Babysitting and The Cotton Wool Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHYDAL

My girlfriend asked me if I'd planned anything for valentines day, I said no why, she said good because its a ****ing waste of money!

I knew I liked this girl for a reason :icon_bigg
Sounds like a trap to me. I'd have a card and choccies on standby just in case.......

Edit...Congrats too.

Last edited:

Matt_B

Does it really make any difference at all if she has 'previous'?
It doesn't matter if she'd previously served a stretch for torturing and killing children, what's described in the article isn't an offence, nor should it be, so what exactly was the caution for and why did she accept it?

I'd have told them to stuff it up their hole, but I'm quite an obstreperous ****er like that.

Child neglect is an offence though?!

If the 14yr old has previously looked after the baby an each time he has the baby has been avoidably injured, say scalded etc then the mother is surely being neglectful in allowing him to look after the baby again?

My point is that this is a sensationalised article and we don't have all the details, so we can't really say whether it is an over-reaction or not.

spionfox

My point is that this is a sensationalised article and we don't have all the details, so we can't really say whether it is an over-reaction or not.

This is TalkingBalls. Why let the facts get in the way of a good rant opportunity :icon_bigg

Macky

Gruntled Member
Child neglect is an offence though?!

Yes, yes it is, but what has that got to do with anything? Who mentioned neglect?

If the 14yr old has previously looked after the baby an each time he has the baby has been avoidably injured, say scalded etc then the mother is surely being neglectful in allowing him to look after the baby again?

None of us has any idea if anything like that has ever happened, so I'm not sure why you're just making up stuff.

Sensationalised like your previous sentence about scalding babies? :icon_wink

Matt_B

Yes, yes it is, but what has that got to do with anything? Who mentioned neglect?

None of us has any idea if anything like that has ever happened, so I'm not sure why you're just making up stuff.

Sensationalised like your previous sentence about scalding babies? :icon_wink

This sentence in the original article led me to believe she had been done for neglect

under the Children and Young Persons Act, parents can be prosecuted for wilful neglect

And yes, my point about scalding was sensationalised and entirely made up, but we have no evidence either way. There is as much chance that she is constantly leaving her baby with minors as there is that the country has gone mad and common sense no longer used.

Blaby blue blood

Very many congratulations to you both. I wish you all the best :)

Congrats :038: At least you know you're not a Jaffa

Congratulations.:038::038:

well done BBB

Congrats too.

Congrats BBB!!!!!

:038: Thanks guys, looking forward to it

or the milkman isn't!

We don't have a Milkman, we do have a window cleaner, but if it is his, I really worry about her mental health! :icon_conf

Oh and BG, a little advice needed here, my Mrs hates my music, Heavy Thrash Metal etc, but I refuse to allow my child to be brought up on poncy pop shit, what should one do? As a fellow metaler I value your input. :icon_bigg

Thanks

Cate Fox

:038: Thanks guys, looking forward to it

We don't have a Milkman, we do have a window cleaner, but if it is his, I really worry about her mental health! :icon_conf

Oh and BG, a little advice needed here, my Mrs hates my music, Heavy Thrash Metal etc, but I refuse to allow my child to be brought up on poncy pop shit, what should one do? As a fellow metaler I value your input. :icon_bigg

Thanks

Congrats from me too

Blaby blue blood

Let the sprog listen to as mch music as possible, whatever genre and let them decide which they like most. Don't limit the kid to just one sort of rubbish!

Exactly what my plan was, it can listen to Heavy metal, Thrash, Death Metal, Gothic, New Metal and some old school stuff. Then it can decide which it prefers, hopefully all equally like its Dad :icon_bigg

Blaby blue blood

A diverse range of genres there :icon_roll

The differences are not as subtle as you would expect, you should give them a listen, I think you will be surprised :icon_bigg

To be honest tho, most pop music is band in my house, especially boy bands :icon_wink although the other half cant stand them anyway so that's good. Plus I caught her singing along to Pantera and Evanescence the other day, so I think I'm getting through slowly, even if she does drop the odd song from 'Wicked' in there every now and then.

Blaby blue blood

I'll remind you of this quote when you're moaning about cleaning baby poo/sick/wee from yourself

Isn't that what a girlfriend is for, changing and cleaning etc? :102:

complaining about the sleepless nights

I sleep like I'm dead, would sleep through an earthquake, plus ear plugs are a wonderful thing :icon_wink

lack of money!

Already suffer from that! :icon_bigg

Congrats anyway :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675