Bacon or Sausage

If you had to choose between only bacon or only sausage for ever more, which would you choose?

• Bacon

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Sausage

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticking out the end, I can live with. It's when your sausage is too short for the bun, and there's a mouthful of bread before you even get meat. Travesty.
Shudder.

Brioche hot dog buns get in the sea too, as can crusty rolls.

A soft on the inside, crusty on the outside roll with sausage and onions can **** off? You've gone mad with power Ted

A soft on the inside, crusty on the outside roll with sausage and onions can **** off? You've gone mad with power Ted
Yeah I feel you man but you know when it’s too crusty and the force required to bite through it can force the onions and sauce in particular to far end of the roll?

And I never said they can **** off, I said they can get in the sea, don’t you dare misquote me on matters of the sausage.

Hot dogs are overrated.
Yep, Hot Dog 'sausages' shouldn't even be called sausages and it's another sad sign of the ever increasing Americanisation of our culture.

Give me a load of ground up bollocks, brain, ears, heart and a bit of fat all rammed into some intestine with some mixed herbs and pepper any day over that tinned, god knows what's in it American crap.

Whack it on a BBQ, proper charcoal of course, serve on some soft white bread and its a winner winner chicken pork dinner.

Why are you even asking that question ?

FFS what’s wrong with you ?
I'm not really that good with food. I haven't really got a sense of taste or smell (not covid related), so in general I don't really care or know what I eat.

The only things I'm particularly good at smelling are leaking gas, people smoking weed and bacon frying. No idea why it seems to be just them, but that's just the way it works.

Other than that, food has to be fairly spicy or strong flavoured for me to be be able to notice much. I'm perfectly able to eat a bowl of cereal with milk that's off, or eat lamb and not realise it's actually beef. I couldn't even tell when our kids had shit in their nappies, when they were young, without looking in them, as smelling them didn't help me. It's actually quite frustrating.

I'm not really that good with food. I haven't really got a sense of taste or smell (not covid related), so in general I don't really care or know what I eat.

The only things I'm particularly good at smelling are leaking gas, people smoking weed and bacon frying. No idea why it seems to be just them, but that's just the way it works.

Other than that, food has to be fairly spicy or strong flavoured for me to be be able to notice much. I'm perfectly able to eat a bowl of cereal with milk that's off, or eat lamb and not realise it's actually beef. I couldn't even tell when our kids had shit in their nappies, when they were young, without looking in them, as smelling them didn't help me. It's actually quite frustrating.
Don't expect us to feel sorry for you, not after that bacon with no sauce nonsense. You've burned this bridge, my friend.

Hot dogs shouldn’t have anything to do with quality sausages they are low grade pork/beef and cheaper versions are made of chicken or turkey

Don't expect us to feel sorry for you, not after that bacon with no sauce nonsense. You've burned this bridge, my friend.
I don’t expect any sympathy. There are many occasions where having a lack of sense of smell is an advantage, football stadiums being one of them, as I don’t have to smell the riff-raff :023:

Bacon is one of the most overrated foods. Fine in a cob and pancetta is great ingredient for a savoury background flavour but beyond that.

Sausage is a main event. Cob, pasta, hot dog…. Currywurst!

With mash or battered with chips. A fat juicy coil on a bbq.

Take the sausage meat out and ram it up a chicken’s arse.

SAUSAGE MUTHAFUCKIN ROLLS.

The state of this.

A bacon cob is superior to sausage cob. Always.

Who the feck eats sausages in their pasta? Chopped up bits of sausage I suppose? Again bacon is tastier and more effective. No right thinking Italian would put sausages with pasta.

Hot dogs are great in theory but almost always disappoint. Getting them right means that you have to nullify the concept. Stupid food.

Curry wurst? Absolutely disgusting. I remember excitedly buying this in Germany and being utterly stunned that people claimed this as a national dish. Every element is wrong.

WIth mash, yes. Very much so. As part of a fry up, yes. But the bacon is superior there too.

Battered? Again inferior to just about any other battered thing at the chippy. The food of fools.

On a BBQ? Sausages aren't properly designed for them. They are always burnt on the outside or undercooked in the centre.

Stuffing, yes. But that's not a sausage then is it?

Fecking think things through before making such idiotic comments in future.

Bacon wins. It's far more versatile. It smells better, tastes better, eats better.

If you had to choose between only bacon (any type) or only sausage (any type) for ever more, which would you choose?
It all comes down to variety.

Is bacon pleasant? Yes of course. Does is smell heavenly? Absolutely.

But sausages…. Chorizo, black pudding, Italian sausages seasoned with fennel, the British banger, Toulouse sausage cassoulet.

And you are Pork Pie Fox!
Pork pies are one of the greatest food items ever devised.

Pork pies are one of the greatest food items ever devised.
:038:

When asked what I miss about living in the UK I always reply, cheese and pork pies. When I went back a couple of years ago I went to M&S at the airport and bought a packet of mini pork pies, which I proceeded to eat while driving to my sister's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566