9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
we remember you
I don't, I was lucky enough not to have known anybody to remember.

As for the "war on terror", that's just marketing nonsense aimed at voters. People have been using violence to get what they wanted since day one, and it will continue until we're all gone.

as Peter Ustinov said "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich"

i was deeply upset when the planes hit...

i knew it would guarantee Bush a second term in the same way The Falklands kept Maggie in

I remember the exact day... I was at home, don't really remember why I was off school. I had my cheese sandwich and crisps ready to watch Neighbours, I switched BBC 1 on after 1pm or whatever it was and BANG breaking news... That's what I remember and what I was doing when it happened, or atleast when i found out it happened

I was in work, my wife mentioned it to me, and like most of the country who were sat in an office couldn't access any of the major news websites due to the web traffic. Left work early and saw it for the first time on a big screen in Dempseys pub in Cardiff.

I was skiving Biology in the common room when I was expecting to chill down and watch neighbours and Dr Sloan, was rather shocked by what I saw instead.

Good to hear Bush's speech being smug and justifying going to war, the cock that he is....today should have been remembering the dead and that is all. ****s me off hearing it being called 9/11 though, as much as it is commercially good sounding, its feckin irritating.

I also remember coming home from a snooker match on the night of Sept 11th (which I remember we lost 5-0!) and there were rumours they had already starting bombing Kabul, but it was the usual internal strife in Afrghanistan

I remember my mate had a fight on the school bus that day! i got off the bus went to the shop and saw it on the tv in there came home and watched sky news all night.

I was out from work for a midday break and first heard the news on the car-radio. When I returned to work and told people about it, nobody believed me - one even suggesting that I had a sick mind to even say such a thing.

Put the TV on in my work-flat and suddenly there were 20 or more people behind me watching it all unfold. Horrific!

I remember them saying on TV that this was an event which would change the whole world. I remember wondering for how much longer there would even be a world. On reflection, I'm surprised how little things have changed.

I remember them saying on TV that this was an event which would change the whole world. I remember wondering for how much longer there would even be a world. On reflection, I'm surprised how little things have changed.

Agree with those sentiments totally Boc.

I was working on some really dull transport statistics the next morning with newspapers on my desk showing America being attacked, and my work felt really irrelevant.

I'd just started my last year at secondary school, I remember hearing about it at dinner time.
There was a large asian population at my school and as you can imagine some dumb kids were creating tension with them.

I doubt anybody in Afghanistan or Iraq would agree with that and I take it you don't fly very often?

I understand what you say about the people of Afghanistan and of Iraq - but there have always been such conflicts somewhere in the world, so there is little change.

No, I don't fly very often. But I count as minor the inconveniences to passengers, compared with what might have been expected at that time. I would even suggest that the much more recent changes regarding the carrying of liquids in hand-luggage have had a far greater effect on airline passengers.

As we watched those planes slam into the buildings, I think everybody wondered where it was all going to end - for the vast majority of us have settled down to exactly the life we were having before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669