Andy Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh failed to shine in what was a pretty average team, not really worth pursuing imo. What we really need is someone who can score and a strong presence in midfield

Cheers YV and Durham..........just in time to sign him on a permanent deal when the transfer window reopens, not a signing to get the pulse racing IMO.

Cheers YV and Durham..........just in time to sign him on a permanent deal when the transfer window reopens, not a signing to get the pulse racing IMO.
Or to take us up to the transfer window when a replacement can be bought in, but I think your version is more realistic

I love the way he is suddenly a 'forward' as we are short of strikers :102:

Club spin IMO, sends the message out that Welsh is viewed as an attacking option as the left sided midfielder, as opposed to Tiatto who is considered to be a more defensive type of player, possibly in reaction to some of the criticism Kelly has recieved in recent weeks regarding negative team selections and tactics.

Or to take us up to the transfer window when a replacement can be bought in, but I think your version is more realistic

Kelly would have signed Welsh in the summer, had he been able to agree a deal, however Sunderland's circumstances have now changed and I would imagine Kelly has viewed this as an opportunity to get him in now and then sort the permanent deal out at the earliest opportunity. By signing him twice on loan deals within 6 or so months of each other shows how highly he rates him, unless Kelly leaves his post then I would say it is a certainty that Welsh will sign in January on a permanent deal.

Kelly would have signed Welsh in the summer, had he been able to agree a deal, however Sunderland's circumstances have now changed and I would imagine Kelly has viewed this as an opportunity to get him in now and then sort the permanent deal out at the earliest opportunity. By signing him twice on loan deals within 6 or so months of each other shows how highly he rates him, unless Kelly leaves his post then I would say it is a certainty that Welsh will sign in January on a permanent deal.
Well I need to know his playing position before I can decide my opinion. If he signs as a striker, I give up, I really do!!

Well I need to know his playing position before I can decide my opinion. If he signs as a striker, I give up, I really do!!

If he signs as striker then Kelly should give up, IMO he will sign as a left midfielder, I would not be surprised to see a striker move on loan within the next couple of days, possibly just unfortunate that the paperwork for the Welsh deal has been completed prior to being able to announce that the priority position of striker has been remedied.

I hope Leroy Potter still has a future at the Club and that this signing fills me with zero confidence in RK's ability to see the problems that there are in the current squad. :icon_sad: :icon_conf :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69