Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And please do come back with some hilarious reference to bedwetting or something

We are genuoneky ****ed here

If you cant see it you're a ****ing idiot
Yep. If after two games you can't see that we, as a club, are ruined then you are indeed, a ****ing idiot. Or some other wibble.

Yep. If after two games you can't see that we, as a club, are ruined then you are indeed, a ****ing idiot. Or some other wibble.
You may be looking at just the last two games. Others of us are looking at the bigger picture.

We have a number of very talented players.
This is a genuine question. I'm not being argumentative and I'm not saying that all our players are shit.

How many very talented players do we currently have?

I think we look very vulnerable. You can make that judgement early.

I often use the example of 2010. At half time at Palace on the opening day, it was clear that Sousa wasn't going to work. It took 45 minutes to know that we were ****ed with him in charge. So, there is no such thing as too soon.

BR has plenty of goodwill in the bank still. He's a capable manager who has made a lot of mistakes over the last year or so but has proved that he can turn around performances and get results. Even if there were no financial consequences to sacking him, I wouldn't want us to do it.

Last week, I was angry with BR for deliberately not making changes to make a point about his squad. I think that was justified. Today, I just feel sympathy for him not being given some fresh impetus to shake things up a bit. Every manager needs that. Especially one that has been around a few years.

The club have made a total fecking mess of this summer. That's partially due to decisions made by BR but mostly not. For the first time in a long time, questions need to be asked of Rudkin, Whelan and Top. They're letting us down.

Do we all need to be a little more patient? If we can move on Soumare, Vestergaard and Perez, will we then be able to make a couple of additions that would make a difference?

This is a genuine question. I'm not being argumentative and I'm not saying that all our players are shit.

How many very talented players do we currently have?
I'd argue 6 or 7 top level players (when I say top I mean top end of the premiership).

I often use the example of 2010. At half time at Palace on the opening day, it was clear that Sousa wasn't going to work. It took 45 minutes to know that we were ****ed with him in charge. So, there is no such thing as too soon.

BR has plenty of goodwill in the bank still. He's a capable manager who has made a lot of mistakes over the last year or so but has proved that he can turn around performances and get results. Even if there were no financial consequences to sacking him, I wouldn't want us to do it.

Last week, I was angry with BR for deliberately not making changes to make a point about his squad. I think that was justified. Today, I just feel sympathy for him not being given some fresh impetus to shake things up a bit. Every manager needs that. Especially one that has been around a few years.

The club have made a total fecking mess of this summer. That's partially due to decisions made by BR but mostly not. For the first time in a long time, questions need to be asked of Rudkin, Whelan and Top. They're letting us down.
Fickle wanker

We have more than enough talent to be ok in this league. The problem is we seem to have hit a brick wall.

For me Brendan needs to get Praet, Albrighton, Soyuncu and Iheanacho into the side and go back to a back four.

I agree with a lot of this to be fair. We do look very vulnerable but I have seen enough to not be concerned about relegation. There are other teams as, if not much more vulnerable than us. You are right though, I think BR is capable and if he'd just stop making the same mistakes he will get us back on track, as he has done more than once. Unlike Sousa's disasterous first games, there were positives to take out of both games but we need to build on these. That goodwill is beginning to pour instead of seep away at the moment.

I honestly don't know what to think about the club you know. I still think they are doing the right thing in not throwing money at signings when we clearly cannot afford to fall foul of FFP. I also think their investment in infratucture at this juncture is exactly the right approach. I do however, think that they need to find inventive ways of allowing us to stretch our salary budget as many clubs do and although it is impossible to know, I do get the feeling they have been soft in not holding BR more to account when things aren't going in the right direction.

We have more than enough talent to be ok in this league. The problem is we seem to have hit a brick wall.

For me Brendan needs to get Praet, Albrighton, Soyuncu and Iheanacho into the side and go back to a back four.
The manager is coaching us worse.

His wank tactics don't suit us and he's too pig headed to just play the way we should.

Whenever we score it's when we just play it with pace and directness.

Praet is not the answer. He was absolutely appalling for their fourth today. Neither is Iheanacho really. Okay, he did really well for our goal but let's be honest, he was a clown after that. I don't see how on earth Soyuncu is left out over Amartey however, especially after the frst game.

Whenever we score it's when we just play it with pace and directness.
I agree. This is why Praet and Soumare won't work for us. We need width and pacey width at that. It's scandalous that we haven't addressed this. I think we have really missed Barnes these last 2 games.

Rodgers should be in the bin. Expensive but what’s the cost of relegation?

Again Redknapp looks utterly destroyed.

Big club ****

This and the thing about not having any wingers....we've needed more wide players since he joined the club. Last summer he could've tried signing a wide player but instead opted for shite. Pretty sure at Liverpool and Celtic he went down the route of blaming owners for his crap decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669