Andy Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Leroy Potter still has a future at the Club and that this signing fills me with zero confidence in RK's ability to see the problems that there are in the current squad. :icon_sad: :icon_conf :icon_conf
He could be sending Lenny Powter, the young black lad out on loan, RK seems to like this tactic :102:

It does seem more than a little concerning that some decent youngsters with potential and bright futures are going to have their progress halted by the inclusion of what can only be described as mediocre journeymen.

IMO Leo Potts will be at least as effective as Welsh, but he has the added benefit of being young and so he can improve, develop and more importantly gained much needed experience that will help him in his career where as Welsh is at an age where is he most likely to have already fulfilled his potential.

Last edited:
So far IMO RK has made some good signings and if he feels Welsh can do a good job for us then we should trust him

To be fair to RK, he was never going to play Porter in every game as he's young and still learning ( he was left out on Saturday, for instance ). I feel Welsh has been taken on board for that reason, and I don't think the club will look to make the move permanent.

I have no probelm with Welsh, I just seem to have a probelm with the choice of what position to bring a player in. It thought we were weak at left wing but Porter is adequate enough for the time being with Tiatto on in games with a more defensive and gritty set-up. We really need a striker, left back and centre midfielder and none of these I have been addressed.

I still bear the opinion that one player is set to go in January and the deal has been provisionally done, I think Kisnorbo is the player after RK has seen McAuley to be a good enough back-up. Thats why if rumoured correctly we are currently courting 4 players all on loan, one of which has now joined. (Gudjonsson, Welsh, Elliott, Gallacher) The club is simply planning ahead with money promised in January on Kisnorbo or any other player (could be Fryatt)

Judging RK's judgement on transfers. Four players brought in this summer plus two from the academy, I'd say 3 are comfortable at this level, 2 on boardline and 1 simply been a let-down. If to be believed, appartently RK took on most of the English-based signings during Levein or they were players under his radar, suggested by him to buy. This includes McCarthy, Fryatt, Hume but also the often erratic performing Hammond and Johansson. So I suppose RK's judgement on players is not too bad. When you look at Levein's buys (Douglas, Sylla, Maybury and De Vries for four) who have all disappeared off the face of the earth.

I have no probelm with Welsh, I just seem to have a probelm with the choice of what position to bring a player in. It thought we were weak at left wing but Porter is adequate enough for the time being with Tiatto on in games with a more defensive and gritty set-up. We really need a striker, left back and centre midfielder and none of these I have been addressed.

I still bear the opinion that one player is set to go in January and the deal has been provisionally done, I think Kisnorbo is the player after RK has seen McAuley to be a good enough back-up. Thats why if rumoured correctly we are currently courting 4 players all on loan, one of which has now joined. (Gudjonsson, Welsh, Elliott, Gallacher) The club is simply planning ahead with money promised in January on Kisnorbo or any other player (could be Fryatt)

Judging RK's judgement on transfers. Four players brought in this summer plus two from the academy, I'd say 3 are comfortable at this level, 2 on boardline and 1 simply been a let-down. If to be believed, appartently RK took on most of the English-based signings during Levein or they were players under his radar, suggested by him to buy. This includes McCarthy, Fryatt, Hume but also the often erratic performing Hammond and Johansson. So I suppose RK's judgement on players is not too bad. When you look at Levein's buys (Douglas, Sylla, Maybury and De Vries for four) who have all disappeared off the face of the earth.

IMO I cant see PK going, if we were to get rid of him it would leave us with no back ups and with injuries and suspensions a big possibility I cant see RK risking it. As for Fryatt, any interest in him would have quickly gone with his poor start to the season.

IMO I cant see PK going, if we were to get rid of him it would leave us with no back ups and with injuries and suspensions a big possibility I cant see RK risking it. As for Fryatt, any interest in him would have quickly gone with his poor start to the season.

McAulay? Johannson?? Stearman???

Last edited:
Good to see the mockery are on the ball......:icon_roll

Read the 'Welsh set for quick City start' in the top left

read the second para

Last edited:
Although I am not over the moon on this one, I am going to give my support to it and see how things turn out. When he was here last time he never set the place on fire but he didnt discredit himself either. It might be he has been brought in to give some stability to the midfield to feed the strikers more.
Still a strange move though....:102:

I personally thought he was okay when he was here...pretty skillful.

What did some of you expect, Ronaldinho?

I don't see why so many people are disappointed with it... I'm sure most people seemed to think he was decent when we had him last season. Surely better than Tiatto anyway, and Levi can't play every game.

Could mean Tiatto plays in the centre more often now? Or at LB?

I'm just not liking how much I'm seeing him described as a "forward"... we need a real striker, not a winger to put up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69