Are we bottling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last 22 games: W6 D6 L10 F28 A31 P24

It's worth comparing BRs performance against the final 22 league games from our previous managers. Puel and Shakespeare did better and both got sacked for it.

Puel - W7 D5 L10 P26
Shakespeare - W8 D5 L8 P29 (only managed 21 league games)
Ranieri - W4 D5 L13 P17

It's worth comparing BRs performance against the final 22 league games from our previous managers. Puel and Shakespeare did better and both got sacked for it.

Puel - W7 D5 L10 P26
Shakespeare - W8 D5 L8 P29 (only managed 21 league games)
Ranieri - W4 D5 L13 P17
Well that's it then, let's just bring one of them back.

Simples.

Well that's it then, let's just bring one of them back.

Simples.

The point is that they were (rightly ) sacked for a string of ****ing awful results
Brendan‘s are worse

But then you knew what the real point was, but ignored it with a typically stupid comment

do you think we were right to sack those managers?
I was in the Puel in camp but I can see why they made the change if they knew Rodgers was willing to come to us when he did.

Shakespeare was and never will be a manager.

The point is that they were (rightly ) sacked for a string of ****ing awful results
Brendan‘s are worse

But then you knew what the real point was, but ignored it with a typically stupid comment
It's not always as straightforward as just results though.

So you think Rodgers should be sacked now for getting us our highest finish in 50 odd years apart from 'that season', having a net spend of zero and improving us 4 or 5 places from last year?

I was in the Puel in camp but I can see why they made the change if they knew Rodgers was willing to come to us when he did.

Shakespeare was and never will be a manager.
And yet he did better in his 21 games than Rodgers has done in his last 22. Strange

Sacking him would be daft right now but that doesn't mean we have to fall into line and be thankfuk for our lot. I think he's a joke and that this will all end badly but that doesn't mean that I think he should be sacked now. It also doesn't mean that we can defend such a monumental **** up.

So you think Shakespeare is a better manager than Rodgers?
No. But then I didn't say that. I was making the point that if someone who 'isn't a real manager' has a better record over half a season than someone you think is, then the latter is probably not as great as you imagine.

No. But then I didn't say that. I was making the point that if someone who 'isn't a real manager' has a better record over half a season than someone you think is, he's probably not as great as you imagine.
And as I already said, it's not always as straight forward as just the results.

What about Rodgers first half of the season, did that not happen?

Can we change this thread title to “have we just bottled it”?

And as I already said, it's not always as straight forward as just the results.

What about Rodgers first half of the season, did that not happen?
But, but, but, you said that this was because the big teams were in transition...... Make you're mind up....

I have reflected on this. In the context of having a 15 point lead with plenty of shite to beat that could have seen us comfortably over the line...

this season has been a pretty epic fail. It can’t be sugar coated. Massive fail, the shock waves and repercussions of which are yet to come.

Enter Congerton stage left for act 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758