Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps Tedd i think you might have turned round our prediction score. For some reason i predicted a Peterborough win. (Doh!)

Look lads, weve had dips in form before and we will have them again, theres no point losing faith. This is still the best Championship season we have had for GOD knows how long.

But yes Gally is turning out to be a flop (and this time he HAS had chances)

if we drop brown we stop playing hoofball it's as simple as that.
howard and fryatt back in
wingers back in
wellens and oakley back in the centre.

nielsen mcgivern and brown nowehere near the side.
gallagher, waghorn kermorgant on the bench for impact only.

If it helps Tedd i think you might have turned round our prediction score. For some reason i predicted a Peterborough win. (Doh!)

No, no it doesn't.:icon_lol:

at least forest aren't doing.....oh
shit

if we drop brown we stop playing hoofball it's as simple as that.
howard and fryatt back in
wingers back in
wellens and oakley back in the centre.

nielsen mcgivern and brown nowehere near the side.
gallagher, waghorn kermorgant on the bench for impact only.

So, that would leave us with two first team defenders and Powell?

Well Mandaric's a nob if he's going to get serious investiment or buyer being the Championship. 2/3 quality players for the Premiership and then they will be someone watching.

Personally think we should begin building for next season soon. The likes of Howard cheerio and start playing the young side of the squad.

WTF is that all about Hazz?

Well Mandaric's a nob if he's going to get serious investiment or buyer being the Championship. 2/3 quality players for the Premiership and then they will be someone watching.

Personally think we should begin building for next season soon. The likes of Howard cheerio and start playing the young side of the squad.

And there lies the problem.

Clearly, this squad isn't powerful enough to sustain a serious challenge. So does he splash out big money (through wages cos he won't pay out for big transfers anyway) on the necessary quality and risk losing it - or risk stagnation in this league (where there is no money to be made anyway). Difficult situation.

Just driving back now feeling pretty glum. Even though the first half was poor I still thought we were the better team but we didn't come out for the second half. There was no fight and when we went down there was still no urgency to go after the ball. We just didn't look bothered.

Probably people will now understand why I said I did'nt think we were good enough a few weeks ago

We have been punching above our weight for long enough, and without a strong midfield and a young back division still learning..... plus limited ideas up front, we have been found out.

WTF is that all about Hazz?

It's appearing increasingly apparent that Mandaric is making very little investment into getting players to City. In terms of transfers during Pearson reign we are in profit. Mandaric seems to be waiting for some investment or a buyer to come along and do the rest with/for him making a tidy profit in the process.

However, he is mistaken if this is going to happen whilst we stay within this division. The quality of the Championship is at a low, the opportunity for promotion appears great than ever yet his recultance in investment is going to hold us back this season. If we signed two to three quality players, we'd be right up this league and with us looking even more attractive option to invest or buy for sOomeone if we at the very least were in the race.

Last edited:
Probably people will now understand why I said I did'nt think we were good enough a few weeks ago

plus limited ideas up front, we have been found out.

Just 11 away goals tells the story, I'm afraid.

We've just one striker on the books who is likely to contribute a significant goals tally. It's all asking a bit too much of an under-cooked squad.

It's appearing increasingly apparent that Mandaric is making very little investment into getting players to City. In terms of transfers during Pearson reign we are in profit. Mandaric seems to be waiting for some investment or a buyer to come along and do the rest with/for him making a tidy profit in the process.

However, he is mistaken if this is going to happen whilst we stay within this division. The quality of the Championship is at a low, the opportunity for promotion appears great than ever yet his recultance in investment is going to hold us back this season. If we signed two to three quality players, we'd be right up this league and with us looking even more attractive option to invest or buy for sOomeone if we at the very least were in the race.

Obviously, from my previous posts, i would agree with all that.

But......MM is no fool so you have to ask the question as to why he has done nothing positive in this transfer window.

Really down after that not just the result but more so the performance or lack of one! One word summed us up and the same as one of our players who stayed on the bench. On Saturday please Nobby come to our rescue or we could be a TV embarrasment!

But......MM is no fool so you have to ask the question as to why he has done nothing positive in this transfer window.

Your post about the balance was correct. I don't necessarily mean money transfers however, a couple of loanees from the fringes of a Premiership team would do nicely.

As for this 'sussed out', I don't get it currently. There needs to be more effort from the players going off recent performances. Your confidence maybe low but that doesn't excuse the lack of trying. Again, it suggests that in the aftermath of the Forest game, divisions were made in the squad as there is no clear leader.

Didn't really create anything the whole match. Looked like we had very few ideas. Kermo didn't really do a great deal, Waghorn ran around a lot without doing a whole lot either.

Powell did well (although maybe i'm just comparing him to McGivern)

Whats going on with out midfield? Wellens is looking completely off the ball after looking really good the first part of the season.

Credit to Barnsley they didn't give us any time on the ball and passed it around. But it looks like teams have figured out how to stop us.

Didn't really create anything the whole match. Looked like we had very few ideas. Kermo didn't really do a great deal, Waghorn ran around a lot without doing a whole lot either.

Powell did well (although maybe i'm just comparing him to McGivern)

Whats going on with out midfield? Wellens is looking completely off the ball after looking really good the first part of the season.

Credit to Barnsley they didn't give us any time on the ball and passed it around. But it looks like teams have figured out how to stop us.

I agree with all of that mate. Glad to be home. The best bit was seeing Ian Marshall in the bar before the game.

Woeful performance. We didnt put together one single move of note.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670