Am I the only one losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine games to go... It’s all under control!

The first thing I do every morning….

Log on and Check the league table… rub my sorry old eyes and throw a punch into the air.

Go make a coffee… come back and check it again… just in case!

Check my news feed for the latest panic statements from the 'big boys'… always good for a chuckle.

Go back and check the league table again… gaze at it over another coffee …just in case it accidentally moves! (the electricity surge from boiling a kettle can often be misinterpreted by ‘the media’ as an anonymous portent for the restoration of the old world order).

Play the latest audio/video clip of Claudio’s new age relaxation technique (interview) …take a deep calming breath …count to 9 (or the number of however many games left to the end of the season).

Remember that I didn’t send my old mum a mother’s day card …or for that matter a birthday card! …Go back and check the league table again just in case I’ve bad karma’d it!

Decide I need to get ‘other stuff’ done… Oh dear! …realise its evening already and there may be some footy being played… go back and check if any of it might somehow affect the league table!

Spend most of the evening stressing over the thought that our historic season may just be overshadowed by Gary Lineker poncing around on next season’s MOTD in his pants!

Go back and check the league table again… just for reassurance and perspective!

Stress even more at the thought that our historic season may be even more overshadowed by Gary Lineker finding Lilly Savage lurking in his pants on next season’s MOTD!!!

Check the league table again, order another take away pizza from Don Ranieri’s, and wonder why my local has run dry on Vardy salted crisps in the last couple of weeks? Write an email about this to my local MP… delete said email as I realise I no longer live in my home City and it would probably upset the local dive bombing parrots..! Ooops! Accidentally sent it by mistake, unwittingly, and without any direct responsibility!

Better check that league table again just in case Delia’s baked a cake with a file in it!

Eventually retire to my bed …having had a final check on the league table again …and having set my alarms to warn of any overnight changes by going dilly ding, dilly dong!

Sleep like a fox, feeling the love and support of a whole nation of real football fans who dare to dream …but with one eye open watching out for sneaky elitist predators holding secret meetings to change the league and feed their greed!

Wonder who’ll be top of the league in the morning?

…Think I’d better go and check the league table again! :cool:

Excellent Sack!!!...why does it resonate so much with my life at the moment. I've even snapshotted the table on to my phone so I can have a look through the day at work as I have no signal.

I want your life Sack

The last time I had that said to me it was on the doorstep from a couple of canvassing Mormons/Morons..! (tick the appropriate box)

I think we're easily converting far more people to 'the way of the Foxes' than them these days :fox: ...may the fox be with you!

Why am I nervous about a game that is still 60 hours away?

What the feck am I going to be like on Monday night, let alone after 9 more weeks of this?

Do they have defibrillators in the stadium?

Nope. I've completely bottled it. Feel ill with worry and stress. If this all goes tits up I'm not sure how much I'll have left to give to sport.

Might have to take a few days away from it all and stick to just match days.

I'm aware this makes me a big blubbering queen.

Nope. I've completely bottled it. Feel ill with worry and stress. If this all goes tits up I'm not sure how much I'll have left to give to sport.

Might have to take a few days away from it all and stick to just match days.

I'm aware this makes me a big blubbering queen.

Completely the same. Staying away from papers, podcasts and Twitter until Sunday. Can't take it!

For some reason I felt a sense of calm come over me last night during the spurs match. If we do happen to drop to second, I'm determined to try to still enjoy the unbelievable success that is champions league qualification. I doubt it'll be as easy as that, but I'm going to try.

Getting nervous and not ashamed to admit it.

Getting nervous and not ashamed to admit it.

Oh God same here Lako!!!! In fact if we don't beat Swansea I think we will have blown it because I can't see Spurs dropping many, if any, points, especially if Vardy is banned for more than the 1 game - which looks likely :(:anguished::fearful::worried:

The media pundits have been saying all year, we are a one/two man team. We've shown time and time again that we are a TEAM. Even if the Vardy/Mahrez show stops, we don't. Now all of a sudden Vardy gets suspended and the whole world has collapsed?

Get a grip honestly. We are in better form than Spurs, forget how they are playing it's all about putting points on the board at this stage.
Last 10: Leicester 23 points, Spurs 23 points.
Last 6: Leicester 16, Spurs 14.

Even if we lose this Sunday, it's still in our hands. One game at a time, as they have done all season. Up the Foxes!

We've beaten Spuds away so there's no reason to think that Manure and Chelsea aren't winnable games (as the media seem to think)

Spurs also lost at home to Newcastle didn't they?

We've shown time and time again that we are a TEAM. Even if the Vardy/Mahrez show stops, we don't.

Which leads me to the main reason why I think we almost went down on Sunday. Yes, we are a team. Mahrez, Vardy, 9 others, a benchful of subs, manager and backroom staff - a team. But when things started to go wrong on Sunday, there was one other member of the team that got things wrong.

Yes - the crowd. Whenever we have been behind this season the crowd seems to have bumped it up and I'm not the only one who thinks that has been decisive on more than one occasion. But what did the crowd do on Sunday when Vardy got sent off. They went for the ref; they went for the opposition; they went for the conspiracy theory AND completely forgot their responsibility to bump it up and get behind the players on the pitch. Vitriol will not do it . Not towards the ref. Not towards the oppo bigwigs in the padded seats. When real support was needed the crowd fell to just blaming everybody else instead of giving the real lift that was needed.

I hope lessons will have been learned and that 30,000 people will do on Sunday that which they have been good at all season long. Sadly there are too many of that 30,000 who would not believe a word of what of what I have had to say.

Can you not chant 'C'mon Lesta! C'mon Lesta!' AND 'The referee's a wanker! You don't know what you are doing!' in equal measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566