Adrien Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He comes to us, trains as normal, then on matchdays sits high in the stand where Steve Walsh (Snr.) used to be.
He can then use his experience to offer tactical advice, and will get a good idea of what his teammates can (and can't) do.

Its difficult to envisage a positive outcome, especially when FIFA are currently under pressure regarding the actual deadline date (certainly from some parties within the Premier League/FA. The easiest decision from FIFA is "rules are rules". I fear even withan appeal its likely it wouldnt be sorted till January

So it would seem to hinge on 'the documents were loading onto the server, "Click to Upload", just before midnight, but the last document did not upload until 14 seconds after midnight'.

The process was not started after midnight, but took longer than expected. It is slim grounds for appeal as FIFA will simply say " You should have started at 10pm".

You know when you did an exam at school and the invigilator would say at the end 'pens down please' but everyone would frantically scribble the rest of their answer down and it would be fine? This is a bit like that.

What about all the win bonuses
Interestingly ( or not! ) many contracts these days do not have win bonuses, players are on a basic wage with bonuses linked to cups, league position, etc, so if he's a member of the squad I guess he would be entitled to those.

If it's the case that all the documents were correctly and digitally delivered within the required time frame, then we may have a case.

So after rejecting the transfer, have FIFA been kind enough to clarify exactly which club has Adrien Silva on their books now? If he's actually a Leicester player, but not eligible to play until January then this is going to rule out a loan move but if he's still under Sporting CP then I don't see why we just can't sort out one of those 'loan with a view to perm' moves.

So after rejecting the transfer, have FIFA been kind enough to clarify exactly which club has Adrien Silva on their books now? If he's actually a Leicester player, but not eligible to play until January then this is going to rule out a loan move but if he's still under Sporting CP then I don't see why we just can't sort out one of those 'loan with a view to perm' moves.
:icon lol:

If it's the case that all the documents were correctly and digitally delivered within the required time frame, then we may have a case.

Um... but if that were the case then there'd be no need for a case???

Ah, got it now. FIFA wanted a case, we just gave them the wrong one.

I believe there is a thought that the 14-second lapse was down to the download time of the documents. If that's the case and the club can prove all contracts were delivered prior to the deadline then there is a case.

I mean…

That just means that the overseas clubs can buy our players without us having the opportunity to replace them. Farcical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566