Are we bottling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the final game of the season is likely to end up as one of the biggest embarrassments we have ever had.

We are going to have our little bellies well and try rubbed.
I’m not sure it can be more embarrassing than yesterday.

I’m not sure it can be more embarrassing than yesterday.

Please don't tempt fate.

I really really want that we'll respond as if kicked up the arse, that yesterday's debacle will have caused serious reflection, that we'll come out fighting fit and take it to them... but... I've thought such things before only to be cruelly reminded that there always seems to be a new low in our trajectory. Puel-ball might have been dull but we at least managed to avoid farce (of yesterday's scale anyway).

I reckon we're done for the season. I only hope that we can avoid cricket scores. And if we can scrap a draw against Spurs then I'll happily draw a veil over whatever else may happen.

**** me, I'm miserable.... I could be a Smiths tune (when it was fashionable to be one)

Please don't tempt fate.

I really really want that we'll respond as if kicked up the arse, that yesterday's debacle will have caused serious reflection, that we'll come out fighting fit and take it to them... but... I've thought such things before only to be cruelly reminded that there always seems to be a new low in our trajectory. Puel-ball might have been dull but we at least managed to avoid farce (of yesterday's scale anyway).

I reckon we're done for the season. I only hope that we can avoid cricket scores. And if we can scrap a draw against Spurs then I'll happily draw a veil over whatever else may happen.

**** me, I'm miserable.... I could be a Smiths tune (when it was fashionable to be one)
I wish Johnny Marr could re-record them without that nob Morrissey.

That aside, yes. We are done.

The only thing within my power to save our season is to cash out my top four finish bet.

I've just pocketed a pitiful £45 but it's worth it to inspire the universe to turn this shit show around.

If it happens, I expect your appreciation for my sacrifice.

The only thing within my power to save our season is to cash out my top four finish bet.

I've just pocketed a pitiful £45 but it's worth it to inspire the universe to turn this shit show around.

45 quid is better than **** all. Very shrew.

You should have done it after that Brighton game

Idiot

If we somehow qualify I will pay you the difference. Fix that cosmic imbalance now :icon lol:

I just remembered I cashed out my top 4 bet in January, think it was after either the Burnley or Southampton defeat. £10, to return £210. I cashed out at about £180-190 I think.

Just remembered my bet is top 6 for £250 and I can't cash out

You magnificent bastard.

I find this really interesting - nicked from the Mercury:

First 19 games:
When City had higher xG: W10 D0 L0
When City had lower xG: W2 D3 L4

Last 18 games:
When City had higher xG: W6 D2 L4
When City had lower xG: W0 D3 L3

This shows we've had a better xG in the second half of the season than the first - 10/9 vs. 12/6

In the first half of the season, when we dominated, we won every single time. In the second half of the season, we've dominated just as much, if not more, but we've not taken the chances.

If we'd took advantage of the xG positions in the second half of the season in the same way as we did in the first half of the season, we'd have an additional 16 points right now.

This shows that we're not really bottling it, we've just stopped taking advantage of our good situations in matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263