Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one really interesting bit of his play - in the build up to our second goal he hit a pass with some real speed and force diagonally into the centre of the park that led to the ball then being moved quickly on and out to the left. I'm assuming that he hit it where he wanted it to go and, as such, it was smart play and something different to what we normally see.

There was one really interesting bit of his play - in the build up to our second goal he hit a pass with some real speed and force diagonally into the centre of the park that led to the ball then being moved quickly on and out to the left. I'm assuming that he hit it where he wanted it to go and, as such, it was smart play and something different to what we normally see.

Yeah, but he's weird, isn't he? Seems to play from the knee down, and isn't co-ordinated from knee to hip or from head to body. There's no fluidity in his play. Possibly the weirdest player I've ever seen, although that doesn't make him bad. Did you notice his temporal delays? Like as if he had to think about his move by fat assing around before he made it? The fall over was so funny!

I know most of you don't like Fryatt, but for me, he's the best head-to-body intelligent footballer in the side. He actually knows what to do. Sometimes he screws up. But he knows how to trap and work the ball, and he just reads a game perfectly, even when he zones out, as he does from time to time. He's a very clever if anxious bunny. Read the stats. They bear me out.

I'm sorry, but I have a lot of time for him. I know he doesn't ring your bells. Whatever.

Sorry, again, Beaumont. I respect your posts and your views, always. But we don't agree about Fryatt. So let's agree to differ?

Yes, consecutive ones in the centre circle shortly after coming on that could have lost us possession. What we don't need right now is showboating like that. I think he could be a a good creative player from what i saw, but he was too eager to please too quickly yesterday, when what we really needed was a strong biting midfielder to take control of the game. Carlisle had that with Kavanagh.

im always for showboating, dont care if it costs us points. im one of those crazy ****ing loonies whod rather see his team lose in a 5-4 epic than win a boring 1-0

There is no top quality at this level, that's why they're at this level.

Surely quality is different at every level - so they can't really be compared. A player who is incredibly poor at Premiership level could be top quality in League 1, while a player who is top quality in League 1 could be incredibly poor in the Premiership.

For example, West Brom are at the foot of the table, but the majority of their players would be brilliant in League 1. On the other hand, a player like Fryatt probably couldn't even manage 5 goals in the Premiership.

Obviously this is all just semantics, but I think players like Fryatt and King are top quality at this level and to say that they aren't is a bit daft. I'm sure any other team in this league would gladly have them if they were offered.

I think players like Fryatt and King are top quality at this level and to say that they aren't is a bit daft. I'm sure any other team in this league would gladly have them if they were offered.

Sorry I disgree completely. I think King is one of the problems for our dip in form. He is a lightweight in the middle with misdirected passes, reluctance to tackle and won't go anywhere near a 50/50 ball. On Saturday with minutes left as a 'top quality' midfielder I would have expected him to hang on to the ball and do something constructive with it and not just blindly lump it down the pitch to the Carlisle players. Their 2nd goal came from that error. If King/City and kept possession - no equaliser.

The only game I've seen King look good was against Cheltenham but city could have sent a paperboy 11 out against that team and won.

Last edited:
I think King is one of the problems for our dip in form. He is a lightweight in the middle with misdirected passes

His passing is usually spot on.

On Saturday with minutes left as a 'top quality' midfielder I would have expected him to hang on to the ball and do something constructive with it

He did, he played a good pass to Dyer, who crossed for Fryatt to score.

But he is very reluctant to put his foot in and there lies city's problem with teams constantly playing through the middle where there is a lack of bite from oakley and king.

He did, he played a good pass to Dyer, who crossed for Fryatt to score.

Yes granted but i was on about the woeful lump down field to carlisle defnce that began the chain of events leading to their 2nd. When in doubt/under pressure King does have a tendency to panic or do his ray wilkins impression - sideways, sidesways.

Last edited by a moderator:
we haven't been the same side since davies left.......it's no good harping on about the past but we have lacked a midfielder with real drive.

Yes granted but i was on about the woeful lump down field to carlisle defnce that began the chain of events leading to their 2nd. When in doubt/under pressure King does have a tendency to panic or do his ray wilkins impression - sideways, sidesways.

Because King gets a lot of stick I make sure I pay more attention to him when I go to matches, to see if it's justified. What I see in him is an intelligent footballer, he's always finding space and making himself available for a pass, and by the time he gets the ball he already knows where he's going to play it, and usually he does it with accuracy. He's also good in the air, and makes good runs into the area and scores goals. He makes what he does look easy, which is probably why so many people don't notice him.

His weakness is his tackling, or lack of it. But I wouldn't write him off just because of that, I'm sure he has a future in the game at a higher level than he is at the moment.

Last edited:
Because King gets a lot of stick I make sure I pay more attention to him when I go to matches, to see if it's justified. What I see in him is an intelligent footballer, he's always finding space and making himself available for a pass, and by the time he gets the ball he already knows where he's going to play it, and usually he does it with accuracy. He's also good in the air, and makes good runs into the area and scores goals. He makes what he does look easy, which is probably why so many people don't notice him.

His weakness is his tackling, or lack of it. But I wouldn't write him off just because of that, I'm sure he has a future in the game at a higher level than he is at the moment.

I agree. I think our problem is the lack of combative midfielder. Oakley can put his foot in but not to the extent that is required. We really do need a lennon in there. Or even a billy mckinlay type midfielder.

Last edited:
what did you all think about him now we have seen him play if only for a short time on the pitch yesterday ???

Acted like a total twat for the first few minutes trying to do the fancy-dan stuff and making a pigs ear out of it. Once he realises that this is the slog and grind of the third tier and not the namby-pamby Liverpool C team then he *may* turn out OK.

Jury still out IMO.

Quite agree. He fell on his arse the first time he got and tackled himself. :icon_lol:

I know he got a lot of stick when he played there before, but maybe Kisnorbo could do that job, as long as we don't expect him to do anything difficult with the ball once he's won it.

perhaps not a bad shout but i can't see it happening. I presume berner was put in there to do a similar job but without success. I can't see pearson changing it now. The only possible change I see coming is the swede in the centre and oakley back out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669