Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entitled at all. It does matter but we all know the league cup is not taken as seriously these days. You only have to look at the reserves teams played by the big boys.

What the **** are you on about ?

it’s a ****ing League Cup final at Wembley - we might not get the chance again for another twenty ****ing years

Meh, better to be out than get another hammering off the genius-led big boys at Man city. Wonder if they put a full team out tomorrow

Privileged spoilt twats

Football is all about trophies for me. It's all about winning things, not how we play or finishing top half or top six or top four. All that is bollocks really.

However, if we'd won through tonight, we'd play Man City at Wembley. If the performance a few weeks ago is anything to go by, we'd have been battered. Let's face it, we have some pretty glaring vulnerabilities that would be rather obvious on that big old pitch.

As it is, for all their celebrating tonight, Villa may well take the pounding of their lives and it could kill their season. It took a lot out of Watford the last time similar happened.

If we were facing a non-Man City or Liverpool in the final, I'd have been much more gutted than I am.

What the **** are you on about ?

it’s a ****ing League Cup final at Wembley - we might not get the chance again for another twenty ****ing years

Meh, better to be out than get another hammering off the genius-led big boys at Man city. Wonder if they put a full team out tomorrow

Privileged spoilt twats
You big baby. Get over it.

You abandoned xG already?

I'd probably use xg for my analysis rather than the stats provided. Maddisons floated effort was probably expected....actually nah I'd still not use the ****ing thing.

Football is all about trophies for me. It's all about winning things, not how we play or finishing top half or top six or top four. All that is bollocks really.

However, if we'd won through tonight, we'd play Man City at Wembley. If the performance a few weeks ago is anything to go by, we'd have been battered. Let's face it, we have some pretty glaring vulnerabilities that would be rather obvious on that big old pitch.

As it is, for all their celebrating tonight, Villa may well take the pounding of their lives and it could kill their season. It took a lot out of Watford the last time similar happened.

If we were facing a non-Man City or Liverpool in the final, I'd have been much more gutted than I am.

Alternative Villa go and cause a massive upset by wanting it more than Man City and have something to look back on.

I’m pissed off we lost.
I was ready for a weekend in London.
Alas not this time.
However, I’m not having a meltdown like some.
As for being found out.
I’d rather be in the top 3 and found out, than the bottom 3 and found out.

I'm pissed off but can't say it compares to any major disappointments of the past though. Maybe because it was drawn out over two games where we just looked limp. Not sure what it is but when they got the winner I'd have been distraught in the past. My response was "we ****in deserved that" rather than being fuming.

**** losing. Every time. Champions League, Women’s FA Cup, Westerby Challenge Cup, everything. **** losing. But I’d still rather be in our place than Villa’s this season.

I'm pissed off but can't say it compares to any major disappointments of the past though. Maybe because it was drawn out over two games where we just looked limp. Not sure what it is but when they got the winner I'd have been distraught in the past. My response was "we ****in deserved that" rather than being fuming.
You're right mate, but I hate that dangling carrot. We got to a point where I thought we were ruthless and could beat anyone - and I loved that, What has happened? To tell the truth I said before the game "old Leicester, we'll buckle this". But I think we're getting there. Just not yet.

Thank **** we won our FA Cup game at the weekend though.

Let's go and win that instead!

Completely agree with Homer et al. Anyone shrugging this off already is either deluded or shouldn't call themselves a football fan.

We were 1 step from Wembley. That in itself is exciting. But also would've been our first cup final in 20 years. They're the games you dream of going to, regardless of where we are in the league.

If you asked me in August would I prefer top 4 or league Cup win, obviously the league takes priority. But that's not what this is - we were one step away from Wembley and its gone. I'm gutted.

Worst I've felt after a Leicester game in a long time

The good thing about this is that it means we will beat Man City in the league in a couple of weeks.

We'll then be pissed of doing that as we will all have thought we would then beat them in the final too.

Lako will be really pleased about it though.

Haven’t been to an fa cup semi final since 1982
An fa cup final since 1969
This one has gone, fa cup hasn’t
Let’s move on with lessons learned.

Since my initial ‘**** it’ response I’ve chainsmoked and eaten about a kilo of cake from the massive box of samples we got from the lady baking our wedding cake later this year.

I think I’m slightly more bothered by this than I’m willing to let on. But before I digest this result (and the massive slice of lemon drizzle) I need to continue focusing on not being bothered about losing to that pile of shit. It’s a healthy coping mechanism called denial that I’ve honed over many years of crushing disappointments....

Since my initial ‘**** it’ response I’ve chainsmoked and eaten about a kilo of cake from the massive box of samples we got from the lady baking our wedding cake later this year.

I think I’m slightly more bothered by this than I’m willing to let on. But before I digest this result (and the massive slice of lemon drizzle) I need to continue focusing on not being bothered about losing to that pile of shit. It’s a healthy coping mechanism called denial that I’ve honed over many years of crushing disappointments....
Tell that to the pig I promised Veganuary to and the delicious 4 rasher sandwich I just devoured. Ah bollox, leave the guilt to the morning. Can only concentrate on Chelsea now. And leaving the radio off in the morning for the Sports news...

It's nights like these which will turn our boys into men. How else are they supposed to learn? This is the process by which we become an experienced team.

We shall lick our wounds but I'll be damned if next season will be the same in these big matches. This will hurt, and I hope it hurts real bad. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and this will make us stronger just like Liverpool doing everything right and still not winning the title last season made them stronger this season.

Keep this team together, keep the morale high, keep the faith and keep learning as one and next season will be phenomenal.

You’ll have to laugh if Man United go through tomorrow night....

It's nights like these which will turn our boys into men. How else are they supposed to learn? This is the process by which we become an experienced team.

We shall lick our wounds but I'll be damned if next season will be the same in these big matches. This will hurt, and I hope it hurts real bad. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and this will make us stronger just like Liverpool doing everything right and still not winning the title last season made them stronger this season.

Keep this team together, keep the morale high, keep the faith and keep learning as one and next season will be phenomenal.

Spurs should be amazing by now then...

Either that or they crumble into dust & hide for the rest of the season. Lets see.

Spurs should be amazing by now then...

Spot on. Everyone reacts differently. More teams crumble into nothing after adversity than respond positively to it. Especially young teams with demonstrable weaknessess that are easy to expose & exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566