Accrington Stanley Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we won, i'm happy with the Win, but we were Woeful. Some 'interesting' tactics made by martin tonight to say the least...kenton at centre back with ngotty at right back...fryatt down the left wing...wtf! Again, Clemence kishishev and weso didnt do well, one of them has to be dropped (kish imo). Hume and dj are toosimilar to play together. On the plus side, henderson made a top class save, odhiambo looked good in the few mins he was on, and the banter with the stanley keeper was top drawer! All in all, a good evening and a good result, just a shame about the performance.

Totally agree. Last nights performance was as bad as anything served up in the last three seasons, and I have had the mis fortune to have attended most of them.
I was baffled by MA's team selection. Bring in a right back and play him at centre half , then move your centre half to right back???
Playing a right footed forward on the left wing and a central midfielder down the right. Where is the sense of it??
Weso is being wasted down the right whilst Kishishev serves up absolute dross in the middle.
After buying 12 new players and having one of the largest squads in the league, how can MA not find a balanced side.

What pisses me off the most about tonights performance is that the whole game Fryatt was doing shit all on the wing (because he isn't a left winger) but we had Levi on the bench!

Best place for him IMO....

Seems you have a downer on the lad.The team was so disjointed by using players out of position it needed something to try and balance the side. MF tried hard but cut inside everytime he got he ball at least LP would have tried to go outside the defender to the byline.

Seems you have a downer on the lad.The team was so disjointed by using players out of position it needed something to try and balance the side. MF tried hard but cut inside everytime he got he ball at least LP would have tried to go outside the defender to the byline.

No I dont have a downer on LP at all. I just get pissed off hearing of how he can somehow be an answer to our left hand side problems, which he clearly isn't

Aside from being bled way too early I think Porter will be a decent player for us.

No I dont have a downer on LP at all. I just get pissed off hearing of how he can somehow be an answer to our left hand side problems, which he clearly isn't

He isn't the answer to the problem, but he is still a left winger and a left footer - two thing MF is certinally not.

The goal hasnt appeared on SSN (although J FH interview and fans chat pre game has), its was not on EM News neither., anyone got a clip?

The goal hasnt appeared on SSN (although J FH interview and fans chat pre game has), its was not on EM News neither., anyone got a clip?

It was on SSN this morning a couple of times as well as an interview with MA.

I dont see how you expect the team to start performing instantly like a Rolls Royce when its only the 2nd competitive game they have played. With all due respect Man City have spent millions more than us on players, and have probaly purchased far better quality than what we have. I'm sure most of your frustration can be linked to 3 or more years of abject failure, and the teasing thought that we might just have an opportunity to start moving forward. Given this opportunity, it appears that some people on here are more impatient than ever and think that because we have spent money that everything will automatically fall in to place. Lets face it we hardly look promotion material with the 11 signings so far purchased. Of those 11 how many will definately be good acquisitions, imo i'm only confident about 3 and the rest are just of a standard that we already have. I respect your opinion BF, and for a person who travels around following our team like i used to, then your in a better position to vent your disappointment than me. Just to say though that i 'm trying to be realistic and believe that good times are closer than you think, after all it is early days

I've calmed down since I posted that!:biggrin:
I trying to believe that things are going to get better, because the alternative is something I don't want to think about!
and yes, perhaps 3 years of following a passionless team around the country has probably got me more down than I'df like to admit.

But that doesn't stop me not being impressed by what I've seen in the two games so far....

First post since the game last night, im going to give you a detailed match report so you can get a real feel for how we played and shaped up.

We were utter crap!!

Think that sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673