Amsterdam for the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

It will be my first "adult" visit, ie no kids with me, since 1985, so I'm looking for recommendations of things to do.

The interesting ladies are not really my thing!

Suggestions?

It's decent but I would seriously consider staying a bit longer, you can't make serious money in one weekend.

the Van Gogh and the other one near it (the Rijk is it) are very good

don't go in the Bulldog chain smokehouses, they are full of English bellends

don't worry about what time you go out, the city goes on late

don't worry when your beer is all froth :)

Heineken brewery used to be 'all you could drink' in the second and final bar and the three guilder to get in all went to charity.

If it's your birthday take a passport - free stein.

The Melkweg is my favourite venue anywhere - might have someone on you want to see.

Ajax tickets could be bought from kiosks all over the city and everyone near us smoked funny smelling fags.

This might not be relevant to Siouxsie but what's the latest on the "coffee shops"? I heard they were cracking down on drug tourism (thanks) and that they might do some membership thing of it. I would like to try cannabis just to see what it's like but under more controlled circumstances (ie, legal).

This might not be relevant to Siouxsie but what's the latest on the "coffee shops"? I heard they were cracking down on drug tourism (thanks) and that they might do some membership thing of it. I would like to try cannabis just to see what it's like but under more controlled circumstances (ie, legal).

It's alright, but not something I miss now I don't do it.

The right-wing Christian Democrats are making it so only locals can use the coffee shops. Not sure when, it may already be in force.
It's a ****ing insane idea.

The right-wing Christian Democrats are making it so only locals can use the coffee shops. Not sure when, it may already be in force.
It's a ****ing insane idea.
Yes, it does seem odd to bring it out on the streets.

Rembrandt square is a really relaxing chilled night out. The night club 'Rain' is round the corner and a terrific rave up, but doesnt really get going until the very early hours. If you start at the Central Station and work your way down the Damrak theres plenty of bars and eateries. At Dam Square theres some very overpriced bars - the Eurobar was a good stop.

If you get out of town, the area across the river next to the Amsterdam Arena has some lovely views across the waterway, and again some nice bars. Further afield Utrect was a really nice place and Haarlem was beautiful.

I find most of Amsterdam city centre quite dirty, in the cleanliness way and not just the seediness.

Steer clear of the red light district at night as its just full of drug pushers, pick-pockets and overpriced disease-free whores.

True story this.....

Couple of my mates did A level Art, and went on a field trip to Amsterdam. When the trip returned, everyone was laughing about one of the mates, and the story was that the class had gone out and about exploring, and ended up in the red light district where my mate was apparently amazed with the "living art" on display in shop windows. Apparently, my fellow 6th formers didn't explain it to her, purely for their own amusement.

This was the same mate who didn't study "Humans As Organisms" in GCSE Science, unlike the rest of us :icon_lol:

For the record, I only went on one trip in 6th form, and that was to Loughborough Uni. I also didn't study Art.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670