A Message from The Chairman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2410525,00.html

Firstly, I would like to begin by thanking you all, our great supporters, for the loyalty you have shown over the summer. So many of you have purchased season-tickets and over 6000 of you will roar on the team against Coventry City tomorrow.
I also want to thank you for your support at the Real Madrid game. We wanted to arrange this game for the supporters, as a thank you, and to sell every ticket in the stadium helped to create a very memorable day for us all.
With such an incredible endorsement from you, our focus turns to the future and to ensuring that we deliver on our objectives this season.
0,,10274~9859566,00.jpg

Our target remains the same; to reach the Premier League. However, the difference this season is that we will focus upon everything at the Club, not just the players.
We have made a considerable investment in the renovation of the stadium and pitch, the training ground and the new Fanstore. The improvements are now there for everyone to see. Leicester City Football Club is moving forward and we will leave no stone unturned in our quest for excellence on and off the field of play.
We believe in the future of this great Club, which is evident through our successful academy. With that in mind, the training ground investment will ensure that our academy continues to produce quality players for the future of Leicester City.
On the field, I believe in the players that already exist at the Club and have seen their confidence rise since new players have been acquired over the summer. We have, of course, brought those players in so that we can reach the Premier League sooner rather than later.
Our world-class manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson is assembling a strong squad, with depth in every position and we now have more balance and experience within the dressing room.
I have been asked why I have invested so much in to Leicester City. It is an easy answer for me to give. I am doing this because of the response I have seen from the Leicester City supporters. When I see the faces of our supporters and I see them happy, I know why I am involved. The fans have given me greater confidence and faith and I aim to repay that with success.
0,,10274~9859567,00.jpg

We will not invest unless there is a worthwhile purpose. It is clear that certain clubs have attempted to hold Leicester City to ransom over players and we will not allow that. Every decision that we face, we will consider the value and we will make the investment to benefit the Club and our supporters. They will be our primary considerations.
Looking back over the summer, I wish to give mention to the games I watched in Sweden and Austria during the pre-season tour. I was both surprised and delighted to see that many supporters had driven and flown from the UK to follow the team. It made me think that if they can show this determination and always follow their team, then how can I not invest more to keep them satisfied?
I want to make these following principles very clear. I will fight for the Leicester City fans. I will support the players and the management on their behalf and I promise that I will never let Leicester City, or our supporters down. I will help to make the Leicestershire public proud of their Football Club and I remain committed to the Club and the supporters for the long-term future.
There is something special ahead for us, I can feel this. There is hard work to follow, but there is glory to be realised. Now is the time for us to make this happen.
Thank you for reading and thank you for your support. Enjoy the season.

Last edited:
Years of being fed utter tripe from lying Chairmen/owners/Chief Execs etc. make me want to tear that apart - the Mandaric era in particular makes you disbelieve anything and everything that the club says

For some reason, however, this time I actually take this is being wholly sincere. 'tis lovely stuff

Perhaps he's caught me on a rare good day

No news on the cold seats, though, which is a tad disappointing...

Years of being fed utter tripe from lying Chairmen/owners/Chief Execs etc. make me want to tear that apart - the Mandaric era in particular makes you disbelieve anything and everything that the club says

For some reason, however, this time I actually take this is being wholly sincere. 'tis lovely stuff

Perhaps he's caught me on a rare good day

No news on the cold seats, though, which is a tad disappointing...

I know what you mean, but I'm buying into it hook, line and sinker. Hazz will be along to ruin it soon though :(

i feel like i want to go into battle having read that.
COME ON LEICESTER!!!

A refreshing willingness to talk to supporters and what would appear, genuine feeling for the club

Old Joe Sim has drafted a perfect statement for our chairman to take the credit for ....

I know what you mean, but I'm buying into it hook, line and sinker. Hazz will be along to ruin it soon though :(

"I have been asked why I have invested so much in to Leicester City. It is an easy answer for me to give. I am doing this because of the response I have seen from the Leicester City supporters. When I see the faces of our supporters and I see them happy, I know why I am involved."

Sorry, but this statement makes me want to eat my own vomit.

Should we not pass some thanks uncle Milan's way?

He always said that he would leave LCFC in a far better state (couldn't have been much worse!) than when he acquired us. On the face of it, so far he has been true to his word.

:thumbs_up

He always said that he would leave LCFC in a far better state (couldn't have been much worse!) than when he acquired us. On the face of it, so far he has been true to his word.

Errr No.

No, Milan left the club where he found it after taking it to it's lowest league position ever. If he'd stayed any longer we'd have been in the same trouble he got us out of by buying the club.

Milan filled a gap between the potless and clueless consortium that got us out of admin and a real owner.

He didn't leave the club in a better state at all, a worse one if anything. Just that the owners who came in afterwards are awesome.

It's a bit like saying Paulo Sousa should be praised for the job he did at Swansea because of how well Brendan Rodgers did following him.

God, that gave me a bit of wet eye. How pathetic. And I'm cynical ****.

Still, will be a nice motivational read for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566