Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gutted. Some players didn’t perform. We missed chances should have had a pen etc.

But the whole semi-final was symptomatic of the performance of a young team, not stepping up for the occasion. If we finish top four, or get to the latter stages of the FA Cup, we’ll need to find some bottle and intelligence.
Glyn that is the crux of the matter when it gets to the crunch Barnes and Perez go missing, it was not difficult to see it tonight. Grealish played in the middle and just scanned to see whether our wingers were coming back, he simply ran over to the side where they were not (usually both) and they doubled up hence the first goal. My main concern is that our team lacks the desire to roll their socks up and earn the right to win.

Probably not but enjoy the champions league next season.

They’ll have another year in them by then, and BR will hopefully bring some experience in to help them along.

But this season, which has obviously been brilliant, has revealed us to have glaring weakness on big occasions. I don’t know really if it’s mentality or set up.

I don’t buy that we’ve been unlucky. I didn’t come away from either game feeling we ought to have won based on the performance. And I don’t go in for the idea that we are unfortunate because we missed chances. You’re not supposed to miss them. Doing so isn’t unlucky. It’s as shit as misplacing a pass or dropping it over your goal line.

I didn’t think we played as badly as most do. We’ve been the better side over two legs....but we’ve been mugged.

Two keepers had very different games.

I have two concerns: we lose all of our “big games” and we always look like conceding at the moment.

Holy shit Gray is standing off elMohamedy like the man’s been paid to do so.
Gray needs to go. He’s had long enough and as far as I’m concerned he’s nowhere near prem level.

And yet our manager put him on the pitch at a critical moment in the game.

Absolute ****ing madness

Absolutely no mental strength or courage to be seen anywhere in this squad. Thats the most worrying part. Only play well when things go for us, incapable of finding an answer when anyone with a bit of grit takes us on. Watch what happens now...thay'll be as weak as **** in the next few games as they implode & feel sorry for themselves.

I'd back Cov or Brum to put us out of the FA Cup now. We're going to spiral.

& it doesn't look like we're bringing in anyone who might have the steel to arrest the slide either.

How the **** has Gray been here 4 years? We must be the softest touch in football when it comes to putting up with twats who are clearly not ****ing good enough.

Throwback performance that was. To the completely unreliable LCFC I grew up with.

I was at Harlow.

It feels like that.

Oh sweet giver of nicotine I’ve just remembered the fags I hid in the garage at Christmas.

Hands in the air emoji x 3

Before the game I would have taken a win against Chelsea instead of winning this.

I was toying with the idea of not having a beer because it's mid=week. But I thought '**** it, it's a semi final, we're likely to win and I'll feel okay with the headache in the morning".
I am possibly the biggest ****ing twat I know.

Massive over reaction on here. We are third in the Premier league and 16 points clear of 5th. Some of you need to take a slow walk down the garden and back.

Obviously people are reacting with emotion. It’s gutting, especially the manner of it. But we do have a problem when things go against us or we are in high profile matches.

Our league position is fantastic. I’m loving this season. But we really ought to have made a cup final and that’s not an opportunity that comes around for us very often.

What is wrong with people - it was a ****ing League cup semi final FFS

Are we now such an entitled bunch of privileged twats that we just shrug our shoulders as if it was the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy or something

Against one of the shittest teams in the league we folded like a cheap suit

No balls in the big games. From fearless to gutless

And it’s ”Meh, Man City would have thrashed us anyway”

Unbelievable

Criticism of Barnes is mad. Again created a great goal.
That was all he did and to make matter worse his full back was shitting himself everytime he had the ball, We have a brilliant midfield trio in Maddison, Tielelmans and Ndidi until our wingers put in a shift all of their vision and graft is in vain.

I have two concerns: we lose all of our “big games” and we always look like conceding at the moment.

The first part of that is hardly unexpected, our team is very young and we’ve found ourselves in unexpected heights this season. the “big matches” we’ve lost have been against teams of experienced world class internationals, or these semi-finals against a team that was just more streetwise.

The defensive solidity disappearing is a worry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566