exclusive events.

Same starting 11 if all fit.
Same result as early 80's please? 3 - 0 at their place and 5 - 0 at ours

We've only lost one of our last 8 league games there - the infamous 4-3 in the Prem.

And we've only won one in the last 15yrs.

Stats can easily be distorted one way or another :)

And we've only won one in the last 15yrs.

Stats can easily be distorted one way or another :)

Not many of our players were in the Leicester team fifteen years ago.

I think people read too much into these past results. Morgan may or may not be slightly affected by some game he played for Forest at Wolves; he is not going to be affected by how Elliot or Taggart played years ago.

I wont try and predict the team since I have not seen anywhere near enough of Whitbread to judge him. Also I have a gut feeling that we have not seen the best of Matty James and he may come into the side.

Certainly I would like to see De Laet back as I thought he was one of the few players who did well against Burton.

We'll win 2-1, Levi Porter with a late winner.

The fact that Wellens has recovered from injury leads me to believe that he could find his way into the 18. Whether he should be or not remains a matter for debate.

mass debate? There we go getting all sexual again.

If our game against them was anything to go by, you need as much pace in your side as you can muster. They're a big side, but a big turning circle too. If you can avoid being bullied in midfield, and not get out muscled by Eubanks-Blake at the back, you should be able to run rings around them.

good post Rydal, maybe the first time my fear of being "out-muscled in midfield" is tested (hopefully Henry wont play)

Not many of our players were in the Leicester team fifteen years ago.

I think people read too much into these past results. Morgan may or may not be slightly affected by some game he played for Forest at Wolves; he is not going to be affected by how Elliot or Taggart played years ago.

I wont try and predict the team since I have not seen anywhere near enough of Whitbread to judge him. Also I have a gut feeling that we have not seen the best of Matty James and he may come into the side.

Certainly I would like to see De Laet back as I thought he was one of the few players who did well against Burton.

I'm sorry David, there are definately grounds and geographical areas (london) where we generally don't get anything (Forest away), these are determined over a number of years and they tend to hang around like a fart in a swimsuit.

I'm sorry David, there are definately grounds and geographical areas (london) where we generally don't get anything (Forest away), these are determined over a number of years and they tend to hang around like a fart in a swimsuit.

It's a basic misunderstanding of statistics to think that a sequence like that has any real meaning, and that it will continue.

When there are so many teams we play, there's always likely to be teams we have good records against, and teams we have bad records against. That's the way things work. It would be statistically unlikely for it to be any other way. But the past record doesn't have any bearing on what will happen in the future.

It's a basic misunderstanding of statistics to think that a sequence like that has any real meaning, and that it will continue.

When there are so many teams we play, there's always likely to be teams we have good records against, and teams we have bad records against. That's the way things work. It would be statistically unlikely for it to be any other way. But the past record doesn't have any bearing on what will happen in the future.

Almost like a mutually exclusive event, you say, Jeff?

I believe Leicester only won one game south of Leicester last season, It could be total shite but I don't care enough to bother looking.

It could have played on the players minds a tad, doubt it though.

i believe we should play the same starting 11 as Blackpool with the exception of Knockaert in for Dyer on the Left - the lad has just got too much quality vs Dyer's random pinball approach in the penalty area and his aversion to picking out a player with a cross. Nugent and Vardy continue up front with Beckford, Futacs, Dyer, Schlupp, James, Whitbread as strong back up on the bench.

1-4 Leicester: Knockaert, Vardy x 2, Nugent.....

well, one can dream

BANG.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572