Andy Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been stuck in the traffic on the M42 here in the West Mids. I was next to a car with a bloke driving it who was the spit of Andy Cole. He was on the phone and I managed to lipread the words " not sure though, they've got so many strikers" just as he moved forwards. There was a "One Dream- One Team" sticker in the back window which clinched it for me.

Just been stuck in the traffic on the M42 here in the West Mids. I was next to a car with a bloke driving it who was the spit of Andy Cole. He was on the phone and I managed to lipread the words " not sure though, they've got so many strikers" just as he moved forwards. There was a "One Dream- One Team" sticker in the back window which clinched it for me.

So many people are going to look stupid if he signs.

Personally, I don't want him here. I think we need to strengthen elsewhere in the side.

I'd rather like A FEW MORE strikers:
Problem is Neil Warnock used to collect them and look what happened to him!

Maybe MA can play a longball 3-2-5 formation!!

Imaging the defenders faces - Hulme / DJ / Cole / Fryatt and Cort all goal hanging::icon_eek:

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO MA!!!!:038:

:biggrin::081::biggrin:

Wasn't he at Brum last season too? They're becoming a bit of a feeder club for us. Well that's one way of looking at it anyway.

The Times said the other day we were being linked with him... didn't say anything else, so hardly the most helpful news thread.

Andrew (he prefers that) Cole's family lives in Nottingham.
He may just have been travelling to see them or having seen them.
I suggested in another thread that we should go for him as he was reported to interest Hull (! Hull for Gods sake!)
It may just be possible that we would fancy returning to near his roots and friends.
We saw him last season for Brum. He would still kill this division.
Get him in mad-dog.

The Don

Well, they're not really going to look that stupid are they?

What kind of a response was it that you were hoping for?

The response I was looking for was a discussion (strange that for a forum) on the merits of possibly signing Andy Cole (or not).

I'd rather like A FEW MORE strikers:
Problem is Neil Warnock used to collect them and look what happened to him!

Maybe MA can play a longball 3-2-5 formation!!

Imaging the defenders faces - Hulme / DJ / Cole / Fryatt and Cort all goal hanging::icon_eek:

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO MA!!!!:038:

Welcome Norfolkfox. I would tell everyone what I remember about you at school but it's too disgusting to discuss even here...

I suggested in another thread that we should go for him as he was reported to interest Hull (! Hull for Gods sake!)
It may just be possible that we would fancy returning to near his roots and friends.
Get him in mad-dog.

The Don

I see where you're coming from. But you don't drive through the busiest road in Leicester to get to Nottingham. Plus he was travelling southbound out of Leicester, where he was a passenger with another fella suited up who was driving.

I'm pretty sure he had been at the Walkers for talks with our chief exec

Get him in mad-dog.

The Don

Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that he was being linked with the forest scum? I remember seeing an article saying that he was willing to take a paycut to see out his career at his hometown club or something? Makes sense to me, he can't be too short of cash to be fair and he'd still be top of forest's wage bill which can't be too bad? :102:

Besides, if it is true about him being a forest fan, then he's hardly gonna come and play for us is he?

Get him in mad-dog.

The Don

we know why you were sacked Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675