25 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine the thought process of someone who thought James would be a better choice than King.

It probably makes no difference anyway.

If King had been included in the squad instead of James he's likely to be sixth choice central midfielder behind Ndidi, Mendy, Iborra, Silva and Choudhury.

The best chance King/James have of playing is in the cups, and they don't have to be in the 25 man squad for that.

It probably makes no difference anyway.

If King had been included in the squad instead of James he's likely to be sixth choice central midfielder behind Ndidi, Mendy, Iborra, Silva and Choudhury.

The best chance King/James have of playing is in the cups, and they don't have to be in the 25 man squad for that.
This is true enough, the closest either of them would get to the team would likely be in the event of a huge injury crisis or massive dip in form from at least four of these. James just seems like a waste of a place.

Could Andy King get a non-playing role at City or is he most likely to want to be playing somewhere. After all, he's hardly ever injured - unlike some.

Could Andy King get a non-playing role at City or is he most likely to want to be playing somewhere. After all, he's hardly ever injured - unlike some.
He's not even 30 yet, I would imagine he'll want to play for a few more years.

I just can't imagine the thought process of someone who thought James would be a better choice than King. Fifteen competitive games for us in the last three seasons, and 18 for Barnsley. Absolutely mindblowing decision.

I am not King's biggest advocate for a place in our Premier League squad, but that decision is just plain ****ing stupid

Whoever made that choice is a complete and utter cock

Never mind that. I’m just about to start our draft for Fantasy NFL. Much more important squad choices to be made.

I just can't imagine the thought process of someone who thought James would be a better choice than King. Fifteen competitive games for us in the last three seasons, and 21 for Barnsley. Absolutely mindblowing decision.
I can only imagine that someone is trying to justify the ludicrous contract given out to James. I've nothing against the guy, in fact I think he's a lovely player to watch and has a fab temperament but King has been a reliable, tidy player for us for a very long time and he's been treated appallingly.

Could understand the inclusion of James if he was a superb player with injury problems. He's not superb though, reliably meh really. King can at least get on the field so I can echo what's already been said....shambles it is.

Whilst I do agree that the choice of James over King is poor, in reality neither would play.

The chance of James playing before January is zero. Likewise King. They're both way too far from the team, even if fully fit.

I'd have picked Elder over James rather than King. He's much more likely to be required.

I'd have picked Elder over James rather than King. He's much more likely to be required.

It's odd that Elder is still at the club. He probably doesn't have a future with us, so it would have made sense to send him out on loan, or allow him to leave on a free (even if we had to pay off the final year of his contract). It's doing him no good playing under 23s football at his age when he has no chance of playing his way into first team contention.

I'm sure I read that Wigan didn't want him on loan again this season, so presumably they don't think he's Championship standard.

Elder was second choice left back at Wigan in League One last season. The only reason he played as much as he did for them was due to Reece James having injury problems. I think you can guess who Reece's brother is...

The only reason he played as much as he did for them was due to Reece James having injury problems. I think you can guess who Reece's brother is...

Elvis Hammond?

It's odd that Elder is still at the club. He probably doesn't have a future with us, so it would have made sense to send him out on loan, or allow him to leave on a free (even if we had to pay off the final year of his contract). It's doing him no good playing under 23s football at his age when he has no chance of playing his way into first team contention.

I'm sure I read that Wigan didn't want him on loan again this season, so presumably they don't think he's Championship standard.

Elder was second choice left back at Wigan in League One last season. The only reason he played as much as he did for them was due to Reece James having injury problems. I think you can guess who Reece's brother is...

The Wigan manager spoke very highly of him and indicated that he wanted to keep him. He played almost 30 games for them, including plenty after James got fit again.

Other Championship clubs were linked over the summer too, especially Bolton.

I thought he looked very useful in preseason and it would be sensible to have another naturally left sided player.

He's on his final year of his contract so I guess he'll be on his way at some point soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566