Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans = old and knackered. I fear his best days are behind him.

I said the same thing about him early last season., often he seemed to be playing five yards behind the rest of the defenders, as though he was worried about his lack of pace. But he seemed to improve as the season went on.

Maybe the heat affected him today.

Same set up exactly as home to Brentford for away to Arsenal? Is that really the best you can do?

So Southampton and everyone else will know our starting line-up and 'plan' for the game.

A stat for the xG lovers out there.

This season so far - guess who has our highest xG? Answer = Fofana.

Guess what Vardy's xG is in 164 minutes? Answer = 0.00.

In other news, that's 28 shots against in two games with 6 conceded.

We have a bloated squad.
We have a manager that seems to have gone stale.
We have a number of very talented players.
We seem to have hit a brick wall.

I don't see a change of manager as a solution as I think we could quite easily end up with someone worse.

I don't know what the answer is.

Praet = much better than Tielemans and did okay.

Before their fourth? goal, the ball was passed to him, and he just waited for it to come to him rather than meet it. They intercepted and scored. This is the kind of thing the some players from other leagues do (Soumare is like this too). They're not used to being closed down so quickly so they think they've got more time than they have.

We have a bloated squad.
We have a number of very talented players.
We seem to have hit a brick wall.

I don't see a change of manager as a solution as I think we could quite easily end up with someone worse.

I don't know what the answer is.

Spot on assessment.

However the answer is to shake the squad up. We have to make some changes.

Ward = nowhere near good enough for a PL side with some self respect. Must replace.
Castagne = solid again - two good performances.
Fofana = looked like his head was gone a bit today. Trying too hard and going wandering too much.
Amartey = clumsy and weak again. No good.
Justin = better than last week, seemed fitter.
Ndidi = ditto to Justin.
Tielemans = excellent last week, awful today. Not in the game at all.
Dewsbury-Hall = poor. Not strong enough, passing not good enough.
Maddison = struggled to influence the game but did okay.
Vardy = anonymous and was lucky to stay on as long as he did.

Daka = looked livelier and worked hard.
Iheanacho = seemed on it and nearly created more.

Rodgers = set piece shite again. Same set up exactly as home to Brentford for away to Arsenal? Is that really the best you can do? Changes were better today. I hope you're hammering the team for their mistakes in the dressing room right now.
Agree with every word of this.

BR:

We started well. Jesus world class striker. Their second goal was unfortunate.

Second half we kill our own momentum twice. Lack of experience from some players at this level.

Players gave everything on extremely hot day. We have to play certain way because of the profile of players we have because we have no wingers.

Cannot question desire of players and we were competitive but we gave away poor goals. Couldn't press harder due to formation we played.

Told you they would score 4ish

Yeah. But on the basis of that logic no manager would ever be changed.

Maybe the 2-2 with Brentford was a good result after all.....

At the final whistle, Fofana headed straight towards the tunnel.

BR stopped him and had a word.

Fofana then went over to the City fans alone to applaud them.

Ward = nowhere near good enough for a PL side with some self respect. Must replace.
Castagne = solid again - two good performances.
Fofana = looked like his head was gone a bit today. Trying too hard and going wandering too much.
Amartey = clumsy and weak again. No good.
Justin = better than last week, seemed fitter.
Ndidi = ditto to Justin.
Tielemans = excellent last week, awful today. Not in the game at all.
Dewsbury-Hall = poor. Not strong enough, passing not good enough.
Maddison = struggled to influence the game but did okay.
Vardy = anonymous and was lucky to stay on as long as he did.

Daka = looked livelier and worked hard.
Iheanacho = seemed on it and nearly created more.

Rodgers = set piece shite again. Same set up exactly as home to Brentford for away to Arsenal? Is that really the best you can do? Changes were better today. I hope you're hammering the team for their mistakes in the dressing room right now.
Praet was laughably shit for thir 4th. He had no idea what was going on around him. Iheanacho played a blinder for our goal, after that he was back to his clumsy, clown like self. The rest other than Ward, who made a bad mistake, I grant you, I pretty much agree with.

We were weak both physically and mentally. We played some realy good stuff at times and I think the scoreline flattered them rather than us but we were so poor defensively it's unreal. We just didn't have any idea how to be organised at the back. We need a CB and a winger without doubt but I still say we are crying out for another striker. Vardy will get better I am sure but Iheanacho and Daka aren't the answer to any questions we have hanging over us; they're both shambolic for the most part.

Last week, I placed no blame at all on the players. This week, Rodgers needs to be tearing them a new one. They were making stupid decisions and getting some of the basics totally wrong. Despite this, I have seen enough in the last two games to know that we will be absolutely fine this season. I think we need to resign ourselves to 12th or so and continue our investment in infrastructure. The manager will be gone within a month I reckon, whether he walks or is pushed and I have no idea if this will be a good thing or not if I am honest. It does feel like something needs a change in direction though, either the management or the squad selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4694
3Leeds Utd4691
4Southampton4685
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4671
8Middlesbro4667