Adams on sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
if we lose on sunday i think the majority of fans will want him out.......

Thats because the majority of fans, like the majority of the population are idiots.

Cheer him and our ex-players to the rafters - until that whistle blows.

To take us into the Premiership from administration was an outstanding achievement and just because he lost the plot later on does not make him a bad guy. Look at David Moyes at Everton - Hero to Zero in 8 games!

I think Wise is just about the only ex-player I would boo, though Dickov comes close for jumping ship like he did.

I will definitely be cheering on all of ours. I have never seen a player yet who played better because he was booed. I must admit though I was tempted to join in the 'what a load of rubbish' at the end of Tuesday.

Why did they wait until the last 15 minutes to move up a gear and press?

And I do get very nervous when Rab Douglas moves up for the corners!

drummindefender said:
if we lose on sunday i think the majority of fans will want him out.......

... and, of course, the majority of fans know exactly who to get in to replace him and what the new manager has to do to get promotion this season and that Hume and Hammond are better than MdV and we want the PHG back and we should not have let MON go and there should be no smoking on the terraces and would spend a lot more money to get in more players and would reduce the price of the balti pies etc etc

What do the majority of fans know about anything??

bocadillo said:
... and, of course, the majority of fans know exactly who to get in to replace him and what the new manager has to do to get promotion this season and that Hume and Hammond are better than MdV and we want the PHG back and we should not have let MON go and there should be no smoking on the terraces and would spend a lot more money to get in more players and would reduce the price of the balti pies etc etc

exactly Boc and that same majority will want his replacement out in a years time when we haven't won the League

I won't do anything. I personally couldn't stand the bloke and never really thought he was the man for the job, but I wouldn't boo him, that's just stupid. However, I fear the idiots won't be able to help themselves.

We must give him a cheer surely? he may not have delivered the goods towards the end but through everything he played with a straight bat, his conduct during the La Manga business was excellent and he never gave anything other than an honest interview, he worked very hard for the club, even if it brought little or no reward in terms of results. he's a good bloke, never mind the results we had in the past, that's gone now.

I suspect if you want to motivate the opposition booing him and the ex-players might just work.

Lets be grown up about it.

He oversaw the club through administration, did all he could to keep some stability when everyone was losing their jobs or jumping ship, got us promoted to the Premiership on a shoestring....

OK, so his shoestring squad had some duffs and he started to lose it a bit at then end, no surprise with the level of pressure he felt under.

Boo him? He should get a good cheer.

People are moaning about individual players because they're frustrated that the team hasn't (yet) jelled and isn't playing anything like effective football, especially at home.

It's been said time and time again but at the moment I think what people are looking for is something to latch onto to, to make us think the club is moving forward. Light at the end of the tunnel is a phrase often used on here. Especially after we enjoyed a sustained period (under Little and MON) where it really felt like the club was making real progress. However nice Dave Basset and Micky Adams are as people they did not take us foward as a football club in any shape or form. I'm sure they did what they felt was best in their own eyes but at least Craig Levein has openly stated that he has started trying to build again.

Old cliche I know but we really are like an oil tanker thats been going in the same direction for years, it going to take a hell a lot of effort to turn us around. Patience isn't something you see much of these days but now with a year in under Levein we do need to start seeing something to show us we're got someone at the helm who's capable of plotting a course for this club.

Ox Fox said:
People are moaning about individual players because they're frustrated that the team hasn't (yet) jelled and isn't playing anything like effective football, especially at home.

It's been said time and time again but at the moment I think what people are looking for is something to latch onto to, to make us think the club is moving forward. Light at the end of the tunnel is a phrase often used on here. Especially after we enjoyed a sustained period (under Little and MON) where it really felt like the club was making real progress. However nice Dave Basset and Micky Adams are as people they did not take us foward as a football club in any shape or form. I'm sure they did what they felt was best in their own eyes but at least Craig Levein has openly stated that he has started trying to build again.

Old cliche I know but we really are like an oil tanker thats been going in the same direction for years, it going to take a hell a lot of effort to turn us around. Patience isn't something you see much of these days but now with a year in under Levein we do need to start seeing something to show us we're got someone at the helm who's capable of plotting a course for this club.

Exactly.

Being realistic i would settle for spending another couple of seasons in the championship, but we do need to see us moving up (even if it is slowly) rather than down.

Feriol said:
Exactly.

Being realistic i would settle for spending another couple of seasons in the championship, but we do need to see us moving up (even if it is slowly) rather than down.

if we go any further down we wont be in the championship anymore!

The more I look at it the more I think defeat on sunday is the watershed. City fans seem to have zero respect for Mickys misfits down at Kovskum. A poor display and result, coupled with a drop in to the relegation zone or just above it will be the final straw.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
if thats the case will you be starting the levein out chants

I honestly dont know, although in truth I probably wont need to. I wonder how peoples attitudes might change on here should this happen. The 'give him all the time he needs' brigade might start to turn.

can i just say that i don't share the view of the majority of fans before people start slagging me off :eek: i don't see the point in sacking levein purely because we can't get anyone better to replace him

drummindefender said:
can i just say that i don't share the view of the majority of fans before people start slagging me off :eek: i don't see the point in sacking levein purely because we can't get anyone better to replace him

You don't know this though, it's what you are assuming. Ask yourselfs if we could get anyone worse at the minute?? At what point do we try to salvage the season and try and stay in this league??

DurhamFox said:
You don't know this though, it's what you are assuming. Ask yourselfs if we could get anyone worse at the minute?? At what point do we try to salvage the season and try and stay in this league??

After we'd paid Levein and his assistants off we wouldn't have a pot to piss in hence Dublin would be manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669