Barnsley 0 City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen any problem with Hobbs this season to be honest, and Berner is just a little bit slower.

Hobbs has looked very shaky this season, last season he looked in control most of the time - same can't be said for this season

Not to say he has suddenly turned into a crap player, just a dip in form, which is probably to be expected given his age

Last edited:
i think sven, weirdly, has the common touch. at the end of the last game most people who were there probably thought:
- hobbs looks slow
- gallagher had a good game
- need a bit more pace in the front three.
- fryatt hasn't turned up at all.
- abe getting more confident but looks comfortable inside rather than out wide.
Sven took care of ALL of those situations for the barnsley game and with the job he's done with naughton, davies and cunningham we've shored up shop at the back.
i don't like to admit it, but hobbs isn't of the quality of davies or vitor, not even nearly.
also, berner is a back up to cunningham in terms of ability despite being a fans favourite. factometer.
still missing a striker of class.

KING IS KING!

I totally agree, Hobbs use to be the main man at the back, now he can't get in the team, Davies and Vitor are quite evidentally better than him. You don't play for Benfica and Aston Villa if you're shit do you? He will still be a valid squad player but might want to push out to a different club come January

Last edited:
Hobbs has looked very shaky this season, last season he looked in control most of the time - same can't be said for this season

Not to say he has suddenly turned into a crap player, just a dip in form, which is probably to be expected given his age

The same could be said about Morrison, he played relatively good last season at RB now he looks like he has not got the matureness to play a CB

He cant get in the team as he's had a dip in form...he quite evidently wasnt shit last season was he.. ffs

Another good result today which we should, of course, be delighted with. I don't think this means that those who did not participate are suddenly shit players or should be disregarded for the future, particularly those younger players like Hobbs. It is only right that if they have a dip in form they should show the character to improve their game and push on. This is what makes a good strong squad that is needed for a promotion challenge.
We should also make sure that the resources available are used to hold onto players like King who are a credit to the club and the academy. We should also try and extend the loans or permanent signing of Davies and Naughton.
We have a good run of games between now and Christmas, if these go well i'm very optimistic that we can achieve this and push on

Another good result today which we should, of course, be delighted with. I don't think this means that those who did not participate are suddenly shit players or should be disregarded for the future, particularly those younger players like Hobbs. It is only right that if they have a dip in form they should show the character to improve their game and push on. This is what makes a good strong squad that is needed for a promotion challenge.
We should also make sure that the resources available are used to hold onto players like King who are a credit to the club and the academy. We should also try and extend the loans or permanent signing of Davies and Naughton.
We have a good run of games between now and Christmas, if these go well i'm very optimistic that we can achieve this and push on

great post :038:

Another good result today which we should, of course, be delighted with. I don't think this means that those who did not participate are suddenly shit players or should be disregarded for the future, particularly those younger players like Hobbs.

Indeed good post, also worth remembering that Fryatt is only young despite his four years here.

Hobbs was quality last season, no doubt about. Is it any coincidence that his form has dipped this season and we have only just employed a new fitness coach. Sousa you ****!

No, Andy King loves being a fox, it says so in the song to the tune of 'Robin Hood'

Only heard the 'Andy Cole' song about King on the radio. Is he getting the Ryan Giggs treatment as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669