Speculation Abe leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer has tweeted:

I understand Yuki Abe has left #lcfc and returned to Japan to rejoin Urawa Reds. Speculation Prem clubs were interested, Everton 1 mentioned

Well Mr Stringer I can confirm you are talking utter tripe as me and my friends saw Yuki in highcross today.. of course that doesn't mean he isn't going at some point..

Last edited:
Japanese press now confirming this as a done deal. Agreed with City reached on Friday night.
No official comment from Urawa yet, but they have cleared the way for him to play in the number 22 shirt.

I'm struggling to keep up with all these players moving. Am I right in saying, so far Ball, Moreno, Fernandes, Weale (loan) and Abe (possibly) have been moved on by Pearson? Have I missed anyone?

Others can fool themselves all they like but, Abe & Fernandes out, Drinkwater in; the possibility of Wes Morgan,a failed attempt to sign Billy Sharp and David Cotterill on a free - unless NP has something spectacular up his sleeve, we are building a team to maintain our current position, not press for promotion this season, or next!

Unless there are very good non-footballing reasons, to 'lose' Abe & Fernandes is a big mistake, IMHO.

Others can fool themselves all they like but, Abe & Fernandes out, Drinkwater in; the possibility of Wes Morgan,a failed attempt to sign Billy Sharp and David Cotterill on a free - unless NP has something spectacular up his sleeve, we are building a team to maintain our current position, not press for promotion this season, or next!

Have we failed with Cotterill then? I wasn't aware we'd made a firm offer?

Unless there are very good non-footballing reasons, to 'lose' Abe & Fernandes is a big mistake, IMHO.

I disagree.

It sounded like Fernandes clearly didn't want to be here without Sven, was on high wages and imo was no better than anyone we've been playing anyway.

Abe is a bigger loss, but again it sounds like he was struggling to adjust here. And in exchange for him we've got a younger, cheaper central midfielder whose signing I trust NP regarding.

Our squad is way too large in respect of finances and keeping everyone happy, and large changes are needed across the board.

The whole set up needed a reality check anyway and some of the necessary measures were bound to be a bit painful. Abe is a useful and popular player but he isn't going to be a make or break contribution player. At 30 he needs to be playing regular first team football.

Pearson is going to make signings that are more in keeping with building a squad within a budget and will in any case be limited by the fact that players aren't that necesarily keen to join a mid table Championship outfit. To me that's preferable to paying out ridiculous money for players who are no better than average but have an unrealistic view of their own importance.

Have we failed with Cotterill then? I wasn't aware we'd made a firm offer?

Sorry, that was just a badly worded sentence. I am not aware of any specific offer to the player. I was merely attempting to state that Cotterill was another potential signing that failed to excite.

Sorry, that was just a badly worded sentence. I am not aware of any specific offer to the player. I was merely attempting to state that Cotterill was another potential signing that failed to excite.

The problem with that sentiment though is that the players we signed in the summer, who generally did excite, haven't done very well thus far.

The problem with that sentiment though is that the players we signed in the summer, who generally did excite, haven't done very well thus far.

Whilst it is clear that we were not the finished article, I felt that we were making progress. It seems a strange argument to say that, if players with potential don't achieve immediate success, then purchase ones without potential!

Whilst it is clear that we were not the finished article, I felt that we were making progress. It seems a strange argument to say that, if players with potential don't achieve immediate success, then purchase ones without potential!

I agree completely, but also think Cotterill has potential. Fans are not excited by players with potential, in general, preferring those whose names they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669