Barnsley 0 City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result! We lost there last season and Oakwell is always a tricky place to go to.

A win against Sheff Utd on Wednesday will see us well truly part of the chasing pack. Glad we've shored things up at the back and not conceding now. Things are looking up.

he has been wiped from my memory, along with that carrot munching twat.

It does all feel like a bad dream now. I'm not saying we are suddenly Barcelona, but the damage he did in the space of 2 months to a play-off contending team was simply astonishing.

Wasn't there but excellent result against a team with a solid home record. Sounds like we did a proper job on them.

Ten points from his first five league games is an excellent return from Sven. The team seems a happy camp too. And it was good to hear our new fitness coach Chris Short giving the subs a battering in the warm down post match. I've heard some good things about his impact on the squad at Palace.

Two winnable home games this week now. With the confidence starting to grow and a strong squad in place, we could really push on.

None of the strikers scoring again, we'll never do well unless they start scoring 15/20 goals a game etc.

I'm not too sure that you can completely wipe Sousa from your memory. We're still playing an attractive passing game. Sven has bolstered the defence with some decent loan additions but we're still very much taking the same approach to games in my opinion and this was one of the reasons I though Sven was the only realistic candidate.

Sousa made the mistake of trying to run before he could walk and tried to make the changes to the style of play too drastically. The team were uncomfortable with it and we struggled.

On another note, with Hull losing again today, I fear Pearson is on borrowed time.

I'm not too sure that you can completely wipe Sousa from your memory. We're still playing an attractive passing game. Sven has bolstered the defence with some decent loan additions but we're still very much taking the same approach to games in my opinion and this was one of the reasons I though Sven was the only realistic candidate.

Sousa made the mistake of trying to run before he could walk and tried to make the changes to the style of play too drastically. The team were uncomfortable with it and we struggled.

On another note, with Hull losing again today, I fear Pearson is on borrowed time.

Its my memory, I can do what I like :icon_lol:

According to the official Barnsley website, Leicester played the "Naughty side of the game" well!!...

On Skytext, Sven calling King "the complete midfielder". :)

Last edited:
Some City fan was on 606. I slightly cringed as I thought most of what he said was codswallop. One of the main reasons Barnsley made a double sub was that Chris Wood was carrying a knock before playing...not a massive tactical decision.

We have money we have the best manager nothing to stop us shooting up this league.
The thing that has impressed me most about sven is this fact: how many of us fans could honestly say that they thought Hobbs and Berner were the weak link?, didnt take sven long to recognise/rectify

i think sven, weirdly, has the common touch. at the end of the last game most people who were there probably thought:
- hobbs looks slow
- gallagher had a good game
- need a bit more pace in the front three.
- fryatt hasn't turned up at all.
- abe getting more confident but looks comfortable inside rather than out wide.
Sven took care of ALL of those situations for the barnsley game and with the job he's done with naughton, davies and cunningham we've shored up shop at the back.
i don't like to admit it, but hobbs isn't of the quality of davies or vitor, not even nearly.
also, berner is a back up to cunningham in terms of ability despite being a fans favourite. factometer.
still missing a striker of class.

KING IS KING!

Last edited:
We have money we have the best manager nothing to stop us shooting up this league.
The thing that has impressed me most about sven is this fact: how many of us fans could honestly say that they thought Hobbs and Berner were the weak link?, didnt take sven long to recognise/rectify

but I am at a loss to ascertain why Hobbs has slumped so much in form (apart from fitness).

Probably helped that Sven was a fresh pair of eyes, if Pearson was still in charge I suspect he would persist with both for longer given their excellent form last season.

But for whatever reason both are well below their from from last year and probably do deserve to be out the team at the moment

Probably helped that Sven was a fresh pair of eyes, if Pearson was still in charge I suspect he would persist with both for longer given their excellent form last season.

But for whatever reason both are well below their from from last year and probably do deserve to be out the team at the moment

Not seen any problem with Hobbs this season to be honest, and Berner is just a little bit slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669