Barnsley 0 City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i've been back about 2 hours, had my dinner and time to reflect on the game.

Weale - Had very little to do, however when called upon did what was required.

Naughton - One of his quieter games going forward due to the midfield being shit hot, looks very comfortable in the position.

Davies - The rock at the back today. Won virtually everything in the air, solid performance.

Vitor - Really impressive again, looks certain to hold on to that partnership with Davies whilst he's here. Great movement to lose his marker for the goal.

Cunningham - Probably the player I noticed the least today, never appeared to be in trouble, was keen to get forward when possible. IMO still lacks that bit of quality, but I appreciate he's still very young.

Gallagher - Good running today, was a bit careless at times, that said he made the 2nd goal. Super stuff.

Wellens - I love it when Wellens plays like he does today, I just wished he'd be like it every game. He made it look effortless today.

King - A real captains performance today, rounded off with another goal. Ran his socks off.

Abe - Some great passes, and certainly developing now as a championship player. He's also got a song, don't ask what the fecking lyrics are though cos I couldn't hear the few that were singing it.

Vassell - I don't care what Stringer was reporting, certainly for the first 35 minutes, I thought he was quite lazy. Looked like he didn't care, barely ran and when he did the effort just wasn't there. The closing stages of the first half and the bit he was on in the second half looked much more promising. I suspect he's 2-3 games off being fully fit, exciting times ahead when this happens.

Waghorn - Didn't think much of him today. Once again stupidly booked. The form that made us buy him needs to return sharpish.

Subs:

Dyer - Added the energy that Vassell had ran out of, was the usual threat we all know he is. Would be nice if Sven could accommodate him week in week out.

Howard & Moussa - Not really on long enough to offer a realistic opinion.

Last edited:
Dagnall reckons we could be top half after the next game. It will only happen if the Football League start awarding 4 points for a win before Wednesday. Even then we'd have to win by about 10 goals and everybody else would have to lose.

He's also said twice that Burnley have won 2-1 at Norwich when all other sources say it was a 2-2 draw.

Before the WBA cup tie he told fans to arrive early as a sell out crowd was expected!

abe, king wellens gallagher, dyer, davies, vitor, naughton are the 8 that are feeling like the core to the side for me. it's the last 20% that will be decisive. the way jason roberts played today, if we could have convinced him to take the leicester shilling we'd have been well away.
southampton take 5m for lambert and lallana you reckon?

Vassell - I don't care what Stringer was reporting, certainly for the first 35 minutes, I thought he was quite lazy. Looked like he didn't care, barely ran and when he did the effort just wasn't there. The closing stages of the first half and the bit he was on in the second half looked much more promising. I suspect he's 2-3 games off being fully fit, exciting times ahead when this happens.

Sven said as much in his after-match interview.

Hmmmm,I wasn't there so obviously I'm not a proper fan and have no right to an opiniion.

However, it sounded like we put in a good performance against a team that was in the same area of the table as us at 3 o clock ... a team we should be beating comfortably if we want to be challenging the top 6. The fact is, that as much as we sounded like we were all over them, we weren't putting chances away and were it not for the woodwork, it could have been an entirely different game.

If we're as good as we think we are, we should give Sheff Utd a right good hiding on Weds.

A truer test of where we are will come on Saturday and I fear that we might come unstuck if we don't start scoring goals and putting games to bed.

So, whilst I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, if we want to move on, we have to do better.

Hmmmm,I wasn't there so obviously I'm not a proper fan and have no right to an opiniion.

However, it sounded like we put in a good performance against a team that was in the same area of the table as us at 3 o clock ... a team we should be beating comfortably if we want to be challenging the top 6. The fact is, that as much as we sounded like we were all over them, we weren't putting chances away and were it not for the woodwork, it could have been an entirely different game.

If we're as good as we think we are, we should give Sheff Utd a right good hiding on Weds.

A truer test of where we are will come on Saturday
and I fear that we might come unstuck if we don't start scoring goals and putting games to bed.

So, whilst I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, if we want to move on, we have to do better.

As much as i would like to think we could take the maximum from these 2 and continue up the table, i would be happy with 4 points from them. That would be more realistic and still maintain momentum.

Sousa made the mistake of trying to run before he could walk and tried to make the changes to the style of play too drastically.

He didn't. The mistake he did make was to think that being fit was unnecessary. The players are still suffering from that even now and will probably never get back to the fitness levels of last season.

On another note, with Hull losing again today, I fear Pearson is on borrowed time.

Can't say I sympathise. While I am very appreciative of what he did here, the fact is that the mardy arse walked out on us for no good reason whatsoever.

Can't say I sympathise. While I am very appreciative of what he did here, the fact is that the mardy arse walked out on us for no good reason whatsoever.

I totally agree. He did a similar thing at Southampton

I was just pointing out the fact that his choice to leave looks to have back fired on him...badly

Yes. It's a complete coincidence that his replacement was the chairman's guest at the play-off matches.

If you're not prepared to sign a new contract your employer is entitled to start looking elsewhere.

Could have been done a little better but at the end of the day Pearson made problems for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669