Post Match Arsenal 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not pretend it was some kind of tactical genius plan. It was a bollockless lineup, and we massively rode our luck throughout the match.

But what a goal. Great pass from Tielemans, fantastic cross from Under, and a quality finish.

Under has already done more for us this season than Perez has.

That's bollocks. Brendan got the game plan right and it went according to his plan.

Could it have gone differently? Of course. And that's a risk you always take in that kind of tactic. But we restricted their clear cut chances, Kasper made good saves, and we found our moments to take advantage

BR has been naiive in these games before, today he tried something different and it paid off. He deserves praise for that

Very similar to the Man City game. Some of the guys were a bit disappointing, some did well. Arsenal bossed it for 60 mins or so but gradually things happened and you just knew we might be able to nick it. Luiz going off, Vardy coming on, Arsenal getting increasingly frustrated. Man of the match either Fofana or Maddison tonight...

Maddison worked very hard without the ball, brilliant. Praet off the pace a little and actually Tielemans too. Mendy though? Wow. Fofana, Evans and Fuchs all did great work and Justin and Timmy on the wings worked so well. But here's the thing. Imagine Leicester City without James Vardy? He's literally unbelievable. I just knew we'd score, so did the commentators. Legend. #vardygoal.

Maddison worked very hard without the ball, brilliant. Praet off the pace a little and actually Tielemans too. Mendy though? Wow. Fofana, Evans and Fuchs all did great work and Justin and Timmy on the wings worked so well. But here's the thing. Imagine Leicester City without James Vardy? He's literally unbelievable. I just knew we'd score, so did the commentators. Legend. #vardygoal.

Absolute hero.

Ooooh that ****ing goal! I love goals like that, you can shove the tippy tappy bollocks in the penalty area. Tielemans took the whole Arsenal side out with two touches and what lovely cross by Under to put it on a plate.

Pass, cross, back of the net. Perfect, such quality.

Great goal

Shit game

Lucky manager

Small team mentality

Incorrectly disallowed goal

Premier league is shit

Absolutely brilliant smash and grab.

Vardy is god as ever.

Ünder with a great assist too. Hopefully he kicks on from this too and gets into the side.

I was just having a rant to myself about Youri taking a touch and going back to Evans again when he could have gone forward then he plays a glorious pass like that, makes all the frustration worth it ...

nice first time cross by Under, many would have shot so good to see him make the right choice

Youri is quickly becoming indispensable for us. He makes absolutely everything tick.

Fofana is going to the absolute top. What a signing.

Signing Mendy on a free transfer was an incredibly astute bit of business, he’s been routinely excellent.

And a quick word for Fuchs. Two games in a week at that stage in his career, and to slot in as well as he did. He’s a club legend and the best left back the club has ever had.

If Under, Fofana and Castagne can stay at this level? Then add in Wilf, Ricardo and Soyuncu? ****ing hell.

I loved seeing Ünder get an assist too - nice cross, and the kind of ball we've missed from wingers tbh

Until the subs it was like watching more of the Wolves Newcastle game that was on before. It would've been easy to be happy with a point and stick to the 5-5-0 formation. Fair play to Kojak for going for it.

Let’s not pretend it was some kind of tactical genius plan. It was a bollockless lineup, and we massively rode our luck throughout the match.
And yet, three points. ”Bollockless” is a new word on me, but I feel like I instinctively understand it.

Today, I was playing The Outer Worlds on my PS4. My third play through. As I approached a marauder camp, I knew I had two choices: run at them spraying my machine gun all over the place and risk getting killed immediately (lot of bollocks in that option), or the more pragmatic approach of taking cover behind some convenient crates and taking them by surprise. Because I had this spanking new modified weapon, and it was only a handful of marauders and their pet canids, I felt confident enough to use the first approach, but it turns out this confidence was misplaced and I died in seconds. Fortunately for me, when you die on The Outer Worlds, you get to try again, and taking cover behind the crates was far more effective.

However, Rodgers does not have an option to load up his last save, nor does he have a plasma machine gun or stolen power armour — hasn’t even got a spaceship, so I’m told. What he has is a heavily depleted squad, so the pragmatic, tactical approach is his best option.

Fofana does still look brilliant doesn't he.

Definitely fits a back 3 well though. As I commented on the other day, there were times again in this game where his closing the ball down had him further forward than our whole midfield.

Not a problem if he has the right players around him though, and it's hard to believe he's only 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363