Andy King to Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i do like "myopic and moronic"

and the drizzle

bravo to you sir. i take my hat off to anyone who slates with assonance, alliteration and cooking metaphors

Thank you my child. :058:

All I'm saying is, here's a guy who (yes, yes, yes we know it was the bloody 3rd division) showed real elements of promise, and yes, also showed worrying signs of being invisible at the wrong times, but why do we have to be so short sighted (BG - thats myopic mate :056:) that we feel the need to get rid of somebody who has yet to conclusively prove himself as being eligible for filing alongside Williams, Sylla, Blake, Hammond, John.

We don't need the money, lets just see what happens.

You watched him playing third tier football against shite teams, he should have looked good against that lot.This season will show him up a lot. He will not be able to go missing so often. A bad player is rarely shown up when in a winning team. It's when they start to lose that they become more visable to every one.

Agreed, and the same can be said in respect of a few others that need to prove themselves at this level.

Again I think it depends what type of midfielder you expect or want him to be. As a defensive midfielder he is very poor, as he doesn't tackle often, however as an attacking player with someone holding behind him then I think he is more than capable in the championship. I think he has a lot to learn before he makes the jump to the Premier though, but Stearman appears to have managed it.

But we do not have that luxury, we need a central midfield that can get stuck in, win the ball, pass and chip in with goals, King IMO only seems to be able to one of those!

IMO if he got stuck in more then it would help him significantly. He doesnt have to turn into a battling midfielder, but even attacking midfielders like Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard do there fair share.

fully agree Willlow, He backs out of far far too many tackles. But then again all he has to do is score the odd goal and everything is rosy.

All I'm saying is, here's a guy who (yes, yes, yes we know it was the bloody 3rd division) showed real elements of promise, and yes, also showed worrying signs of being invisible at the wrong times, but why do we have to be so short sighted (BG - thats myopic mate :056:) that we feel the need to get rid of somebody who has yet to conclusively prove himself as being eligible for filing alongside Williams, Sylla, Blake, Hammond, John.

Innocent?

After people on here slating him he was a regular starter in the team that won the division last year.

i think "making the jump to the Premiership" infers that he is playing regularly and well in

I know what I see, and that's my opinion mate. I don't think we have the luxury of standing back and "seeing what happens".

Also, how do you know we don't need the money?

I know what I see, and that's my opinion mate. I don't think we have the luxury of standing back and "seeing what happens".

Also, how do you know we don't need the money?

We have 'assets' in the form of Dudley (don't laugh) and Mattock. If we have to sell, these can go and bring revenue in.

There are more of us around than you think beighton, King needs carrying in games which we only just got away with last season, this season his goals will not make up for his many short fallings in other areas!! If a decent offer comes in, snap there hands off!!!

Short-term thinking and unneccessary moaning.

I can't understand why anyone would even slightly entertain the idea of selling King when he is only 20, was magnificent on the whole last season and is only going to get better.
And if O'Neill is interested, it backs that up. He's hardly what you would call a bad judge of a player is he?

We have had lots of crap young players through the ranks in recent years, and King is not one of them. Given the choice of keeping him or Mattock, it would be King nine times out of ten for me.

That's what I thought Matt, Innocent.

if it's Innocent, she's found a clever way of getting round my ignore list by a) changing name b) stopping ranting c) being funny for a change

I can't understand why anyone would even slightly entertain the idea of selling King when he is only 20, was magnificent on the whole last season and is only going to get better.
And if O'Neill is interested, it backs that up. He's hardly what you would call a bad judge of a player is he?

We have had lots of crap young players through the ranks in recent years, and King is not one of them. Given the choice of keeping him or Mattock, it would be King nine times out of ten for me.

Can you delete this post, its far too reasoned and well thought out. :icon_cool

Short-term memory and unnecessary drivel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566