x factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever won it will vanish within a year just like the last 3 winners have.The show has had its day IMO.

You have now just confirmed to me the extent of your knowledge of rock music.

AC/DC haven't got by for the last 26 years by having a shit singer

You aren't honestly telling me those guys can sing? Come on.. AC DC have some great songs.. but their frontman is hardly a 'singer' - he is a frontman, IMO there is a difference.

Christ, if for some ridiculous reason he should enter a singing contest he would probably be one of the first to go.. :lol:

I think Leona is superb, brilliant voice and seems a nice girl with it too, good luck to her.

Not my kind of thing at all but she has a talent.

You aren't honestly telling me those guys can sing? Come on.. AC DC have some great songs.. but their frontman is hardly a 'singer' - he is a frontman, IMO there is a difference.

Christ, if for some ridiculous reason he should enter a singing contest he would probably be one of the first to go.. :lol:
You've seen them live though haven't you?

tis true of many bands, Oasis, Stone Roses....

Wrong quote on the post above.

Last edited:
You've seen them live though haven't you?

alas no...

but that doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a singer and a frontman :102:

Christ, all I was trying to point out was that it takes more than a decent singer to create a song that will sell well, it takes a decent song primarily..

and yes the same can be said for bands like Oasis - not great singers as such, but still wrote some really good songs.

alas no...

but that doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a singer and a frontman :102:

Christ, all I was trying to point out was that it takes more than a decent singer to create a song that will sell well, it takes a decent song primarily..

and yes the same can be said for bands like Oasis - not great singers as such, but still wrote some really good songs.
Frontmen and performers will sell more records and tour tickets than any singer will ever do.

To sing any song, you need to be able to keep to a tune. I can guarantee that if 90% of people were to sing an AC/DC song they'd do it out of tune, proving BJ is a good singer and a brilliant frontman

Frontmen and performers will sell more records and tour tickets than any singer will ever do.

To sing any song, you need to be able to keep to a tune. I can guarantee that if 90% of people were to sing an AC/DC song they'd do it out of tune, proving BJ is a good singer and a brilliant frontman

They often will, because they are better entertainers.

Regarding people immitating AC/DC, that really just proves that the person attempting the cover is crap if they cant keep it in tune :102:, anyone doing vocals in the music industry should be expected to be able to hold a tune..

to me AC/DC are more about shouting than singing...

Never watched any of it thankfully. If the 2 finalists walked past me in the street i wouldn't recognise:102: . Bring back 'new faces' and ' opportunity knocks' i say:icon_roll

Without question. I only usually watch the idiot rounds, but he got me watching it all the way through

He was brilliant IMO, his voice reminded me a lot like Bryan Adams. I still think he will get signed up, his talent is far too good to be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669