Post Match Aston Villa 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the league. There can be no one here who is disappointed with that. There are however things to consider after that performance:

1. We are so desperately short of striking options when we need to freshen things up. Ulloa is simply not good enough at all.

2. Mahrez really looks like he needs a break. We were down to 10 men all game; Ulloa added nothing.

3. As good as Okazaki is in patches, he really does need to stay on his feet more.

Who cares. We're top of the Premier League. I still can't really believe it.

Our last 15 away matches:

Pld 15 W 9 D 5 L 1

Who can complain at a below par draw?

Not me. Fair enough boys, let's cheer on Stoke tomorrow and stay on top.

Plenty will be along to complain. Feckin ridiculous.

Probably our worst performance of the season but we got a point and we go top. If we are going to play that poorly we may as well do so against Villa rather than against somebody good. We were a long ball team today which was disappointing, but it's one match. On quality of chances we should have won. Mahrez with the penalty and Drinkwater from a few yards out late in the second half.

Bear in mind that we played a day later than Villa this week with much more difficult opposition. I'd have taken four points from our two fixtures this week and I can't imagine many would have refused that if offered. The first team players will have a week's rest now and the next league fixture as a winnable home game.

That it has taken until game 22 for me to be disappointed with a Leicester City performances is remarkable. We are top of the Premier League in mid January. Be very happy indeed.

If you're a glass half full person, we're top of the freaking league - at least for 24 hours.

If you're a glass half empty person, it's only 22¾ hours.

Man City failed to pick up 3 there too and should Utd fail to win tomorrow we've still got a great cushion to fifth. Really thought the problem today would be scoring so once we got the goal thought we'd be ok. Spirited performance from them, but thought we looked extremely shaky

Worst peformance of the season by far, against an embarrassingly awful team.

Mahrez, Albrighton, Drinkwater, Huth all dreadful, and I'm afraid Ulloa is complete wank.

Mahrez stank the whole place out. He was terrible.

Bad decision from Claudio to let Mahrez take the pen.
Bad decision from Claudio to take off Shinji
Ridiculous decision from Claudio to bring on De Laet

Villa are complete shite, and we made them look almost competent.

Two points tossed down the shitter

Worst decisions by CR so far this season - but we still come away with a point away from home and four points from Villa this season. Oh, and we're top of the motherfucking league.

All told, despite guests interrupting my viewing, I'm ****ing made up. But then I've drunk four beers and taken mind altering drugs...but the good kind of mind altering drugs that make me feel all positive and shit.

Oh no, they're wearing off. Ulloa and Mahrez need to get their shit together.

oh no, they've totally worn off. Ranieri out.

Just read this stat on the BBC website:

"Leicester have now been top of the Premier League table for 33 days this season, the same number of days that Spurs have been top of the Premier League table since its inception in 1992"

I thought Spurs were a "big" club.
Awesome :D

Worst peformance of the season by far, against an embarrassingly awful team.

Mahrez, Albrighton, Drinkwater, Huth all dreadful, and I'm afraid Ulloa is complete wank.

Mahrez stank the whole place out. He was terrible.

Bad decision from Claudio to let Mahrez take the pen.
Bad decision from Claudio to take off Shinji
Ridiculous decision from Claudio to bring on De Laet

Villa are complete shite, and we made them look almost competent.

Two points tossed down the shitter

Absolutely spot on Homer, although I thought Drinky had a decent game, Albrighton looks in need of a break, but in the grand scheme of things can't complain too much, last season a performance like that would have ended in defeat, however I hope that Claudio will go out and buy another striker as Ulloa is awful, his control and lack of pace is shocking. Also Mahrez needs a rocket, the penalty summed up recent performances from him far too casual, he needs to forget the hype and get his mojo back.

Claudio's poorest game by fair today, to take Shinji off completely handed the initiative to Villa and allowed them to put us under pressure, however we were lucky to escape with the point. Hopefully Schlupp will be available soon and we will options to mix it up a little as our wingers look tired and stale. Time to freshen it up a little Claudio.

That 2nd half was a ****ing insult to football.

We just gave one of the worst teams in Premier League history a big dollop of massively underserved respect.

I'm taking the game in isolation and our attitude and approach yo leading by one goal was utterly abysmal.

If we get through in the FA Cup I half expect us to let Colchester dictate the game and hope to play shit balls to Vardy.

Why have we changed our attitude so massively since just before the Liverpool game?

Are we allowed to be disappointed that we're not three points clear?

Only if you are equally as elated that we are there at all.

In all seriousness, regardless of the fact that this has been an incredible season and we have been absolutely wonderful to watch, there is nothing wrong with criticising a performance. We were poor today. Individuals were off their game. We did blow a chance to pick up 2 more points. These are the facts and they are indisputable.

I think we are breathtakingly effective this year and have been utterly brilliant overall. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have a right to criticise what is plainly a poor display, even if that is comparative only to this season's efforts.

We cannot start with the same front three again in the next league game.. They have all been of firm since before the Liverpool game. Gray had to start. I'm assuming Okazaki had a knock and that's why he came off. Should have brought Gray or King on then.

However you look at it that was two points dropped. I'm really pissed off. They were there for the taking at 1-0 and we didn't take advantage.

That 2nd half was a ****ing insult to football.

We just gave one of the worst teams in Premier League history a big dollop of massively underserved respect.

I'm taking the game in isolation and our attitude and approach yo leading by one goal was utterly abysmal.

If we get through in the FA Cup I half expect us to let Colchester dictate the game and hope to play shit balls to Vardy.

Why have we changed our attitude so massively since just before the Liverpool game?

Agree with every word mate.

We're managing our way through the matches at the moment. There are too many games for us to go flying out of the traps every match. It simply isn't sustainable or sensible. In addition, our two match winners are well below their best so playing a more adventurous style would currently just lead us to lose games in my opinion.

From Everton onwards, we're doing what we have to in order to maximise our results. That's good management.

What is blindingly obvious is that our back up forward players aren't good enough. I'd also add that we're really missing Schlupp too. He would have offered us a better alternative several times recently.

Not sure we have intended to really. There were passes that would've come off a few weeks ago that went out of play. There were chances for Vardy to run the ball beyond the defender as normal but today the ball hit it off their legs. I think any team above 20th in the league deserves to be disappointed at not beating Villa, we'll not have an off day like that again methinks.

We're managing our way through the matches at the moment. There are too many games for us to go flying out of the traps every match. It simply isn't sustainable or sensible. In addition, our two match winners are well below their best so playing a more adventurous style would currently just lead us to lose games in my opinion.

From Everton onwards, we're doing what we have to in order to maximise our results. That's good management.

What is blindingly obvious is that our back up forward players aren't good enough. I'd also add that we're really missing Schlupp too. He would have offered us a better alternative several times recently.
Back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670