A Message from The Chairman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The consortium could probably have filled the gap without heading down to the 3rd tier, sacking hundreds of managers, signing loads of dud players off youtube, generally spouting cr*p and being the most embarrasing owner city has ever had.

Let him destroy another club, he's good at it.

I don't think he destroyed our club but I suppose it's all about opinions.

I don't think he destroyed our club but I suppose it's all about opinions.

I didn't say he destroyed our club but he had the potential to if he stayed and he's doing a fine job in Sheffield.

I've heard bad things about making friends with strangers via the internet! :icon_lol:

It wasn't an invitation, I was just stating that the potential now exists.

It depends on further items of importance. For example, how far will you take this campaign? Are you prepared to get naked?

I have a sexy protest in the planning but only committed souls sans clothes are welcome.

Obviously, we are going to have to gloss over the fact that this kind of post simply reaffirms all the previous advice you've been given.

To me MM took the club forward, he made it marketable and attractive enough for owners like these to be interested. If MM didnt buy the club I think we were heading to relegation regardless, the difference would have been we would have spent less money in the process however MM did increase turnover. I noticed our annual losses of about 7 million per season when MM joined remained around the same on average (excluding one worser season, relegation). So turnover must have gone up as we were spending more under MM on wages. The consurtium had 2 years of parachute money, when that dried up it was evident they were in trouble. MM has his flaws but I believe he took the club forward. We defenitly wouldnt have had a playoff season under the consurtium for sure. Not necessarily to do with money and expenditure but more that MM breathed a ambition for success and spread it around the club, whilst I felt before that there was none at all it was just about survival. I dont see anything wrong with sacking managers who dont perform either. The only one I found questionable was allen, megson chose to leave, I agreed with both sousa and holloway sackings.

It wasn't an invitation, I was just stating that the potential now exists.

It depends on further items of importance. For example, how far will you take this campaign? Are you prepared to get naked?

I have a sexy protest in the planning but only committed souls sans clothes are welcome.

Obviously, we are going to have to gloss over the fact that this kind of post simply reaffirms all the previous advice you've been given.

Sounds like a deal could be in the offing... You put forward a very attractive proposition.

Before I commit to anything though, I will have to get myself an agent, whore myself around in the press and see if I can get a better offer elsewhere.

The last paragraphs were really optimistic, but he's got to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. We've got a Thai message with an happy ending, now it's time to turn this shower of shite into a golden one.

The last paragraphs were really optimistic, but he's got to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. We've got a Thai message with an happy ending, now it's time to turn this shower of shite into a golden one.

I don't know whether I've read your post correctly Swede. Are you saying you'd like a golden shower?

I don't know whether I've read your post correctly Swede. Are you saying you'd like a golden shower?

It just feels like previous chairmen seemed to think it would somehow come automatically after the initial investment while most people know you have pay extra for it.

It just feels like previous chairmen seemed to think it would somehow come automatically after the initial investment while most people know you have pay extra for it.

I can't work out whether to whoosh you or not :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670