Pre Match Wolves v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win tomorrow could put us 6th. I know it's early days but if we can get in there early it should give the confidence a real boost.

A win tomorrow could put us 6th. I know it's early days but if we can get in there early it should give the confidence a real boost.

Wolves look a poor side to me. They've lost their best players, have a new manager that will take some time to adjust to English football and they're used to losing.

Our loss at Charlton looks the poorest result this season to date. They've not really done anything other than beat us. We could really do with an away win tomorrow to kick start a challenge.

If we stay solid defensively and go in front, the crowd will turn on them and we could have a really good day. Yet again, I'm hoping we play a more solid formation to allow us to boss possession in the first half. Danns in for Dyer would be my only change with De Laet starting as he was originally selected to do against Blackpool (4-3-1-2).

Out of interest, why Danns? He's not a winger and hasn't really done a great deal to justify selection ahead of a more natural option like Knockaert.

Out of interest, why Danns? He's not a winger and hasn't really done a great deal to justify selection ahead of a more natural option like Knockaert.

I imagine he means play with one wide man and have him move across in front of a midfield 3. We played like that a few times before with Oakley in the 3.

Sounds like they should beat us then.

This game has a lot of similarities with this time last year when we went to Birmingham. Expecting us to win then, in front of the TV cameras, it turned out to be a season defining moment with a sending off, a loss despite being the better team and the manager being sacked not long afterwards.

Let's hope for a win!

The sort of game we have lost in recent seasons, lets hope for a good performance and convincing win then bring on Burnley and Hull. We need back to back wins early in the season which we have failed to do in recent seasons to give us a bit of confidence and a good foundation.

I think Danns is exactly the sort of player we need this season. I'm very surprised at his absence, especially as he appears to be behind James in the pecking order who has been dreadful in each of his appearances.

I'd play three in midfield with Marshall in behind the strikers away from home. Two wingers away is suicidal this season, because we're not strong enough, as we've proved twice already. Playing two wingers away from home is very un-NP like. I hope he abandons it otherwise it is likely to hasten his demise as our manager.

I think Danns is exactly the sort of player we need this season. I'm very surprised at his absence, especially as he appears to be behind James in the pecking order who has been dreadful in each of his appearances.

I'd play three in midfield with Marshall in behind the strikers away from home. Two wingers away is suicidal this season, because we're not strong enough, as we've proved twice already. Playing two wingers away from home is very un-NP like. I hope he abandons it otherwise it is likely to hasten his demise as our manager.

Completely agree.

I felt the Blackpool game was very important since a 4th loss especially after Burton might cause the Thais to overreact. This is an ordinary game - important to win but no more so than any other away game.

I felt the Blackpool game was very important since a 4th loss especially after Burton might cause the Thais to overreact. This is an ordinary game - important to win but no more so than any other away game.

I knew you had it in you! A short and meaningful post. Agreed!

I knew you had it in you! A short and meaningful post. Agreed!

Disagree completely! We need to start winning away games if we are to get into the top six. Wolves are there for the taking and to say this is an ordinary game is quite extraordinary.

Koren scores opening goal.Wonder if you will have a positive goal difference Sun. pm.
Adventure not a strong suit for Nige
Could be last stand for the big fella on a week today.
Koren scores opening goal.Wonder if you will have a positive goal difference Sun. pm.
Adventure not a strong suit for Nige
Could be last stand for the big fella on a week today.
Wooooo! Rumspringa!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572