All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad state of affairs when we have to hope Nigel Worthington wiill be our new Manager

I wouldn't like to see any of those 3 here, but it would have to be Worthington followed by Gregory if any. I would still prefer someone like Joe Royle though.

Pearson almost took Saints down with plenty games left to turn that around....That's his only experience worthy.

This is pathetic.

My sentiments exactly. However the mongies will adore whoever it is from day cos he isn't Holloway, until of course we lose a couple and then they will want him out.

Is the strain of this situation getting to you?

Your memory lapse seems to have caused you to forget that it was precisely because of the adulalation of the BMs that Holloway remained in post and took us down quite unnecessarily.

I think we can define BM as meaning ' totally devoted to 'Ollie'.

Weren't you about Ollie's biggest fan on the this forum? I'm just trying to work out what that makes you!

Can you find a post anywhere where I said I am a fan of Holloways? Let alone his 'biggest fan'.

I don't think you are in a position to define 'BM'

Last edited by a moderator:
If we do appoint Pearson, then I will be a little disappointed that if are going down the route of a relatively inexperienced, unproven Manager that we weren't a little more imaginative and looked to appoint somebody like Sheringham.

Or Steve Walsh/Gerry Taggart/Neil Lennon even.

Come on Steve, Pearsons a shit appointment and you know it, equally so Gregory.

Too be honest mate Pearson or Gregory is like having the choice of shagging your own mother or anal with Granny, hardly a choice to get the juices flowing (especially in Granny's case :icon_lol:) but at least with Pearson there is a small chance that he could prove to be a decent manager if given a proper opportunity, where as Gregory is a proven failure and an arsehole to boot.

Has to be worthington if any of those!

Shame he didn't get the job last year we may not have been in this dvision.

Last edited:
I think this has a long way to run yet. I can see the first fixture. The PHG sounds and the entire squad wanders out, arguing about who plays and where. The fat kid will be put in goal.

I think this has a long way to run yet. I can see the first fixture. The PHG sounds and the entire squad wanders out, arguing about who plays and where. The fat kid will be put in goal.

Well Logan is a keeper so it would make sense really :)

Sad state of affairs when we have to hope Nigel Worthington wiill be our new Manager

not likely according to Worthington in todays' Belfast Telegraph

Despite what are strong suggestions that he could be the man Mandaric will turn to, Worthington last night denied there had been any contact from the club.

"I am not aware of any interest from Leicester City and I haven't heard anything from them about the job," he said.

I can't raise any sense of optimism with any of the rumoured names....

not likely according to Worthington in todays' Belfast Telegraph

Despite what are strong suggestions that he could be the man Mandaric will turn to, Worthington last night denied there had been any contact from the club.

"I am not aware of any interest from Leicester City and I haven't heard anything from them about the job," he said.

I can't raise any sense of optimism with any of the rumoured names....

Interesting.

My sentiments exactly. However the mongies will adore whoever it is from day cos he isn't Holloway, until of course we lose a couple and then they will want him out.

Can you find a post anywhere where I said I am a fan of Holloways? Let alone his 'biggest fan'.

I don't think you are in a position to define 'BM'

Unless you have an imposter - there seems to be a trail of evidence that you were adamantly opposed to the sacking of Holloway despite the fact that he was taking us to destruction.

Just because Mandaric seems to be close to losing the plot - does'nt mean we are not well served by the departure of Holloway. The real issue is the failure to have someone decent lined up - a problem we seem to encounter recurringly with Mandaric.

What happened to the list of Quality Managers who had applied for the job ? The barrel has been scraped and we are left with the likes of Gregory and Pearson

Unless you have an imposter - there seems to be a trail of evidence that you were adamantly opposed to the sacking of Holloway despite the fact that he was taking us to destruction.

Just because Mandaric seems to be close to losing the plot - does'nt mean we are not well served by the departure of Holloway. The real issue is the failure to have someone decent lined up - a problem we seem to encounter recurringly with Mandaric.

That doesnt make me a particular fan of his. I just couldnt see us being able to bring in anyone more competant which appears to be being proven by the total duffers being lined up for the job.

What happened to the list of Quality Managers who had applied for the job ? The barrel has been scraped and we are left with the likes of Gregory and Pearson

Just think what the names in the 'rejected' pile would have looked like :icon_lol:

Yes, thanks Mr. Gregory. Next!

What? That's it?

Mr Gregory? Mr. Gregory? There seems to have been a mistake, please sit down...

That doesnt make me a particular fan of his. I just couldnt see us being able to bring in anyone more competant which appears to be being proven by the total duffers being lined up for the job.

Totally agree.

However, there is no way we should have been relegated. Mandaric should not have bottled out of sacking Holloway until it was too late. He should have either have lined someone up decent whilst we were better placed in the market and not have left it till we have sunk to the level of the likes of Stockport & Hereford. Or alternatively, had a stand in manager to guide us clear of relegation and addressed the matter again in the close season.

I am certain that the BMs adoration of the hopeless Ollie provided mandaric with an excuse for not sacking him with about 10 games and potentially 30 points to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69