Pre Match Arsenal v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

With all the drama of the last 24 hours, will this have any effect on NP and the team?

I suspect we will go to park the bus, but I don't think we'll come away with anything.

Hamer

De Laet > Wasilewski > Morgan > Konchesky

Mahrez > Cambiasso > James > Drinkwater > Schlupp

Ulloa

Oh and the ref is Mike Jones. He's not refereed a game in the Premiership since that performance on New Years Day at Anfield.

Looking forward to the pre-match press conference this afternoon....

I would go with:

Schwarzer

Simpson/Wasilewski/Huth/Schlupp

Albrighton/James/Cambiasso/Hammond/Mahrez

Kramaric

I would go with:

Schwarzer

Simpson/Wasilewski/Huth/Schlupp

Albrighton/James/Cambiasso/Hammond/Mahrez

Kramaric

I like that, a reasonably athletic back 4 and set up to rinse them on the break. City Fan in.

Parking the bus will result in a morale smashing defeat that is useless to everyone concerned.

Spurs showed what can be done against Arsenal if you get at them.

Hopefully the events from last night have a galvanizing effect of the team and we can put in a top performance.

id like to see Huth Albrighton and Kramaric start, we are unlikely to get anything here but the past 24 hours tells you its a funny old game, you just never know, i also think parking the bus will result in a hammering, im just going to hope we survive the inevitable onslaught with credit intact

We should also try winning the ball in tackles around the edge of the box, seeing as we can't defend set pieces.

Anybody remember the score at Goodison the day after the club said they weren't sacking Matt Gillies?

Anybody remember the score at Goodison the day after the club said they weren't sacking Matt Gillies?

As I recall we got hammered. 5 -0 or such like? Leading to Gillies (one of our very few great managers) getting the sack.

The only thing I can think of that Nigel has in common with Gillies is that they were both centre halves. In fact Gillies was our centre half when I first attended on a regular basis.

2-0 win for us kramaric and mahrez

id like to see Huth Albrighton and Kramaric start, we are unlikely to get anything here but the past 24 hours tells you its a funny old game, you just never know, i also think parking the bus will result in a hammering, im just going to hope we survive the inevitable onslaught with credit intact

Best to park two buses; one not likely to be enough.

Players need to replicate Nigel's capacity for aggression - no surrender!

Depends what you mean by park the bus

If you mean sitting back in our own half and waiting for them to come onto you, then we will get murdered

If you mean putting an extra body in deep midfield in an attempt to get in amongst them and disrupt their obvious creativity, and then attack on the counter, then it's our only hope of avoiding a thrashing

As it is, I expect them to be far too good for us, whatever our set up. We are where we are

5 man midfield for me, including Cambiasso and Hammond.

Cambiasso----------------James
--------------Hammond---------

Last edited:
As I recall we got hammered. 5 -0 or such like? Leading to Gillies (one of our very few great managers) getting the sack.

The only thing I can think of that Nigel has in common with Gillies is that they were both centre halves. In fact Gillies was our centre half when I first attended on a regular basis.

Not quite. The board gave a vote of confidence in Gilles but sacked his coach. Gillies then walked out. City lost 7-1 at Everton the following day - Rodney Fern got the one IIRC and I felt suicidal on the way home.

Gillies and Niigel also have the Nottingham connection.

Not quite. The board gave a vote of confidence in Gilles but sacked his coach. Gillies then walked out. City lost 7-1 at Everton the following day - Rodney Fern got the one IIRC and I felt suicidal on the way home.

As I wrote this, I suddenly hoped that Nigel does not use this afternoon's press conference to announce his departure. He must be feeling pretty pissed off at the moment.

Thanks. Yes - Gillies was a man of integrity. Rodney Fern? - cousin of David Nish I think. He was a player for whom the anthem 'He's here, he's there. he's every f...ing where' may have been invented.

Ulloa has to be dropped in my opinion - was absolutely awful against Palace.

I'd take Nugent out for an extra midfielder and have Kramaric in for Ulloa.

Thanks. Yes - Gillies was a man of integrity. Rodney Fern? - cousin of David Nish I think. He was a player for whom the anthem 'He's here, he's there. he's every f...ing where' may have been invented.

Rodney 'Flicker' Fern - eh ? He scored goal with an overhead kick (against Birmingham I think) on the first home game of the season one year which sent us all crazy - mostly in disbelief! Happy, happy days!

Ulloa has to be dropped in my opinion - was absolutely awful against Palace.

I'd take Nugent out for an extra midfielder and have Kramaric in for Ulloa.

Ulloa gets dropped all the time anyway. One of either Vardy or Nugent will probably start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669