Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to be a bitter fan.

Fair play to Villa. Their keeper was MOTM tonight and their game plan worked well over both legs. I think they deserve credit.

But it could've been so, so different had we taken just some of our chances!

I’m really angry about that. We look fragile. For all the possession and shots, and can’t remember a really good goalscoring chance after their opener other than the equaliser.

It was a cowardly performance. We shrank as soon as we conceded. We shrink when we play either bigger clubs, or sides who have a bit of a go. That Newcastle and West Ham fit neither criterion is why they’re the sides we’ve beaten since Christmas.

We have a big game mentality problem. Have we won one this season?

Probably not but enjoy the champions league next season.

Oh man. That's Leicester City for you.

Not the time to lay into the players, performance or anything else. They'll all be gutted beyond belief.

We were the better side in both games but failed to win either. They took their few chances, we wasted our many chances.

Could still be the second best season in our history. Need to regroup and learn from this.

Another keeper MotM and we lose.
Oh well, forget it and focus on Chelsea on Saturday

We put out our best side and we can't beat a shit show like Villa. I give fair praise where it's due but they are near relegation for **** sake! Utter, utter ****ing shite.

Gray was obviously told to cover Grealish more on the right - we were too scared of him getting the ball rather than someone else putting the cross in.

Very similar problem to the first goal where the only player we wanted to pay attention to was Grealish.

I’m gutted. Some players didn’t perform. We missed chances should have had a pen etc.

But the whole semi-final was symptomatic of the performance of a young team, not stepping up for the occasion. If we finish top four, or get to the latter stages of the FA Cup, we’ll need to find some bottle and intelligence.

We can't play the game of football when teams press us, we are too soft.

Any manager who isn't a completely useless **** can work us out.

A turgid, desperate team like Villa have just done us over two legs and we didn't look like we could deal with it.

We went 1-1 but instead of enforcing ourselves on the game like most teams would we just went straight back to playing like little girls.

I worry for us a bit now as we seem way too fragile

Oh man. That's Leicester City for you.

Not the time to lay into the players, performance or anything else. They'll all be gutted beyond belief.

We were the better side in both games but failed to win either. They took their few chances, we wasted our many chances.

Could still be the second best season in our history. Need to regroup and learn from this.
Excellent stuff.

We lost every physical challenge, were incapable of getting the ball into their box, too many long shots. No sense of urgency.

Villa let us have the ball where we couldn't hurt them and were dangerous on the break.

Seriously though, I’m gutted to lose a semi final like that but thank the sweet baby jebus that we didn’t get to Wembley because we would have taken a very long, slow, painful mauling to the biggest **** of a football club in the universe. The poor mites couldn’t handle the noise generated by several fat, ginger cuppa soup drinking bindippers.... I think when faced with a competitive final Ayoze Perez might actually just pull his shorts down and start crying....

The real game is on Saturday, this is the least significant blip in our season.

Holy shit Gray is standing off elMohamedy like the man’s been paid to do so.
Gray needs to go. He’s had long enough and as far as I’m concerned he’s nowhere near prem level.

Forget it. In the grand scheme of things it’s third prize behind a CL spot and the FA Cup, both of which we have a crack at. Every Villa fan would swap their team’s position for ours right now without any hesitation. We made too many errors and we could have blown them away but we didn’t and that’s that. It’s now much more important how we respond and how Rodgers picks them up in time for the Chelsea game.

Any swagger we had is gone. Different team since Everton at home. What has happened to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566