Baggies Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect, we need to ensure the players are focussed on beating WBA. :102:
When we are in a comfortable position with a few minutes to go then a wayward tackle on JM wouldn't go amiss, as the fans start singing Mattock, Mattock what's the score.....:icon_lol:

Fair enough !!

Either way he needs to get some stick of either the fans or the player. Berner is better than him anyway.

we were excellent against QPR. Exact same starting line-up and subs bench for this one.

West Brom are a good team but thay are not invincible. Sure they scored 5 last weekend but we ourselves scored 3 away at Watford. QPR were arguably the form team in the lague prior to last Friday and we thoroughly deserved to beat them. I have a really good feeling about this one. It won't be easy but I really think we will win.

It's just a shame we dont have a Danny Tiatto or a Robbie Savage at the club, or even a Paul Dickov, who we could bring on in the 89th minute to stick one on Mattock.

In his earlier time here Paul Dickov was a talented player and a credit to the club and does not deserve to be branded with Tiatto or Savage.

The people who praise Tiatto generally do so for his fouling frequently in dangerous areas and his willingness to leave his team mates a man short.
I prefer to remember Tiatto for his ball control. He reminded me of Frank Worthington's comment about "players who can trap a ball further than I can kick it."

Stanley Matthews had the best answer to fullbacks. I am told that in the first five minutes he would make a point of using his speed and balance to leave the fullback floundering humiliated on the floor just to annoy and unsettle them. However, unlike Dickov, Tiatto and Savage he is no longer available.

I realise that like a lot of posters I have made the error of writing longer on Mattock than he deserves.

Perhaps the best comment on Joe Mattock is from Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army

Stupid Boy

In his earlier time here Paul Dickov was a talented player and a credit to the club and does not deserve to be branded with Tiatto or Savage.

In his earlier time here, Dickov would still come on and take out one of the backs inside two minutes to let them know he was on the pitch and not to be messed with! Savage and Tiatto were both talented in different ways in their prime. Tiatto simply would not let anything past him. Sometimes the ball, or the ball and the player! Savage would simply chase an attacker the entire length of the pitch to put a tackle in.

I am sure the boys have already drawn the 'short' straw to see who will have the honour of taking Twattock out late on in the game, like we did when W*se returned! :icon_bigg

I am sure the boys have already drawn the 'short' straw to see who will have the honour of taking Twattock out late on in the game, like we did when W*se returned! :icon_bigg

They are too busy drawing straws to see who gets the opportunity to dance round him with the ball when he gets caught hopelessly out of position

There is only one thing that matters - and that is that we win the game!

We are building some momentum now (much like last season) and need to keep it up. If we win on Saturday I might think we have a real chance of being contenders this season when it really matters (post Easter time)

throstles 1-0
:icon_sad:

9/5 for wba win...

Last edited:
another tough encounter and a hard fought 2-1 victory

The only way we'll get automatic promotion is if we take the opportunity presented to us now. Lets' do em!

That is a very wise attitude.

West Brom must feel they have a good chance of automatic promotion. If they can beat us at the Walkers they are gaining points against possible rivals. If we can beat them we will look like reasonable candidates for automatic promotion - all of this with the proviso of course that there is still most of the season to come.

It is too easy to say that a draw helps nobody. A draw is likely to help at least one of Newcastle, Cardiff or Bristol City.

It should be a fascinating match giving both teams a really good test. Whoever wins will worry the promotion rivals.

di matteo be wary of us i think, beat the dons 2-0 last year and drew away, thanks to a stoppage time qualiser, but still i think roberto will be scared to come to the walkers, well take them 1-0 90+min goal howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566