Post Match Arsenal 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a smashing set of 'ya get me's' 'bruvs', 'bluds', 'simple as's', 'you understand me's' and 'at the end of the days' on Arsenal Fan TV tonight. Well worth a watch if you're at a loose end and want cheering up.

Honestly, I thought we were fkin shite for 60 mins. Fuchs terrible, Praet and Tielemans well below par, Justin an accident waiting to happen. Sloppy passing everywhere. We employed the same tactics as against Man City, we were well organised at all times and hung in there, got a bit of luck too it's fair to say. However things started to change when David Luiz went off injured. He was dictating a lot of good play for them despite being a defender. Arsenal we're getting more tired and visibly frustrated. Vardy came on and we added more threat in the wide areas, the subs worked a treat. No doubt we'll play this way next time we play a 'big6' side. Brendan's master plan worked again here but I feel like it's a risky one to employ and one day we'll come unstuck..

Honestly, I thought we were fkin shite for 60 mins. Fuchs terrible, Praet and Tielemans well below par, Justin an accident waiting to happen. Sloppy passing everywhere. We employed the same tactics as against Man City, we were well organised at all times and hung in there, got a bit of luck too it's fair to say. However things started to change when David Luiz went off injured. He was dictating a lot of good play for them despite being a defender. Arsenal we're getting more tired and visibly frustrated. Vardy came on and we added more threat in the wide areas, the subs worked a treat. No doubt we'll play this way next time we play a 'big6' side. Brendan's master plan worked again here but I feel like it's a risky one to employ and one day we'll come unstuck..
We’ve already picked up more wins against the “big six” then we did all last season.

We’ve already picked up more wins against the “big six” then we did all last season.
Indeed. It' good management. Brendan said as much against Man City that after last season he needed to find another way to get results in these games..

That’s the result I’ve been waiting for all my life.

My old man born in the London area was a childhood Arsenal fan. I wonder what he would have made of this? He might have pretended he was impartial but I’ve seen him cheer a Leicester goal against Arsenal before .

Can you have two teams? I could never support another team but I guess his old man never took him to the football like he used to take me.

Let’s not pretend it was some kind of tactical genius plan. It was a bollockless lineup, and we massively rode our luck throughout the match.

But what a goal. Great pass from Tielemans, fantastic cross from Under, and a quality finish.

Under has already done more for us this season than Perez has.
It's easy to "not pretend it was some kind of tactical genius plan", because it was some kind of tactical genius plan. Similar to the Man City game really - and seeing as Arteta would have many similar pages in his playbook to Guardiola, it made sense to play in a similar way. So, in summary, it was a tactically genius plan.

It's easy to "not pretend it was some kind of tactical genius plan", because it was some kind of tactical genius plan. Similar to the Man City game really - and seeing as Arteta would have many similar pages in his playbook to Guardiola, it made sense to play in a similar way. So, in summary, it was a tactically genius plan.
The Man City game completely was. This one was different.

I’m absolutely delighted with the win. But we couldn’t have complained if we had been 3-0 down by the time Vardy scored.

The Man City game completely was. This one was different.

I’m absolutely delighted with the win. But we couldn’t have complained if we had been 3-0 down by the time Vardy scored.
I think you must have been watching a different game. I can't remember 3 half chances Arsenal had, let along proper goal scoring ones. They had the ball, but. hardly. did anything with it.

I think you must have been watching a different game. I can't remember 3 half chances Arsenal had, let along proper goal scoring ones. They had the ball, but. hardly. did anything with it.
Yes, I think you and City Fan were watching different games. Arsenal had a number of half or fluffed chances, including times when it seemed easier to score than not. I think it fair to say that we rode our luck.

Our transitions and attacking play against Manchester City FC was on another level to anything yesterday.

The performances were nothing like each other.

I lost count of the amount of times we quickly got In behind Manchester City FC and caused them trouble. No such intent against Arsenal.

Not similar imo.

Glass half full, I like it.
Apart from the result which is all that matters.

Fantastic approach from Bodgers yet again.

1 point off the top after 6 games and with numerous key players missing... Doesn't seem much to be disappointed about atm

Did I mention that I ****ing HATE Arsenal?

What a lovely Monday morning it has been revisiting all of this.
A few special mentions, Mendy and Tielemans outstanding. Fofana is an absolute machine. I already love him. Oh and that skinny old lad up front. What an absolute top class striker and legend he is. Marvellous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363