Andy Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Harry Redknapp going absolutely ape shit (no pun intended) when West Ham sold Impey as he hadn't been told about it.

I remember Harry Redknapp going absolutely ape shit (no pun intended) when West Ham sold Impey as he hadn't been told about it.

Why? Because he'd missed the chance to celebrate?

I thought Welsh was ok last season for us. Good to see him back, he will offer something different. I think he will be more effective, in the short-term, than Porter.

I don't think that Welsh is the worst signing in the world but LM is not a position that desperately needs strengthening (striker, CM, RM do). Given our financial position I can only assume that somebody is lined up to go in January. At the end of last season this might have been Stearman but on current form I think it must be PK. If in the next few days RK says how important PK is to the team then he is definately on his way!

It was rumoured on another forum, that if we were not in a position of genuinely challenging for a play off place then it would be likely that 2 or 3 players would be sold in the January transfer window. If my memory serves me correct, the names mentioned at the time were Kisnorbo, Stearman and Fryatt. How reliable this info was, we will find out in due course.

Last edited:
If in the next few days RK says how important PK is to the team then he is definately on his way!

I write as somebody who likes Kisnorbo and would want him to stay, but you have got to question how important a player is who misses 4 of the first 13 games of the season due to suspension.

It was rumoured on another forum, that if we were not in a position of genuinely challenging for a play off place then it would be likely that 2 or 3 players would be sold in the January transfer window. If my memory serves me correct, the names mentioned at the time were Kisnorbo, Stearman and Fryatt. How reliable this info was, we will find out in due course.

Is this a new rumour - or is it the one from before the start of the season being recycled?

60 goals in 134 starts.

On the downside, he was coached by P**** T****r

Didnt he get double figures though in League One for left winger and then Twatylor start to ruin the poor lad by replacing him with ex-City Kevin Ellison (I seen him play at Old Trafford, in 3 months Altrincham to Old Trafford)

Is this a new rumour - or is it the one from before the start of the season being recycled?

Same rumour Boc. Just thought I would requote it bearing in mind that posters were speculating to possible departures in January.

Last edited:

I think certain plyers will want to leave in January whether we want them to or not,unless we are challenging for a Play off spot...which is unlikely

Not sure about that. He hasnt been given much of a chance there under Kelly though.

He's always had site in front of him,Sylla,Hughes etc never had a decent right winger who can help him out etc.I will probably be the only one sad to see him go but i know he will do well at another club.I think Kelly has his favourites and Maybury obviously isn't one of them andhe may as well go

He's always had site in front of him,Sylla,Hughes etc never had a decent right winger who can help him out etc.I will probably be the only one sad to see him go but i know he will do well at another club.I think Kelly has his favourites and Maybury obviously isn't one of them andhe may as well go

Make that 2. He is a decent RB at the level the team is now at.

I agree with Highland and OG, Maybury is more than adequate at Right Back, he is without doubt the most complete full back we currently have on our books, Kenton is too defensive whilst Stearman lacks experience and long term is a centre half.

Kelly seems to have a similar stubborn streak to Levein and has developed a blind spot to certain players which causes me more than a little concern.

I really see no reason why we continually ignore Maybury's claims for a starting spot in the side and yet we refused to cash in when given an opportunity to offload him, unbelieveable when you consider he is now a virtual outcast under RK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69