Post Match Aston Villa 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Mahrez has been shocking for a few games. Time to rotate a few and freshen it up.

Absolutely spot on Homer, although I thought Drinky had a decent game, Albrighton looks in need of a break, but in the grand scheme of things can't complain too much, last season a performance like that would have ended in defeat, however I hope that Claudio will go out and buy another striker as Ulloa is awful, his control and lack of pace is shocking. Also Mahrez needs a rocket, the penalty summed up recent performances from him far too casual, he needs to forget the hype and get his mojo back.

Claudio's poorest game by fair today, to take Shinji off completely handed the initiative to Villa and allowed them to put us under pressure, however we were lucky to escape with the point. Hopefully Schlupp will be available soon and we will options to mix it up a little as our wingers look tired and stale. Time to freshen it up a little Claudio.

I have been impressed by Claudio's tactical substitutions this season and believe they have won or secured us valuable points - Today - against AV of all teams - he got it rather badly wrong. Still - Top of the league!

Just watched MOTD - the penalty looks even poorer now than before. Their goal should not have stood - definite handball in the build up which gave him an advantage. We missed a lot of chances today. Huth had a poor game today.

Although some players were not at their best, at least everyone put in a shift except Mahrez.

He seems to have forgotten how we got to where we are. He needs a big kick up the arse. I would drop him from the squad for the next league game. Give his place to someone prepared to put the effort in.

We're playing like all we do in training is defensive work and short corner practice. All well and good if you keep clean sheets but here we are conceding against the worst team in the league.

We've lost a lot of that attacking verve that we had in the early part of the season. That's not just based on today but on the last six weeks or so. There are problems starting to surface and Claudio needs to sort it out.

Top of the league so no real complaints but there are some red flags cropping up.

Although some players were not at their best, at least everyone put in a shift except Mahrez.

He seems to have forgotten how we got to where we are. He needs a big kick up the arse. I would drop him from the squad for the next league game. Give his place to someone prepared to put the effort in.

I made the exact same point after the Spurs game but apparently it doesn't matter if he doesn't put the effort in because he's a flair player.

Rather drop points against a relegated side than a competitor too I suppose.

This was my view after I'd calmed down on reading the result/report, this morning.

It's hard not to be disappointed, we are rightfully being credited as title contenders. A title contender would have finished them off. We have realistic targets to persue though and 4 away points keeps us in contention.

RIP brother Neil.

Sorry we couldn't get the 3 points for you today but we'll get top 4 come the end of the year and you can guide us from above next season.

Sleep easy! x

Disappointed we didnt win when we had the chance, but a good lesson to prevent us from thinking we have some sort of divine right to win. It will stand us in good stead for tests against Stoke and Liverpool coming up soon.

all the recent issues arose
Mahrez looked tired but can come back.
Vardy got manful support from okazaki but we need someone to compliment him better and really supply him with space
Kante/Drinwater were great but need to get some goals to take pressure off Vardy.

I think Schlupp, Dimi Gray and Matt James will be VITAL to reinvigorate the side as we aim to stay involved until the end of the season. Schlupp will stretch defences, allow fuchs and the others to overlap and generally make us more of a threat.
James was a driving force in the last 10 of last season and can add to the squad.
Gray can give us some xfactor

Shane Long would be a great signing for us now Saints have Austin. PACE. We cant see much more of Ulloa looking like he has his boots on the wrong feet and needing 3 touches when 1 is needed. Not when so much is at stake.

Still dont think we should have sold Nugent who was a better link man last year than anyone we currently have on the books.

Nobody within the club thinks, nor shows any evidence of acting like we have a divine right to beat any team. Showing the opposition too much respect is why we lost two points today.

Nugent is not the answer and would not improve our squad.

What did everyone think of Gray when he came on? His first league appearance wasn't it?

He didn't have long, but his first contribution was wriggling into the penalty area and causing havoc. He looks very promising.

4 points in a week and stillin the cup is a good week,although some players look jaded ,the mad fixture schedule is almost done (and weve come through ok)

I don't think anyone is being fickle or not accepting how fantastic a season we are having, just providing an honest assessment of the game and performances as a single entity. We have come through three tough away games in a week and as the hectic December and New Year schedule comes to an end and we are top and managing to grind out results without playing anywhere near the levels we were displaying earlier in the season....sign of a good team.

I do think we need a couple more additions to the squad in January, we desperately need another striker to take some of the workload off Vardy and Shinji as Ulloa is not the answer IMO, and hopefully Amartey can come in to support Kante and Drinky.

All in all we are in a fantastic position and whilst we have dropped points at home to Bournemouth and away to Villa, so are teams like City, Arsenal and Spurs. We have another tough mini run of games and if we can come through this still in with a shout of the title then I really believe we could challenge to the very end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566