Am I on a different planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has said they will go down as far as I can see? What thyey have said is we havent got enough points because we have not one enough games. Not many have called for CL's head either. Hope your right, I think we all want Leicester to stay up.

Careful with your insults, we are all entitled to an opinion, disagree by all means but keep your argument reasoned rather than rude.

Chuck T Masala said:
Nobody has said they will go down as far as I can see? What thyey have said is we havent got enough points because we have not one enough games. Not many have called for CL's head either. Hope your right, I think we all want Leicester to stay up.

Careful with your insults, we are all entitled to an opinion, disagree by all means but keep your argument reasoned rather than rude.

:038:

Chuck T Masala said:

It wasn't an insult just a turn of phrase no offence meant, I could quite easily have said Anyon who wants Levein out needs to have a word with themself. The sentiments the same relegation and to a lesser extent getting rid of Levein have been mentioned in this thread.

My reasoned response is I can't see the teams below us getting more points than us in less games, I'm sure we will improve the longer the squad is together and expect us to finish around 12th. Thats my opinion. Cheers.

Dickovforengland! said:
It wasn't an insult just a turn of phrase no offence meant, I could quite easily have said Anyon who wants Levein out needs to have a word with themself. The sentiments the same relegation and to a lesser extent getting rid of Levein have been mentioned in this thread.

My reasoned response is I can't see the teams below us getting more points than us in less games, I'm sure we will improve the longer the squad is together and expect us to finish around 12th. Thats my opinion. Cheers.

Fair enough, you could well be right, but we are still not winning enough matches at home, and we should be. We can do it we have shown we can do it, but we can't sustain it and that's a mental thing.

Chuck T Masala said:
......that's a mental thing.
its deff making me go bloody mental.

Dickovforengland! said:
Been trying to bite my lip on this because its the same old topic dressed in a different way but I can't hold it anymore. Anybody who thinks we are going down is a cretin.

Yes we are 5 points off relegation but we are 10 points off play offs witha game on hand on most sides. I haven't seen anyone play us off the park. I am absolutely convinced we won't go down becase that would mean Plymouth getting 2 more points than us AND Brighton getting 4 more points than us with one less fixture AND Sheff Wednesday or Crewe getting 6 more points than us with one less fixture.

Anyone who wants Levein out needs a slap.

I don't think CL should go, but I also don't think staying up is the certainty you make it out to be. Many better teams than us have slid into the relegation zone in the second half of the season.

And despite what you say elsewhere in the thread your tone was insulting, but Chuck has already pulled you up on that.

DurhamFox said:
He has had his time, he has failed, get rid before it's too late.

Given that he's been here just over 1 year, what do you consider a reasonable amount of time that the board should give our manager? 6 months, 9 months?
I respect your opinion Durham, but feel that its one that i disagree with at the moment. I could understand it if your comments were aligned to Peter Taylor after he'd been with us for one year, but when CL joined the club it was an ugly mess. Unlike Taylor, CL as not had the same calibre or quality of players and so he's inherited a much more precarious job. If it could be put into 3 steps, i would imagine step 1 was to reduce the wage bill, offload the ageing players and bring in some fresh younger blood. Step 2 would be to try and gel the team, which i think he's slowly doing. This will probaly mean another 3 or 4 players coming and going before the jigsaw takes shape. Step 3 will be CL easiest bit, pushing for promotion with a side thats built on solid foundations.
Like i say Durham i do respect your opinion, but i can't honestly see how any other manager can do it any much differently if we want our club to build long term stability and another golden generation. Nobody wants us to be knocking around in this league for 5 years or so, but if we don't do it the right way then it may take even longer. My own opinion is that CL should be given the rest of the season ( 18 months in charge) and i would expect results to be improve from now until the end of this campaign. The frustrating thing is that we are probaly about 6 pts off what most people would of described as progression at this stage of the season.

To answer your question I think ideally a manager should be given 18-24 months but there is a line to be drawn if you start a downward trend in point average over a 3month period which is currently 0.33 points per game during december then you fall below that line, this is not progress.

I do not want craig sacked and I do not want us to lose vs millwall, I am a fan and want things to go well, I would love us to beat them and start a recovery and for craig to achieve success with our club. What I defenitly dont want is relegation, that would be more disastrous then letting craig go with only half of his job done. It is up to craig now to prove all us doubters wrong and start a run of winning games, ultimately results count and nothing else.

19th in the table, 25points. Not promotion material I agree, but not relegation material either. (Last time I looked there was still 24 teams in the division ) :mad:

I, personally, am not over concerned at the moment as I can see progress being made on the pitch in the way of performances. We are due a slice or 2 of luck, but we wont need that. What we need is the fans to get behind the team and give them their full support. :038: :038: :038:

We also don't need that tosspot on the radio saying "I can hear some people booing...." They are booing you, you knobjockey...:098:

xsubmariner said:
19th in the table, 25points. Not promotion material I agree, but not relegation material either.

Not use them stats, you appartently have to have 55 points to survive in a 46-game season. But you have to be equal or below the 22nd placed side.

I'm confused.

I thought about Football generally today just after reading Fever Pitch for the third time. Hornby describes his delight in winning the Championship under George Graham and then thought about the possibilities of City ever winning the League in my lifetime, unfortaunely I think I may of already seen our 'glory' period.

Brauny Blue said:
Given that he's been here just over 1 year, what do you consider a reasonable amount of time that the board should give our manager? 6 months, 9 months?
I respect your opinion Durham, but feel that its one that i disagree with at the moment. I could understand it if your comments were aligned to Peter Taylor after he'd been with us for one year, but when CL joined the club it was an ugly mess. Unlike Taylor, CL as not had the same calibre or quality of players and so he's inherited a much more precarious job. If it could be put into 3 steps, i would imagine step 1 was to reduce the wage bill, offload the ageing players and bring in some fresh younger blood. Step 2 would be to try and gel the team, which i think he's slowly doing. This will probaly mean another 3 or 4 players coming and going before the jigsaw takes shape. Step 3 will be CL easiest bit, pushing for promotion with a side thats built on solid foundations.
Like i say Durham i do respect your opinion, but i can't honestly see how any other manager can do it any much differently if we want our club to build long term stability and another golden generation. Nobody wants us to be knocking around in this league for 5 years or so, but if we don't do it the right way then it may take even longer. My own opinion is that CL should be given the rest of the season ( 18 months in charge) and i would expect results to be improve from now until the end of this campaign. The frustrating thing is that we are probaly about 6 pts off what most people would of described as progression at this stage of the season.

What if they don't? There is no sign of it. TBH I was playing devils advocate a little. However CL's reign at this club should be directly linked to results on the field. At present they are way off where they need to be. We are sliding and if we end up in the drop zone or much closer to it come January people will have to ask themselves some very searching questions.

All the good work off the field will count for nothing if we go down and that is a real possibility IMO.

DurhamFox said:
What if they don't? There is no sign of it. TBH I was playing devils advocate a little. However CL's reign at this club should be directly linked to results on the field. At present they are way off where they need to be. We are sliding and if we end up in the drop zone or much closer to it come January people will have to ask themselves some very searching questions.

All the good work off the field will count for nothing if we go down and that is a real possibility IMO.

Spot on Durham, we truly are in a difficult phase, in many areas Craig has done a good job and there is no doubt vast potential within the squad, however after over 12 months in charge, and us sitting periously close to the relegation zone, and no evidence of the tide turning in terms of results, despite playing some decent football, it does beg the question whether Craig has the ability to get the very best out of this squad, could a different manager find the formula to deliver results or would they struggle on in the same vein as Levein.

Can Levein find the solution, I am not convinced, he has tried numerous formations, tactics and permutations in personnel and still we are unable to build any sort of sustained unbeaten run, when you analyse it that way, it cannot be down to all the players in the squad, we all agree there is a lot of talented individuals so perhaps it is the constant, Levein and his backroom team, maybe there is just something lacking that is unable to take this group and move it on as a collective, perhaps Levein isnt the tactician many believed he was, or he is struggling to get to grips with the Championship, IMO he philiosphys are excellent but his match day performance is severely lacking, I believe Craig would make an exceptional Director of Football and he is an asset to the club that we can ill afford to lose but maybe with a restructuring of the club we could resolve this, with perhaps a head coach coming in who is more of a motivator and tactically aware taking charge of the on field activities, whilst Craig continues his blue print for the long term future.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Spot on Durham, we truly are in a difficult phase, in many areas Craig has done a good job and there is no doubt vast potential within the squad, however after over 12 months in charge, and us sitting periously close to the relegation zone, and no evidence of the tide turning in terms of results, despite playing some decent football, it does beg the question whether Craig has the ability to get the very best out of this squad, could a different manager find the formula to deliver results or would they struggle on in the same vein as Levein.

Can Levein find the solution, I am not convinced, he has tried numerous formations, tactics and permutations in personnel and still we are unable to build any sort of sustained unbeaten run, when you analyse it that way, it cannot be down to all the players in the squad, we all agree there is a lot of talented individuals so perhaps it is the constant, Levein and his backroom team, maybe there is just something lacking that is unable to take this group and move it on as a collective, perhaps Levein isnt the tactician many believed he was, or he is struggling to get to grips with the Championship, IMO he philiosphys are excellent but his match day performance is severely lacking, I believe Craig would make an exceptional Director of Football and he is an asset to the club that we can ill afford to lose but maybe with a restructuring of the club we could resolve this, with perhaps a head coach coming in who is more of a motivator and tactically aware taking charge of the on field activities, whilst Craig continues his blue print for the long term future.

I think CL is a bit young for a move 'Upstairs'........and surely we can't afford to employ anybody in a 'Management Capacity'.Relegation talk at Christmas eh..just like being back in the Premier League

The Director of Football is the biggest nonsense in football anyway. Name me one club where such a situation has worked and hasn't gone sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566