Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half of the season, we'd go a goal down and no sweat. We'd keep playing football and score 2 or 3. Since our beatings by Man. City and Liverpool, that's gone. If we concede first, all the composure goes and we get a shit show like tonight.
Yes, their keeper made some worldies, but that was before their goal. If we had scored first we'd have walked that. As it was, we created very little after the goal.
It seems to be a mental fragility that's crept in and BR needs to get hold of that somehow, or this season is at risk of fizzling out.
This is a potentially great side, but they have to regain that confidence and composure that was there before.

Massive over reaction on here. We are third in the Premier league and 16 points clear of 5th. Some of you need to take a slow walk down the garden and back.

Absolute bollocks.

Its a cup semi final, its nothing to do with the league position.

Nobody is saying the season is a failure, they are talking about the game that has just finished, a cup semi for the first time in 20 years.

Defeats now are far easier to take since the title win. Sure I'd have celebrated if we'd won the final but as a comparison to the title. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Absolute bollocks.

Nobody is saying the season is a failure, they are talking about the game that has just finished, a cup semi for the first time in 20 years.
Plenty of good teams will lose to shit teams this season. Tonight it was us. It's crap but it happens all the time.

Selected match stats over the two legs:

Corners: Villa 3 : City 21
Shots: Villa 12 : City 43
On Target: 4 (scored 3) : City 12 (scored 2)

Absolute bollocks.

People aren’t proper football fans any more

League cup final there in front of us, and it’s ‘so what, it doesn’t really matter?’

Entitled wankers

Worst thing we can do now is sulk. If we dwell on this we are in trouble. Face up to the fact that we weren't good enough over the two legs, move on. We are still in the FA Cup, have a glorious chance of securing Champions League football next season and a young squad that has more potential than we've seen in a long, long time.

Let's not this defeat cast a dark shadow on our bright future.

Before the game I would have taken a win against Chelsea instead of winning this.

Also complete guff.

I cannot comprehend a Leicester City fan turning down a first cup final In 20 years to pick up three not massively needed points in the league.

Considering what has happened at our club in the last few years and the desire to get a bit of silverwear in honor of our owner, its simply mind boggling.

Defeats now are far easier to take since the title win. Sure I'd have celebrated if we'd won the final but as a comparison to the title. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Just give up then

The title is in the past, this is now.

What is wrong with people - it was a ****ing League cup semi final FFS

Are we now such an entitled bunch of privileged twats that we just shrug our shoulders as if it was the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy or something

Against one of the shittest teams in the league we folded like a cheap suit

No balls in the big games. From fearless to gutless

And it’s ”Meh, Man City would have thrashed us anyway”

Unbelievable

Wigan won the fa cup....as did Portsmouth ffs. Upsets can happen and it'd be grand to get to a final to try and cause an upset. On today's and the first leg's showing we'd probably just shit our pants.....we'll never know. Maybe I'm stuck in my ways but a cup would bring me more joy than 3rd/4th place ever could.

Selected match stats over the two legs:

Corners: Villa 3 : City 21
Shots: Villa 12 : City 43
On Target: 4 (scored 3) : City 12 (scored 2)
**** me that's horrendous!

People aren’t proper football fans any more

League cup final there in front of us, and it’s ‘so what, it doesn’t really matter?’

Entitled wankers
Not entitled at all. It does matter but we all know the league cup is not taken as seriously these days. You only have to look at the reserves teams played by the big boys.

Ah well, so what

I‘ll go and sit with a nice flask of coffee on Saturday, clap me banner a few times and push off ten minutes before the end to miss the traffic.

That’s better than dreaming of a cup final at Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670