Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 4

I thought overall the score line was about right. Villa missed a sitter and hit the woodwork but we also squandered at least two chances which should have been taken.

Maddison is a massive difference and him being ‘in the pocket’ is his perfect position, picking the ball up on the half turn and threading passes.

Barnes did well, still not to his beat but you can’t knock someone after his assists today.

Nacho, was Nacho, but that position is his best in that formation. Tete was great and very threatening and our new BC was good. The deflected goal wasn’t really his fault and there was little Ward could do about it.

In fact there was little award could do about either goal, perhaps my only criticism would be that he appears to be slow to react. I’m the first goal when it hit the woodwork he was slow to get to his feet but the rebounded finish was top draw.

Castagne should have done better though and was slower than Ward in his reaction to the situation,

Kristiensen (so) was magnificent, very calm and composed, hard in the tackle and great pressing forward, a real gem of a find I believe.

Overall if we play like that but a bit tighter at the back we will win more than we will lose.

Happy with the progress.

I think Ward thought the first was going in… because he was slow reacting, but not sure he could have done much more

On recent form, Villa was up there.
The win shouldn’t be underestimated
The new lads settled in as well as could be expected., taking pressure off other players

If these were all Martin Glovers finds , we can have reason for optimism for the rebuild that is coming

Just watching MOTD…Danny Ward’s goalkeeping on the Watkins sitter and the Coutinho disallowed goal was pure non league standard.

I didn’t quite realise how bad it was from the stands yesterday.

New goalkeeper needs to be a priority for next season, if we stay up.

Is he only on loan?
Yes we have until the end of the season. At that point I guess he’ll be able to negotiate a permanent move away from Shaktar.

I thought overall the score line was about right. Villa missed a sitter and hit the woodwork but we also squandered at least two chances which should have been taken.

Maddison is a massive difference and him being ‘in the pocket’ is his perfect position, picking the ball up on the half turn and threading passes.

Barnes did well, still not to his beat but you can’t knock someone after his assists today.

Nacho, was Nacho, but that position is his best in that formation. Tete was great and very threatening and our new BC was good. The deflected goal wasn’t really his fault and there was little Ward could do about it.

In fact there was little award could do about either goal, perhaps my only criticism would be that he appears to be slow to react. I’m the first goal when it hit the woodwork he was slow to get to his feet but the rebounded finish was top draw.

Castagne should have done better though and was slower than Ward in his reaction to the situation,

Kristiensen (so) was magnificent, very calm and composed, hard in the tackle and great pressing forward, a real gem of a find I believe.

Overall if we play like that but a bit tighter at the back we will win more than we will lose.

Happy with the progress.
There's a lot to agree with here.

The fact you seemed to have typed it with your nose on a keyboard with 18 keys whilst blindfolded and drunk doesn't take anything away from that.

Yes we have until the end of the season. At that point I guess he’ll be able to negotiate a permanent move away from Shaktar.
We’re a bit stuffed on this one aren’t we.
If he does well then one of the bigger sides will take him. If he does poorly we won’t want him anyway. Lose lose in terms of him being here next year I reckon

We’re a bit stuffed on this one aren’t we.
If he does well then one of the bigger sides will take him. If he does poorly we won’t want him anyway. Lose lose in terms of him being here next year I reckon
Unless we have some kind of ‘first refusal’ put in as a clause which we may well have done.

There is also nothing to say that he won’t really enjoy his time here and want to stay for a couple of years then get a transfer along with a massive signing on bonus?

Unless we have some kind of ‘first refusal’ put in as a clause which we may well have done.

There is also nothing to say that he won’t really enjoy his time here and want to stay for a couple of years then get a transfer along with a massive signing on bonus?
He loved the Pukka Pie at the training ground

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463