Am I the only one losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

I don't know if I can do this.

It's like I'm living someone else's life. I don't know what to say to the seemingly never ending stream of people admiring our achievements and willing us to win the league. And they really, really mean it.

I've tried being bullish, being magnanimous, false modesty, and so on. I now just say "I'm loving it" and hope they leave it at that.

And I am loving it. But I'm only pretending that I'm coping.

Ever since I was a kid, Leicester City has been a largely disappointing, and never really surprising, part of my life. Supporting them isn't about receiving wondrous praise or admiration. It's about dogged endurance.

We're not supposed to be doing this. Had we spent two hundred million to get here, there would be some sense to it. But we haven't done that. We've just done everything, and I mean everything, right this season with a side that engender a pride that is unnatural and beyond compare. As one friend put it this week, we're now "England's team".

I play poker and when you win a tournament, there is a sense of the bizarre about it. It's like you don't even have to play well, it just seems to happen, everything just falls into place. Football is nothing like a poker tournament though. Until now. Everything really is just falling into place. So far anyway.

This may well be making no sense at all. Maybe I've read one too many articles gushing praise or re-watched Saturday's goals one time too often. But this week, I'm not sleeping normally and the recurring thought " 53 points, 13 games left" keeps on going round and round my head.

Can I really cope with another 95 days of this? The players play like they haven't a care in the world. And they should be the example to follow. But none of them have been on this ride for the last forty years like I have.

Whatever the outcome on May 15th, I may well need some therapy.

I know what you mean.

I can't get it out of my head. Can't stop thinking about Leicester.

In some ways it's great because no matter how down I'm feeling I always know I've got watching this glorious football team to look forward to.

But I have to keep stopping myself, at times it really does feel like I'm living someone else's life. In some ways I can't wait til May when it'll all be over.

I've always loved Leicester but this season it's just completely taken over my thoughts and life in a way I'm not even sure is healthy.

I've often said that I wasn't overly fussed about being in the Premier League because the idea of aiming for average mid table finishes and calling that a success would bore me to death. I'm glad I haven't had to suffer through that ;)

I have this dream that I don't dare to dream, but it won't go away.

In some ways it's great that there is ever better global coverage, and I did get up early and went to the beach for a swim today. In other ways I am on the other side of the ****ing planet and missing out on this big time.

I would love a cuddle.

Well it's worth posting this again...

It almost makes me sad in a way, knowing that for the rest of my life it'll never be as good as this. This season is the pinnacle.

It's very strange . I want to be elated by it and shout it from the rooftops but instead there is just a state of bewilderment. After 44 years of mainly lows and a few memorable highs this is just off the scale . My stock reply of elated with top 4 is now secretly morphing into disappointed if we don't win it .

I know what you mean BN. I have this problem where regardless of what the group I am in is talking about I am always thinking about how I can bring it back to be talking about how good Leicester are this season.

I have been following for about 8 years, my first season was relegation to the third tier so to recognise where we are now is extremely difficult...

I have blind optimism and hope.

Bastards.

**** you Leicester for rekindling my hope. **** you.

Standing in a pub in Leeds by myself and watching Huth score our third. I didn't even celebrate at first. Just stood there unbelieving. (Before then jumping around like a fool)

It was about this time that this season really hit me. How insane it is. How unlikely. How good this group of players are. How we could actually do it. All of it. Watching us 0-3 up away at Man City to go 6 points clear. No matter what happens next, it'll be a moment I will always remember.

It's not that it i've not thought about it before. Obviously like all Leicester fans this season we've called this season fantastic, amazing, unbelievable. But it just doesn't cut it. This is once in a generation stuff.

Standing in a pub in Leeds by myself and watching Huth score our third. I didn't even celebrate at first. Just stood there unbelieving. (Before then jumping around like a fool)

It was about this time that this season really hit me. How insane it is. How unlikely. How good this group of players are. How we could actually do it. All of it. Watching us 0-3 up away at Man City to go 6 points clear. No matter what happens next, it'll be a moment I will always remember.

It's not that it i've not thought about it before. Obviously like all Leicester fans this season we've called this season fantastic, amazing, unbelievable. But it just doesn't cut it. This is once in a generation stuff.
Or once ever stuff. (Until next season....)

I'm not really sure how I feel. Sometimes I'm convinced we are going to win the league, I feel confident and excited. Others I'm sure something is going to go wrong and I feel nervous.

Considering how recently the club was at it's lowest point in history, and the fact we haven't spent hundreds of millions to close that gap, our expectations haven't caught up with reality.

Mixed emotions in what is turning into a surreal season!!!! The Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal games etc are 'freebies' - anything we get in these games is a bonus. The games against the lower teams always worry me , I guess that stems from past years of raising our games against the bigger/better teams but then coming a cropper against the strugglers, who put everyone behind the ball and we struggle to break them down. Part of me wants the season to end now but there's another part of me that doesn't want it to end!?!?!

It almost makes me sad in a way, knowing that for the rest of my life it'll never be as good as this. This season is the pinnacle.
But imagine if we actually win it. No matter how shit we'll ever be again, we will always have that (lex Forest I suppose)

But imagine if we actually win it. No matter how shit we'll ever be again, we will always have that (lex Forest I suppose)

Exactly. In a way I'd almost feel like I could give football and LCFC up, as I know nothing could ever beat this season if we actually win it.

But I'll stick around for the Champions League next season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566